TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

all four sets are absolutely gorgeous, thank you to the spriters. i'm very glad to have been around for this release

Edited by ab613

OMG that grin on the Tetra's face! biggrin.gif Adorable! My favourite Corteo dragon so far. I already have some breeding plans.

But my favourite of this release is the female blue Fire Gem. wub.gif Closely followed by both reds. wub.gif Please let them be not rare, I need to hoard them! biggrin.gif

I ADORE the blue male Fire Gem! I'm gonna try and swap one of my Red eggs or hatchlings for a Blue egg so that I can Influence a jazz-handsy boy of my very own <3

They are all very cool. So far I don't have any of the volcano ones (I don't know what they are called, sorry) but I think they are all very well made. I've been trying to nab them, but someone was always faster so I'm going to wait for popularity to die down a little.

The Fire Gems are amazing. Once again, I love how each color variation has their own unique pose, and how there are also gender specific features- the females have horns while the males have this row of spikes growing atop their heads. Also interesting how each color variation have their own unique fire color. (Bonus points for creativity with the green Fire Gem- I don't think I've ever heard of purple fire being utilized before.)

The Tetras are also pretty nice. While not as eye-catching as the Fire Gems, I do like the unique color style. For some reason, I particularly like the black feet. It almost reminds me of a red fox.

Oh my.... The Fire Gems are absolutely breathtaking. Love it!! The Tetras are awesome as well. Thank you spriters!!

I haven't either & it's very frustrating. I've been on for 10 hours now and except for seeing one crystal (nabbed by someone else, of course)  last night, I have not seen anything!  rolleyes.gif

I guess you had to be there the first 4 hours. I sent messages to a moderator & a spriter about this, but no response(s) yet.  Maybe it's an attempt to make them really rare.

Mods & spriters can't do anything unless the rarity was set incorrectly. The only person who decides drop rate is TJ.

Edited by kerrikins

Oh wow..

The adult sprites look awesome! I can't wait till my egg grows up into those awesome dragons

Congrats to whoever managed to grab that Gold! ^___^

Been watching the Volcano biome for about an hour now - all drops - and no Fire Gem eggs at all. Not even flashing by and being grabbed at lightspeed.

Simply none. >.>

The adult fire gems are just beautiful. I only wish I had grabbed more of the gem dragons rather than the other. Now I'll never find another one, given my luck. :/

Guys you know the Fire Gems are most likely not going to be 'rare' right? I think the last actual non holiday release rare was the purple dino. I also remember lots of mentions over the years about TJ being content with the number of site rares.

I think at best we can safely assume these will be uncommon. However they will be USER DRIVEN rare. Which sucks for people such as myself who are stuck on MOBILE. No ctrl click, no opening in new tabs, I get ONE chance per 5 minute drop even if all 3 slots fill in with a Fire Gem.

Guess for the next year or so, until everyone gets sick and tired of these things I'm going to be stuck with my 3...the 2 I somehow managed to get after staying up half the night...and the one I was gifted. Never mind that I dont even have a red one ;_;

I sure hope they aren't going to be real "rare". I haven't gotten any at all, nor seen their descriptions in a flash by, so I'm going to give up for now and go back to what I'm supposed to be doing: cleaning house for my in-laws' visit.

Sure do hope everyone else gets egg-locked soon, so when I can pop back, I can grab some. tongue.gif

Finally a new release I'm pumped about! These are AMAZING! <3

edit: Also, the Tetras look like they just cracked a joke and are looking around like, "Eh? Eh? That was funny!" Love it tongue.gif

Edited by coo_

Guys you know the Fire Gems are most likely not going to be 'rare' right? I think the last actual non holiday release rare was the purple dino. I also remember lots of mentions over the years about TJ being content with the number of site rares.

I think at best we can safely assume these will be uncommon. However they will be USER DRIVEN rare. Which sucks for people such as myself who are stuck on MOBILE. No ctrl click, no opening in new tabs, I get ONE chance per 5 minute drop even if all 3 slots fill in with a Fire Gem.

Guess for the next year or so, until everyone gets sick and tired of these things I'm going to be stuck with my 3...the 2 I somehow managed to get after staying up half the night...and the one I was gifted. Never mind that I dont even have a red one ;_;

Exactly how i feel about this

I just saw a fire gem. Granted, I sat there staring at it like an idiot for 5 seconds and didn't catch it, but I still saw one. 😃

Edited by bob_jones

Does anyone remember whether eggs that die from sickness contribue to the ratios? I'm seeing that I'm not the only one who was viewbombed so I'm wondering if that's part of the issue.

Beyond that it's probably just legitimate demand for these eggs, though. Some breeds are hard to find due to user demand.

I sure hope they aren't going to be real "rare".  I haven't gotten any at all, nor seen their descriptions in a flash by, so I'm going to give up for now and go back to what I'm supposed to be doing: cleaning house for my in-laws' visit.

Sure do hope everyone else gets egg-locked soon, so when I can pop back, I can grab some.  tongue.gif

Ive been trying since late Sunday night and still no luck on the Volcanos.

I really think that we need a change so that new releases are the only thing in the biomes for either a full day or for 2 full days.

There are too many players for everyone to get their 7 eggs in the current time, and the different colors while cool, also mean that there will be more people who will be grabbing eggs trying to get the colors.

Edited by Romulan

I think people are being way too salty in this thread about not getting the release. Like, it sucks, sure, but such is the nature of this game. We don't all pick up CB Golds every week. It wouldn't be fun if there was no thrill of the chase. Part of me would love if Dinos dropped more often but more of me knows I wouldn't love them if I could get so many of them.

You don't have to keep complaining in this thread about how you didn't get any or as many as you want, it's not productive and it's not relevant and frankly, it's starting to get irritating. If you want one so bad, you gotta hunt for it, just like any other dragon on this site.

I think people are being way too salty in this thread about not getting the release. Like, it sucks, sure, but such is the nature of this game. We don't all pick up CB Golds every week. It wouldn't be fun if there was no thrill of the chase. Part of me would love if Dinos dropped more often but more of me knows I wouldn't love them if I could get so many of them.

You don't have to keep complaining in this thread about how you didn't get any or as many as you want, it's not productive and it's not relevant and frankly, it's starting to get irritating. If you want one so bad, you gotta hunt for it, just like any other dragon on this site.

The problem is not the lack of willingness to hunt for them - I've been in the Volcano biome for 1 1/2 hours now without a break - but the fact that they're not there to be hunted!

1 1/2 hours means 20 droptimes... and not a single Fire Gem egg. Did see a Gold, finally, after more than a year... ^^ (not that I managed to catch it...).

I'm willing to hunt them. But if there's nothing to hunt, how do you expect people to get their eggs? >.>

Anyone else think they look like the pun dog meme? laugh.gif I love it!

user posted image

user posted image

Not for the first time, I wish we could "like" posts!!!

It's kinda hard to hunt when there's 60-100 people camping out at the Volcano page all vying for one egg. I get being grateful, and I get being content we got a new release at all, but there's 'dilligently hunting' and then there's 'an impossible task'. It's not helping that there's three variants of the same breed in the same biome; at least the Pryalspite dragons are all located in separate biomes.

And many of us HAVE been hunting for it. Hours straight, camping every drop.

Why can't we be a bit disappointed that the drop started having old eggs mixed in so soon, adn the fact all 3 colors are in one biome and time based means that those that aren't super fast reflexes or super fast internet have to compete with those already refilling their scrolls with new eggs, becuase we've been struggling to get one for ages without luck?

it's not being salty, and it's not the 'thrill of the hunt'. It's pure and simple frustration for wasting hours of our lives trying to complete our set for nothing. I haven't seen a single crystal drop since last night becuase they're gone before my page reloads. How is that thrill of the hunt or 'fun'? if anything it's disheartening and makes me wonder why i bloody well even try

I actually am just going to say screw it on the green crystals. i just can't bring myself to care anymore. I have better things to do with my day then stare at the Volcano biome for another 4 hours desperately trying to click on one.

Edited by Sirithiliel