TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I believe there's an easy fix to any ratio related issue... Simply make them all fully reset after each release's flood. Would not only improve(/balance) the way new releases drop in the cave afterwards but also the breeding... I've seen enough of "I can't breed a 2008 Common Breed from a 2016 Uncommon Breed pairing"... ^^; I can't understand why it's not a thing yet? Sometimes changes are kind of a must... in this case, we have a thing that doesn't work well enough... it's gamebreaking at least to some extend. And this reset might be the simpliest way to at least improve things...

And I'm not a pro-changes person... But some stuffs just need to be changed...

I believe 24h of new release exclusive flood should be the minimum of each release. In Tales of Ostlea they have 3 days flood in the release biome (while the others work unaffected) and it works! And if the new breed is a rare, it still has a trading value of one afterwards despite of being so easy to grab during the release(and they have 10! egg slots)! Later on things drop properly, as if they've always been in the game, no matter if it was a rare or a common. When I joined in, and checked some Wikia, I was shocked to see which creature was released mere few weeks before I joined and what was its intended rarity... Felt like as if it was in the game for ages! Just perfectly how it was supposed to be:) TJ, really, just give it a shot and reconsider some stuff on DC:)

_____

I personally didn't manage to catch any of the Fire Gems on my own. While I could always fill my slots in the past... I owe a bit to my laptop going old, but still...(Great thanks to my bf and also to CellyBean for my pairs<3 I'd have stood no chance without you!)

BTW, if anyone wanted PBs of these, I'm willing to gift my pairs' offspring to help you at least get the sprites! This release has been way too frustrating, really...

the least they could do it extend the release drop for dragons that have multiples like the xenowyrms and these fire gems

Uh... who's Fire gem spriter?

Normally, when you visit the dragon's page, the spriters are credited in the bottom of the page:) Fire Gems have various spriters... some have 1, some have even 3:P

Uh... who's Fire gem spriter?

Art credits for sprites are always found at the bottom of their view page. If you click through TJ's, you can see a few spriters helped, but these are Process' babies. =)

Wow! I really really like the fire gems! My favourites are definitely the blues.

Edit: I'm looking at some posts, and I feel some of you are treating this unfairly. They may be rare, y'know. Just because they're new, doesn't mean they should drop like commons after the release. I know Aeons didn't.

Edited by kittyrules2003

And ... the fire gem I like best is the one I don't have yet. rolleyes.gif Got one by trade! smile.gif

And I've yet to see even one this hour so far.

Lovely dragons overall, though, both of them. Thank you to the spriters!

Edited by Lagie

Wow! I really really like the fire gems! My favourites are definitely the blues.

Edit: I'm looking at some posts, and I feel some of you are treating this unfairly. They may be rare, y'know. Just because they're new, doesn't mean they should drop like commons after the release. I know Aeons didn't.

It's more than just being rare, they are dropping less than metals and legendary trios. I've seen as many fire gems as I have chickens today (that's 1... 1 fire gem and 1 chicken). I've been hunting for days, not just hours or minutes, DAYS. It's extremely frustrating that not even 24 hours after they release these dragons are basically nonexistent as the other eggs fill the biomes. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was like the tetras with only one type, but there are three types of fire gems and that means more eggs to collect and more time is needed to collect those eggs. Why can't they be common or uncommon for a few days after their release and then they can be switched to what they are supposed to be?

I just want more time added to the release

Aeons dropped a heck of a lot better then these. They weren't dirt-common, but they were *not* rarer then golds, as these seem to be. This is the rarest release we have had in a *long* time, as evidenced by people seeing more golds and silvers then the new breed.

I am not one to think everything should be a piece of cake to obtain. I doubt many people do think that. But this is not like Aeons. I was catching those with only moderate effort for days after the release.

Now I don't think anyone would want to go back to the electro-nocturn-opy release of Jan 2010, where they dropped for days. And days. And days. And days. But the first old eggs started mixing in after 4 hrs. That means only the blues had a 2 hr drop. The reds and greens had one each. The drop rate diminished slowly but steadily after that and is now all but non-existent.

I see nothing wrong with a 24 hr flood. It covers all the time zones. Then maybe a lesser drop rate but it should still be reasonable. Maybe the ratio should start over after the first couple of days. One thing i do know is that a large number of angry/frustrated people is not conducive to player retention.

I had absolutely no trouble catching these, I caught two of each color within the hour the day after they were released. I'm not on some special gaming computer, and my wifi is normal. I don't think the release deserves this much hate, that being said, it is okay to complain. This release was filled with wonderful people such as CellyBean, as every release is. Remember, there's always good in everything. Look on the positive side. Thank you to TJ and Spriters for another wonderful release!

I had absolutely no trouble catching these, I caught two of each color within the hour the day after they were released. I'm not on some special gaming computer, and my wifi is normal. I don't think the release deserves this much hate, that being said, it is okay to complain. This release was filled with wonderful people such as CellyBean, as every release is. Remember, there's always good in everything. Look on the positive side. Thank you to TJ and Spriters for another wonderful release!

Well that's only because you were lucky enough to happen to be online the exact hour they were released. I don't think the system can be considered fair if it's only easy to get something if you happen to randomly be online at the hour a new release hits (it's not like these are pre-scheduled. Nobody even knows when they will happen). I agree that with a release that is hour-sensitive, each egg should have gotten at least 2-3 solid releases. That would total to at least 6-9 hours of straight flooding with the new eggs.

And at this point, only 3 days in.....it's as if the tetra AND fire gems didn't even exist. You barely see them. I've seen more coppers and pyralspites than I have these eggs.

Edited by Pryanka

It's more than just being rare, they are dropping less than metals and legendary trios. I've seen as many fire gems as I have chickens today (that's 1... 1 fire gem and 1 chicken). I've been hunting for days, not just hours or minutes, DAYS. It's extremely frustrating that not even 24 hours after they release these dragons are basically nonexistent as the other eggs fill the biomes. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was like the tetras with only one type, but there are three types of fire gems and that means more eggs to collect and more time is needed to collect those eggs. Why can't they be common or uncommon for a few days after their release and then they can be switched to what they are supposed to be?

I just want more time added to the release

True, and I don't disagree at all. I just feel like some people thought they were going to be really easy to get / drop often.

For all you people saying 'stop being salty'. You say that catching these eggs are supposed to be a challenge? That its the 'fun of the chase'

Got a challenge for you. How about you all go and leave your super fast internet location for some place without fast internet and try hunting on a mobile device and then tell me 'Dont be salty'. Because that is my situation. I dont own a computer so I get 1 change per ever 5 minutes IF any crystals drop because there is no ctrl click to open in new tab on mobile. By the time I 'click' and get taken to the 'Someone got this egg first' page and manage to back space all potential crystals are gone and im stuck staring at brimstones, guardians, and mints among a few others.

Since I woke up this morning Ive been hunting..Ive see maybe 3 eggs (sometimes I miss a drop or two due to distraction and a girl DOES have to eat) and missed them all. I only have a kindle fire and a Galaxy express 3 (android phone) with which to hunt. No fancy computers or click bots or anything most of you guys have. I finally said '**** it' and quit trying after getting so p*ssed off I wanted to hurl my phone.

I only found out about these darn eggs Monday night...I stayed up until I went crosseyed and only managed 2 blues and a green. Not only that but one blue was a GIFT. (I only got it because someone felt bad for me when I admitted in the DC chat that I was crying due to being completely frustrated...this after non stop hunting for 3 hours with nothing to show for it)

Oh and for the person who likened this type of hunting to CB gold hunting? I'VE PLAYED SINCE 2008 AND DONT HAVE A CB GOLD. Also CB golds spawn in most if not all biomes and most people dont actively hunt them because they are smart and realize its easier to trade for them from the few with super computers, fast reflexes, and great internet. CB golds are SUPPOSED to be rare...they have always been that way. These new Fire Gems are most likely going to be no more than Uncommon...they should be easier to find then a CB gold...and yet right now I'd probably have more luck seeing a CB gold.

That said I give the blep up on catching these hellbeasts...I'll maybe try for a red crystal during halloween when everyone is busy hunting ap for pretty lineages or something (hunting during holiday breeding is easier...finally got a leetle tree last year during a holiday breeding week.)

Anyways as I've given up due to my hands going all tingly from clutching my dang cellphone for half the day I guess I'll post this and go watch youtube...maybe some satisfying videos because DC and its 'oh I still think its 2011 user ratios' is so /unsatisfying/

Can everybody please just take a deep breath? Everyone's at each other's throats right now. I think we'd all benefit from calmer discussion; there's no need for this much anger toward each other.

These dragons aren't going anywhere--they're a permanent release, and everyone will have time to get them. If you're having trouble catching, perhaps take a break from hunting for a couple days or weeks--once the ratios balance and people stop crowding the biomes for them, I'm sure catching will be more manageable. Just because you can't catch them immediately doesn't mean you'll never get one. And if catching doesn't work, there are lots of other methods to getting eggs--trading, gifting threads, breeding requests, etc. Perhaps it'll give you something to do until the next release.

True, and I don't disagree at all. I just feel like some people thought they were going to be really easy to get / drop often.

no one that is complaining was expecting it to be an easy to get drop. They are complaining because these eggs drop less than golds and trios and they only came out the other day with a 4 hour drop before other eggs mixed in. So many people were unable to get there in time or have fast enough computers to get any of these eggs and now they are more elusive than the rarest eggs on the site. People have been hunting for a very very long time and that is where the salt comes from. Hours upon hours of camping, clicking, refreshing, seeing more golds and silvers and magmas than the new release.

and I am so not exaggerating at all when I say they are rarer than the rarest drops because I am one of those people that have been camping and refreshing and clicking for days

For all you people saying 'stop being salty'. You say that catching these eggs are supposed to be a challenge? That its the 'fun of the chase'

Got a challenge for you. How about you all go and leave your super fast internet location for some place without fast internet and try hunting on a mobile device and then tell me 'Dont be salty'. Because that is my situation. I dont own a computer so I get 1 change per ever 5 minutes IF any crystals drop because there is no ctrl click to open in new tab on mobile. By the time I 'click' and get taken to the 'Someone got this egg first' page and manage to back space all potential crystals are gone and im stuck staring at brimstones, guardians, and mints among a few others.

Since I woke up this morning Ive been hunting..Ive see maybe 3 eggs (sometimes I miss a drop or two due to distraction and a girl DOES have to eat) and missed them all. I only have a kindle fire and a Galaxy express 3 (android phone) with which to hunt. No fancy computers or click bots or anything most of you guys have. I finally said '**** it' and quit trying after getting so p*ssed off I wanted to hurl my phone.

I only found out about these darn eggs Monday night...I stayed up until I went crosseyed and only managed 2 blues and a green. Not only that but one blue was a GIFT. (I only got it because someone felt bad for me when I admitted in the DC chat that I was crying due to being completely frustrated...this after non stop hunting for 3 hours with nothing to show for it)

Oh and for the person who likened this type of hunting to CB gold hunting? I'VE PLAYED SINCE 2008 AND DONT HAVE A CB GOLD. Also CB golds spawn in most if not all biomes and most people dont actively hunt them because they are smart and realize its easier to trade for them from the few with super computers, fast reflexes, and great internet. CB golds are SUPPOSED to be rare...they have always been that way. These new Fire Gems are most likely going to be no more than Uncommon...they should be easier to find then a CB gold...and yet right now I'd probably have more luck seeing a CB gold.

That said I give the blep up on catching these hellbeasts...I'll maybe try for a red crystal during halloween when everyone is busy hunting ap for pretty lineages or something (hunting during holiday breeding is easier...finally got a leetle tree last year during a holiday breeding week.)

Anyways as I've given up due to my hands going all tingly from clutching my dang cellphone for half the day I guess I'll post this and go watch youtube...maybe some satisfying videos because DC and its 'oh I still think its 2011 user ratios' is so /unsatisfying/

Ok, that's a shame?? You don't have to try to make us feel bad because we own computers?? If everything were easy to obtain in this game, nobody would play it. It would be boring. These eggs have value. They won't often drop since they aren't commons, and everyone is on the hunt for one. You could say, "you're only saying that because you have eggs!" but that's because we got them on the day they were released. We check the DC website more. Just because we were more fortunate than you doesn't mean we should feel sorry for you.

I don't have a CB gold either. I suck at hunting; I don't have the patience. But I believe the CB Gems will end up being on the rarer end of the 'uncommon' scale. That's how it is. Complaining won't solve anything. I understand the frustration but please. What do you want us to do, buy you a computer???

Anyways, if you want your browser to load faster, I recommend the Saint Patrick's day skin. It loads the biomes faster because it doesn't need to load as many images. Also, hunting for these sorts of dragons on a phone is impossible. You may as well give up, as most experienced hunters will be on a computer. Here are some more hunting tips, credit to

predatorfan4ever, who catches multiple golds per day:

user posted image

Edit: I understand they are supposed to be dropping more than they are. But they aren't. There's nothing we can do about it. If you want my advice, go hunt for them in a few weeks when there isn't ~80 people in volcano.

Edited by kittyrules2003

They are complaining because these eggs drop less than golds and trios and they only came out the other day with a 4 hour drop before other eggs mixed in.

I haven't seen any golds or trios during this release, yet I've seen several Fire Gems today alone. Please do be wary about exaggerating--it furthers the hysteria, and only makes everyone more upset ;c

Also, I think I saw several posts debunking the 4-hour mixing rumor; if I recall correctly, only one user reported mixing that early, while everyone else seemed to notice it around 8ish hours in, which is purportedly when it normally begins.

Well that's only because you were lucky enough to happen to be online the exact hour they were released. I don't think the system can be considered fair if it's only easy to get something if you happen to randomly be online at the hour a new release hits (it's not like these are pre-scheduled. Nobody even knows when they will happen).

I was on almost 24 hours after the initial drop. That should be more than enough time for the initial flood to have gone away.

That being said, think about what went on behind this release and how much work it must have taken. Everyone take a deep breath and calm down. TJ is doing his best and you can't expect more than that. Remember, half the fun of the game is the hunt. Just calm down and enjoy the release. Look at CellyBean. So many kind people were behind this release, and like PieMaster said, we'll all benefit from a little peace.

I was on almost 24 hours after the initial drop. That should be more than enough time for the initial flood to have gone away.

That being said, think about what went on behind this release and how much work it must have taken. Everyone take a deep breath and calm down. TJ is doing his best and you can't expect more than that. Remember, half the fun of the game is the hunt. Just calm down and enjoy the release. Look at CellyBean. So many kind people were behind this release, and like PieMaster said, we'll all benefit from a little peace.

Seconding this^

I came onto this thread expecting to see people talking about what pairs they'll breed with these new dragons-- something I'm genuinely interested in. I know it's frustrating.. but arguing and taking out your anger in a forum post won't help. Don't hesitate to close your DC browser and wait for a while before hunting again.. If something is wrong with their drop rate it will have been fixed by then and there won't be as many people in the volcano.

I agree, lets all calm down and take a nice cool breath. Back away from your PCs before you say something you'll be regret.

@Vampyre I'm an active phone user myself, catching eggs is difficult for me, but I was one of the more graceful people and gave away eggs to people who couldn't catch none. And I'm on phone!

I haven't seen any golds or trios during this release, yet I've seen several Fire Gems today alone. Please do be wary about exaggerating--it furthers the hysteria, and only makes everyone more upset ;c

Also, I think I saw several posts debunking the 4-hour mixing rumor; if I recall correctly, only one user reported mixing that early, while everyone else seemed to notice it around 8ish hours in, which is purportedly when it normally begins.

Maybe Metals is better than just golds, because I know I've seen multiple metals. I'm not sure if you have been camping and refreshing literally every second like I have. I do not lie about the numbers I've seen myself. I can believe you may have seen a few fire gems ALL day, but that is ALL DAY. in a span of two hours I saw multiple magmas, 2 silvers, a gold, and one or two coppers. So lets look at those stats. in two hours, only 1 fire gem dropped while there were 5 or 6 magmas and 5 or 6 metals.

This is not hysteria, this is fact

I caught all of mine 12+ hours after release on mobile. Multiple. It's difficult but not impossible. And there was mixing but by no means to the degree there is now. I think they're so hard to catch because there are so many ppl hunting right now. I'd wait it out, tbh, they're not limited edition or anything, they'll be around for a good long while.

ETA Just because you saw them didn't mean they didn't drop. Very likely someone got it already. You're more likely to see other rares right now in volcano because ppl are waiting for the fire gems and not taking them, I imagine.

Edited by plumpernuff