TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

Ugh, they just had to be pretty, didn't they? If they were ugly, maybe people would stop hunting them and I could get one. laugh.gif Wonder if it'd be possible to rebalance the ratios somehow...

Golly. These things don't like hatching OR gendering. *pokes everyone with the GENITALIANAOPLZ stick*

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I do agree. They are greedy little suckers...more views nao!!

Anyone else think they look like the pun dog meme?  laugh.gif  I love it!

Not at all! Totally unrelated! tongue.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

Aw I quite like the little Tetras! Their wings are nicely drawn. I feel kind of sorry that they have been so overlooked due to the gems.

This is way beyond ridiculous - twqo straight days and not a ONE from the Volcano. DC has grown way past the little po-dunk online game it started out as and the ratios should really be readjusted to show that.

Aw I quite like the little Tetras! Their wings are nicely drawn. I feel kind of sorry that they have been so overlooked due to the gems.

I prefer them! They're much more to my taste. I'm not slagging on the Fire Gems but the Tetras are just prettier to me. I'll definitely be breeding them... with orange Pyralspites perhaps...

Where is everyone getting the names from, like Tetra and Fire Gems? I looked in the Wiki, I saw the new releases in there but I didn't see any names.

Where is everyone getting the names from, like Tetra and Fire Gems? I looked in the Wiki, I saw the new releases in there but I didn't see any names.

TJ's ones grew up, the breed names are on the adults' pages.

I love them all! Just wish the gems were a bit easier to get. I still need 1 green and 1 blue (Thank you to the people who have helped me)

The artists WOW on these dragons (BOTH types) And thank you TJ for the release

edit for spelling grrr

Edited by Merlot

This is way beyond ridiculous - twqo straight days and not a ONE from the Volcano. DC has grown way past the little po-dunk online game it started out as and the ratios should really be readjusted to show that.

I agree. I love seeing new eggs released, but when there are multiples I get serious dread in my stomach over the thought of having to catch them. I wasn't really interested in this release but still. Xenos made me have a panic attack.

Ohhhh, seeing them in lineage view, I like the gem fires a lot better! They look really good in lineage view. ohmy.gif The lighter highlights really pop and pull in colours from other breeds.

The male blue gems are probably my favorite and funny enough they're the only ones not breathing fire. The male red gems are my second fav, but I find the fire breath looks projectile, chameleon-tongue like in most of the sprites and just isn't doing it for me.

I like the overall colors and diversity in poses, but the gems aren't really bowling me over and I'm actually a-okay with that. Means I won't have to live in the Volcano biome for the next year trying to hoard them!

The Tetras are cool and I like them quite a lot! I didn't think red-orange and blue would go together very well, but these guys pull it off and are a nice, simple design that I won't mind grabbing when I see them in the cave. The color combo reminds me of an airplane or bus company, I swear =p

Huh, I'm a little sad I didn't have the room to grab more Tetra dragons now; I love the Fire Gems, don't get me wrong, but like Nine says the simplicity of the Tetra sprite appeals to me. The Fire Gems are a little...idk, cluttered? For my taste. Something about them is just too much for my eye to cope with when I look at them.

I'm still happy I managed to get a pair of each color, with how rare they seem to be that means I won't have to bother with actively hunting to get any more of them.

ETA: This is why multiple-dragon releases frustrate me, if I don't have room to grab at least two of one of the released dragons I'm sometimes stuck with a mateless dragon for a while. And before some of you go off about how I should see it as a challenge or something, my scroll goals keep me nicely challenged. I'm years away from needing anything to add to my challenges with this game.

Edited by silver_chan

Sorry, guys, but I think you're wrong about the egg not dropping, because I've been looking periodically in the Volcano and I've seen two or three in the past hour. Granted, I haven't been fast enough to catch them, but they're there. Now, I don't know why anyone else can't even see them, but they're still dropping and I know that for a fact. Maybe there's a problem with your browsers or something.

aa I just need a red Fire Gem. Gonna try to catch one over the next hour. These dragons are all so gorgeous. <3

Sorry, guys, but I think you're wrong about the egg not dropping, because I've been looking periodically in the Volcano and I've seen two or three in the past hour. Granted, I haven't been fast enough to catch them, but they're there. Now, I don't know why anyone else can't even see them, but they're still dropping and I know that for a fact. Maybe there's a problem with your browsers or something.

I've only seen one in the past few hours, and I've been camping the volcano for a good while, I've seen far more magmas and was even able to catch a chicken and one of those magmas (plan on gifting them). But only one fire gem, and I wasn't fast enough to get it.

Edited by Cecona

Okay, I'm on a faster computer now. *takes deep breath*

Perhaps I shall be able to get one.

Also, I love the idea of the Red gem male smoking a pipe, cannot unsee.

Another congrats and thank you again to all the spriters who helped, these are truly magnificent dergs!

I'm so glad I stocked up on Tetras after my first round of eggs hatched; I'd have been heartbroken with only one of those beauties! Definitely my favorites from this release. That blue and that orange are beautiful together, and that pose is so cute!

I don't DISlike the Fire Gems, but the shading feels a bit harsh to me- makes the details a bit hard for me to distinguish from one another. I do love their gem tone colors, especially the green and blue - we don't really have many other dragons with those shades, so these'll be lovely additions to lineages.

I know I fared a lot better once I switched to the St Patrick skin. The default one reloads perceptibly slower. And forget catching them on mobile - I just can't refresh quickly enough on my phone.

The wiki has now been updated with the adult sprites, names, and descriptions! Hurray!

I'm really liking these dragons, especially the Tetra.

I keep staring at the Tetras. That expression! I just want to play with them. And I really, really like the s1 hatchlings, too.

I've seen several gems pass by in the volcano throughout the day, but with no luck catching them.

At least I have 1 red and 1 green hatchie xd.png I'll just have to try and catch more once the hype calms down...

two hours straight of watching and only one fire gem, I saw like 5 magmas, a chicken, 2 silvers, and at least two other metals. This is ridiculous that the new release is more rare than metals and trios.

Edited by Cecona