TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I'm ambivalent on the matter since now that I have two of each color and they're properly influenced, I won't bother hunting any more if they do turn out to be rare.

I have way too much going on in my life to have time to hunt anything that's 'truly rare'!

This is what I do with my rares, for the exact same reason. All I have is one non-influenced bluish egg right now, but with this site my goal is to have at least one of each breed, ideally, a pair of each would be great if possible, and especially if they have dimorphism... so... Kinda disappointing how hard it is to get even a single crystal-ish egg right now.

I feel the very last line of this just soooooooo much. xd.png

And it's not that I dislike a challenge. In fact I like a challenge, which is part of why I'd like to have at least one of every breed. I just have a lot of challenges of my own in my life, and duties that I need to tend to. And I have to pick my battles. It's enough of a challenge already to try to make time to hunt down the rares I don't have yet, let alone three more.

That said, I could understand it being fun for some if they were rare. But just, it won't be any fun for others. So I'm a bit conflicted on my opinion, though I sorta hope they're not rare, or I could, at the very least at all, get one of each before they end up being impossible to find.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

That feeling when you just knew there will be a release these days and still somehow miss it xd.png *headdesk* I got 2 Bluminas and 2 green veined ones last night but I seem to have no luck regarding the red and blue ones. I barely see one before they are snatched, even at the hourly release, and I have good Internet and I'm on my tablet which should make things easier rolleyes.gif . Ah well, with some luck I'll get some more wink.gif ! Good luck everyone!

Edited by TigersLover

I'd love to, but my eggslots are full I challenged myself to catch breeding pairs of all the colors plus an extra!

it wasn't easy but not everything should be tongue.gif

Go catch your own ya lazy uncommon!

(relax it's a joke)

they're actually not rares, neither are gold wyverns or xenowyrms,

they are all just uncommons in high demand, of course the demand means a lot of breeding so the demand + constant breeding = very uncommon but not rare.

Trios and the joke breeds are the only rares in between.

That's why I said "rare"

I wasn't really calling them rare

Just really uncommon because players hunt them too much

Thanks for the drop to all those who were responsible for it, but severely disappointed by how early the mixing started... Three or four days would have been nice. Thank you... Seems almost impossible to get any now... Ya finally see one, click, and either its already taken or you've mis-clicked...

Good night, All... biggrin.gif

12am cave time-blue

1-red

2-green

3-blue

4-red

5-green

6-blue

7-red

8-green

9-blue

10-red

11-green

12pm cave time-blue

1-red

2-green

3-blue

4-red

5-green

6-blue

7-red

8-green

9-blue

10-red

11-green

I hope it's okay to bump this. I had to hunt it down, so I figured others might appreciate it too.

So I gotta wait till 8 for another chance at a green! Great, I could use a bit more sleep smile.gif

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Well, I was hoping to be there on the hour for the blue drop, but my eggs are so stubborn, it ain't going to happen! Three days 22 and they don't want to hatch. I so want another blue for a pair. - It's going to be a long hour for me...

{snip}

Actually, the lack of variety with true rares is partially why the two options are too hard to get (not everything is black and white), I saw a guy compare it to a vegetable truck of sorts

imagine a vegetable truck, with a few fruits thrown in once in a while, but there are only two kinds of true fruits (the rest are tomatos I guess...just stick with me)

now imagine every new refill almost only adds in vegetables, obviously it's gonna be even harder to find a fruit with each vegetable added,

But then more kids of fruits are added in, all fruits stay equally rare, but getting A fruit is easier then before.

This is why I want new true rares so much, but they don't help the truck theory either, more and more uncommons and the occasional common are added in which makes the true rares go from rare to near impossible, with only 2 kinds of rares/fruit and more and more common/uncommons/vegetables added each month no wonder the two kinds of rares/fruits available are so sought after, we have nothing else to strive for!

And of course the best catchers get them first, the best wins the competition, that's how it works and that's why egg limits exist.

*quotes my bit*

That makes sense. Though for the analogy, it's more like there are 5 trucks filled with vegetables of varying different origins, and in all 5 trucks you can find the rare 2 kinds of true fruit.

Then, a new true fruit is introduced, but only in the Volcanic Produce truck. Now everyone is crowding the volcano truck to get the new fruit, and people are rarely stuff from the other trucks. So, the vegetables sit longer before being tossed out, blocking access to the fruit in the other trucks.

Doesn't change your point though.

Though, one thing that might help to avoid a situation like above is that if new true fruit for every truck were introduced at the same time, forcing people to search through multiple carts at once, but eh.

Now I want dragonfruit. xd.png

=\ Welp, looks like maybe I should give up on trying to catch any crystal eggs for this morning... I'll try again later on and hope maybe I can grab one, maybe.

I wouldn't mind more rares if maybe the flood times for those particular breeds on their release went on a little longer. That's just off the top of my head, though, I'm no expert on this kinda stuff.

I wish good luck to everyone. happy.gif Have a nice morning. and they're still super pretty looking, thank you to all who put them together.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

I wouldn't mind more rares if maybe the flood times for those particular breeds on their release went on a little longer.

I fear things would be even more chaotic if people knew in advance which breeds would be rares (which they would, if rares had a longer initial release than commons). Everyone would want to grab them before they disappeared, even moreso than we do now.

*goes back and reads comments*

Man,a lot of people HATE challenge and effort, that's just how rares work guys, stop expecting floods to practically hand them to us! Hunting is a competition, I know it's been a while but sometimes things won't be as easy as just going to the biome and leisurely grabbing an egg like you're in a henhouse while the chickens are out eating.

its fine to be a little frustrated when you miss but expecting TJ to alter the drops simply because they are hard to get makes NO sense.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect finding new release dragons during a new release... I'm fine with facing a challenge and don't mind sitting down and grinding for eggs (though I hardly enjoy it), but not finding any dragons in an empty Volcano biome can hardly be called a challenge - there's plenty of words for it, but a challenge is not one of them. sad.gif Still, I'm happy at least some people find enough challenge in it and stay optimistic. smile.gif

But I truly do still hope TJ saves this release, because it it weren't for the Bluminas, which fortunately dropped fairly commonly, this release would have been a complete disaster. Definitely one of the most botched ones in recent memory and I've been here a while.

Edited by stagazer_7

Personally I'm all for more true rares but I hope the pretty crystal-ey dragons aren't, because a true rare with alternate colorations that's only available in a single biome would be suffering.

You're one of the spriters, so hopefully this means something! X'D

{Snip}

But I truly do still hope TJ saves this release, because it it weren't for the Bluminas, which fortunately dropped fairly commonly, this release would have been a complete disaster. Definitely one of the most botched ones in recent memory and I've been here a while.

My thing is that people are/were greedy. I have two green eggs, a red, and a blue (which hatched). I did grab more, however, I was graciously giving the ones I already nabbed to people the couldn't get one with all the one hundred people fighting over the eggs in the volcano. Do I like to collect pairs? Yes. Do I love giving out free gifts to people who are discouraged about how they can't a new rare egg? Absolutely! (Don't get me started on how many Aeons I gifted during their release)

I finally caught a green crystal egg and personally, I've enjoyed the challenge =)

Also, I really like all of the cute hatchlings and am excited to see what the adults will look like!

My thing is that people are/were greedy. I have two green eggs, a red, and a blue (which hatched). I did grab more, however, I was graciously giving the ones I already nabbed to people the couldn't get one with all the one hundred people fighting over the eggs in the volcano. Do I like to collect pairs? Yes. Do I love giving out free gifts to people who are discouraged about how they can't a new rare egg? Absolutely! (Don't get me started on how many Aeons I gifted during their release)

I don't kniw... I think it's worrying when in the hourly drop, you only see one egg of the release :S

I don't kniw... I think it's worrying when in the hourly drop, you only see one egg of the release :S

Well, to be fair, you got all these other eggs mixed in and you have to clear the biome out in order for the eggs to appear. I managed to snag another blue one for the male I need

Even with the Aoen I was able to get a pair but this release here now. ..Not one single volcano egg... If I would be able to get one great! I could breed it to collect the other later but so... And when offering new release everyone always want CB gold/siver for new release eggs. Which is sad because not everyone has such CB gold/silvers.

Even with the Aoen I was able to get a pair but this release here now. ..Not one single volcano egg... If I would be able to get one great! I could breed it to collect the other later but so... And when offering new release everyone always want CB gold/siver for new release eggs. Which is sad because not everyone has such CB gold/silvers.

Thank you for telling that wink.gif check your email! ^^

Well I've got no chance now. I've tried for the last hour and half to see a quick flash as they disappear.

It was a second blue that I wanted - another hour of this and with tons of luck I'll be catching my own!

I'm so glad I was able to grab my 2nd green egg to have a male and female pair. I'm not even sure I'll be able to trade for extra crystals. At least it's fairly easy to get Bluminae right now.

We've had new releases before where they get super hard to catch fairly early on. Then it turns out the cave isn't acting correctly, TJ fixes it, and they start dropping frequently. Has anyone asked TJ is this is how these ones should be?

We still have over a day before TJ's babies grow up? I don't think I can wait that long. wacko.giflaugh.gif

My own eggs should be hatching any time now since I used my reds, but they're being stubborn as new dragons usually are.

I haven't seen the faint eggs as well :/