TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

All of the new sprites are beautiful! I love the flow of the pose on the tetras and how soft they look. The firegems are also gorgeous and they remind me of older video game sprites. I love the texturing on them.

I think it's not unreasonable to drop them like cave blockers for like 24 hours or something. This species required you to be there at a certain place or time to get a certain variant, and some variants showed hints of at least user-run rareness (some majority having no problem getting red gems and asking for blue/green gems).

edit: BTW, I LOVE the green gems and tetras especially!

Edited by MisaTange

apparently the drop only lasted for four hours reading earlier in the thread (like the very beginning) before old eggs mixed in

4 hours is not enough time

Oh, well, a little bit off topic but

Lately my Tetra and Fire Gem hatchlings get removed from the hatchery I use and this is kind of annoying :/

Anyone has the same problem?

Wow, the Tetra dragons are GORGEOUS. *v* They easily come up in my top 5 favorites... I will be hoarding these! (or trying to? I hope they don't end up too hard to find)

I love the lore as well, I hope it makes it to the Encyclopedia soon! And BTW Corteo, I'd love the extra info about the Nilias to be added as well... *hint, hint*

~

I'm not too fond of the Fire Gems... While the poses and colors are truly spectacular, they look really blurry/pixelated to me? huh.gif

But uh. Since I seem to be unable to catch them, I guess it's good they're not my favorites?! (...find joy in the little things.......)

I really like the tetras. :3

Now if they would show up for me... tongue.gif

WOW, those dragons are MAGNIFICENT! I particularly love the Blue Fire Gem ones, they're so pretty. I just.

Can't.

Catch.

Them.

I have two of the Tetras, and two Fire gems. One blue, one red, and no greens. I'd like a pair of both, but that doesn't seem like it's going to be anytime soon.

I shall try.

WOOW

^Literally my first thought when I saw the adults

The Fire Gems are glorious. They are magnificent. They are truly deserving of all the extravagant adjectives! I look forward to seeing the green male. I also look forward to breeding Tetras with Luminas. Great job, all spriters smile.gif

apparently the drop only lasted for four hours reading earlier in the thread (like the very beginning) before old eggs mixed in

4 hours is not enough time

I concur. From what I've seen, what normally happens is the flood lasts for 24 hours before the old eggs start mixing in.

Amazingly beautiful. The red male though is my favourite because he looks like he's smoking a pipe and that's just adorable.

Or burninating something. The first thing I thought of was this - just mentally reverse the colors... user posted image

Or like this haha (apologies to the artists) user posted image

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Guys, there's no need to start jumping on each others case about this. Yes, it is stressful that they're hard to see let alone grab, yes there are those who have completed sets and will boast about their achievement, I understand your position, I've been there so many times myself, but there are also many kind people who are huntimg for othere people and offering to breed their dragons for those who couldn't grab any. Just calm down, These dragons are a permanent release.

I couldn't be happier! These dragons are so gorgeous, I'm happy to have gotten any of them <3

The only part that kind of bothers me is the Blue Male's tail looks... I don't know, bulky? But that's like 1% of a complaint. They're gorgeous and the spriters did an awesome job with them.

The reds are my favorite... the contrast is so interesting. I'm starting to wonder if the smaller s1 sprites are supposed to look rather blurry? These dragons have a retro 16 bit feel to me, I don't really know why. It kinda makes the bluriness fit perfectly!

Wow, gorgeous! I especially like the female blue and green, and the male red

I like the blue tails, even though they are bigger. The red female throws me off cause her tail looks like another dragon head/mouth almost x)

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I contacted Z about the issue. They have no idea what's going on like the rest of us.

So until TJ comes on, we really have no real answer as to why this happened.

Wow, gorgeous! I especially like the female blue and green, and the male red

check your pms c: got a red crystal waiting for you <3

My favorite is the green Gem

and it could just mean they will be rares, what's the normal time they start mixing in?

I only remember that every single time there is a new release that people start complaining that they mix too soon. So I can only think that it is normal for them to mix so soon.

I contacted Z about the issue. They have no idea what's going on like the rest of us.

wait wait what happened ???

Guys, there's no need to start jumping on each others case about this. Yes, it is stressful that they're hard to see let alone grab, yes there are those who have completed sets and will boast about their achievement, I understand your position, I've been there so many times myself, but there are also many kind people who are huntimg for othere people and offering to breed their dragons for those who couldn't grab any. Just calm down, These dragons are a permanent release.

I think my main frustration is that i like CBs, i like to create my own breeding plans and work on them

And permanent releases of highly valued / rare dragons means they might as well be limited releases =/ i've never seen a copper, a xenowyrm, gold, silver, trio, etc. I've NEVER seen them in the cave after their release date. I'm one of those that doesn't have fast internet i guess, though my internet works fine on every other site but dragon cave. But on those hourly drops my dragon cave freezes up for couple of minutes, and by then any of the cool rare things are already gone, leaving me with yet more cave blockers to stare at.

If i dont' get them on release day, I have to rely on kind people gifting them to me, but even that is hard to do because i have no lineages of value to breed that'd tempt people to offer up one of their rare CB eggs.

That's part of my frustration. yes, they're permanent releases, but that means nothing when i've not seen a single rare / uncommon egg outside their release period. This is the first release i missed the first day on, and it looks like i just so happened to miss a breed that's going to vanish as fast as Xenowyrms and coppers do, which means I won't see them. I'll have to settle for trying to breed 2nd gen green crystals i guess and just not make lineages with them

Yeah what happened? The drop, or the way the s2 hatchies look blurry, or something else?

Everything seems fine/normal to me.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Why do you keep insisting something happened? Nothing happened.

Edited by Odeen

Green male looks so .... weird!!! Where's the rest of his body x) He's like a sunsong wannabe with his wing covering everything.

I only see one arm, and not even any back spines, where's the rest of the body! Lol! xd.png Someone explain to me how he makes sense

Edited by Nightwalkerkey