TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I think people should be able to come in here and express their frustrating with what was a *very* short drop, and now a very *scarce* drop, without people ganging up on them. Complaining about hunting new releases is *part* of the whole new release package, it's just one of the things that is going to happen when you get such rare drops with such an awesome sprite set. To tell people not to complain is a little selfish, I think. Everyone should be able to express how they feel about this release, not just the good things.

And many of us HAVE been hunting for it. Hours straight, camping every drop.

Why can't we be a bit disappointed that the drop started having old eggs mixed in so soon, adn the fact all 3 colors are in one biome and time based means that those that aren't super fast reflexes or super fast internet have to compete with those already refilling their scrolls with new eggs, becuase we've been struggling to get one for ages without luck?

it's not being salty, and it's not the 'thrill of the hunt'. It's pure and simple frustration for wasting hours of our lives trying to complete our set for nothing. I haven't seen a single crystal drop since last night becuase they're gone before my page reloads. How is that thrill of the hunt or 'fun'? if anything it's disheartening and makes me wonder why i bloody well even try

I actually am just going to say screw it on the green crystals. i just can't bring myself to care anymore. I have better things to do with my day then stare at the Volcano biome for another 4 hours desperately trying to click on one.

And this is the exact reason why TJ needs to come in and address this

We don't all pick up CB Golds every week. It wouldn't be fun if there was no thrill of the chase. Part of me would love if Dinos dropped more often but more of me knows I wouldn't love them if I could get so many of them.

You don't have to keep complaining in this thread about how you didn't get any or as many as you want, it's not productive and it's not relevant and frankly, it's starting to get irritating. If you want one so bad, you gotta hunt for it, just like any other dragon on this site.

:\ but this isn't hunting for CB Golds, it's hunting for a brand new dragon which we were all here for the release of, and which, like all new dragons, was supposed to be easily obtainable for the first few days. it isn't fair to compare a brand new flood to CB Golds. apples and oranges.

it's not as if the people complaining want to be rewarded without putting any effort in, because they are putting effort in. a ton of effort. if people are not able to obtain these eggs during a period where they are supposed to be easily obtainable, i do think it's relevant, and i don't think it's unproductive. we have a couple hundred people trying to get eggs that were released just 3 days ago, that's a bit silly, isn't it? something's out of balance with supply and demand, and it shouldn't be this way only 3 days later.

It's also an important distinction that CB Gold/Silver hunting never reaches beyond 10-19 people (in my experience) across different biomes. In this situation, 70-120 people are looking for one species in this one biome.

Corteo, I absolutely love the Tetras. Their soft color just adds to the serenity of their pose. This is a new shade of blue for the cave, too, which is always good news for me. smile.gif

I love the Fire Gems, too, of course. Their bright colors and dynamic poses make quite a contrast to the Tetra.

Now if I could just complete my goals for them, but I fear it will be like the Coppers and Xenos and take me years to get enough to make decent lineages. sad.gif

Awwwwwwww. The description for Tetra dragons is so cute! I love them!

These dragons are the BOMB. The colors of the crystals are so vibrant, and so bold, they are unbelievable. The fair dragons have such beautiful regal colors. All of them are just amazingly beautiful.

I've been playing Dragon Caves a while, and how obtainable a new release is typically--in my experience--depends on their rarity. The blusang lindwurms, the legendaries, the xenowryms and the golden wyverns, those were all difficult to get too. Yes, even on the day they were released. And especially the day they grew up and everyone saw how awesome they were.

But you know, even though I didn't get all those the day of, I did eventually catch them. Sometimes it takes patience, a bit of luck and a ton of persistence, but it is possible. At the end of the day, this is a game. Challenges are a feature, not a bug.

..That said, of course, frustration is totes valid and if we're not allowed to vent here, then where???

I hunt two hours at a time with an hour break because I already have two greens. I've been doing this since normal eggs started dropping in the volcano again- that's several days, and I have fast internet yet I've only seen a literal handful of fire gems, unable to catch any of them. And considering the eggs I caught during the release were killed via view bombing I think I have plenty of reason to be salty and complain. All the fire gems I have now were gifted to me by super nice people but I can't expect others to give me what I lost without putting effort in myself. Why can't there be a 24-48 hour drop of just new releases?

Well, the adults if both breeds are fantastic!

I actually love the tetras more than the gem fires, but both are great!

Regarding frustration: I've been around long enough that I could tell these were going to be hard to get really early, and to know that eventually we will be able to get them. Personally I do wish all new releases dropped fast and heavy for about two days- which used to happen! But then people complained about all the new eggs. :/

I think the Fire Gems are the more... in-your-face breed of this release? Like, they are so colorful and shocking and their poses are so dynamic and the shading is so awesome. But the Tetras are just the cutest little things, I love their description and the adults look so awesomely happy! I want tons of them!

I love the look of the adults. I can't wait for mine to grow up and I need to find more eggs as well.

For me, I was smart enough to hide my eggs to avoid being view bombed. But then as people came back, they were upset cause they got view bombed. I grabbed eggs, not for myself but for others who got frustrated. I tried to help. CellyBean has been trying to help.

There's no chance if 80+ people are fighting for that dongle egg that drops.

And I'm wondering where is TJ in all this mess?

I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. If these dragons are meant to be common to uncommon, then there is no reason to have such a short drop. Why can't new common releases be similar to Halloween drops? Have an entire day without having to worry about misclicking an egg. Day ends, and then they are mixed back in with the other dragons as per regular schedules. Having releases done this way hurts no one and benefits everyone.

Been away for the afternoon and I was checking the Volcano:

"This egg is sitting in front of the others."

Obviously.

For hours. tongue.gif

people are allowed to voice their opinions and frustrations here. this isnt chicken smoothie

im a good hunter, i have good reflexs and a nice computer and i've seen 5 crystal eggs throughout the entire day of hunting and managed to get one of them

the crystal eggs just arent dropping enough

I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. If these dragons are meant to be common to uncommon, then there is no reason to have such a short drop. Why can't new common releases be similar to Halloween drops? Have an entire day without having to worry about misclicking an egg. Day ends, and then they are mixed back in with the other dragons as per regular schedules. Having releases done this way hurts no one and benefits everyone.

If I remember correctly it used to be like this but then too many eggs would be created and mess up the ratios. That would mean that you then wouldn't find or be able to breed any for months. I may be misremembering but I'm pretty sure that's how it was.

I've been sitting in the coastal and jungle biomes since 11 am and have yet to see any of the new eggs fall. I did however catch a vamp egg in the abandoned page to gift to my cousin. This is getting ridiculous. It's not about the eggs being snatched up too quickly, it's about not even seeing them drop. It's like they don't even exist at this point.

If I remember correctly it used to be like this but then too many eggs would be created and mess up the ratios. That would mean that you then wouldn't find or be able to breed any for months. I may be misremembering but I'm pretty sure that's how it was.

That makes perfect sense then! I didn't know about that. Still, there are so many players on this site that something needs to be done. A better balance is needed, I guess.

I've been sitting in the coastal and jungle biomes since 11 am and have yet to see any of the new eggs fall. I did however catch a vamp egg in the abandoned page to gift to my cousin. This is getting ridiculous. It's not about the eggs being snatched up too quickly, it's about not even seeing them drop. It's like they don't even exist at this point.

exactly

Oh yeah. Post-release droughts used to be a nightmare.

I've still gotta grab some more... only got a pair of the reds. Hopefully I'll have a little luck when I can hunt this weekend. smile.gif

Golly. These things don't like hatching OR gendering. *pokes everyone with the GENITALIANAOPLZ stick*

Then the ratios need to be adjusted.

Dragon Cave has grown to a point that the existing method isnt working well.

Its very frustrating not having even one volcano egg, despite a considerable amount of time put into trying to catch them.

Further messing up the ratios, current trading values for metallics now include 10 hatchies of the volcano new releases-some with specific colors. So we arent just competing against other people trying to get eggs for their scrolls but people snapping up eggs for trading for wanted metallics.