TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

Are the crystal eggs rare or do the players make them "rare"?

It's hard to know this soon after the release. I don't think I see them as much as the faint markings, so they might be uncommon or slightly uncommon, but I think we need more time to know. =o

No, nope, nope, nope, they are not gonna be uncommon, in fact, they are going to be as rare as golds or silvers and the cave will be forever enriched by a new challenge and there will be something new to hunt besides the two options and it will be wonderful and then 10 more actual rares will be added in the next few releases and those releases will all have original and cool designs that all don't rely on shininess to be appealing and will bring balance to the cave with their rareness!

Anyone who says the crystal is uncommon is a liar who hates puppies and kittens, and joy, and good gameplay.

Sock, why do you lie and hate puppies, kittens, joy, and good gameplay?

HAVE YOU NO SOUL?!

>:( are you a DC sith lord who doesn't want balance brought to the cave-force?

>:o I bet you're VAMPIRE DC SITH LORD!

>>>::::OOOOO I bet you're even a PIRATE VAMPIRE DC SITH LORD!

YOU MONSTER!

How does your unbeating, puppy-hating, heart of darkness use the force without a soul?!

Van-ninja-skywalker is coming for your boat right after he finishes snuggling puppies, telling the truth, making rares for the cave and loving joy!

(I hope people realize this is a joke)

Personally I'm all for more true rares but I hope the pretty crystal-ey dragons aren't, because a true rare with alternate colorations that's only available in a single biome would be suffering.

Personally I'm all for more true rares but I hope the pretty crystal-ey dragons aren't, because a true rare with alternate colorations that's only available in a single biome would be suffering.

YA kidding?! That would be AWESOME!

I'm ambivalent on the matter since now that I have two of each color and they're properly influenced, I won't bother hunting any more if they do turn out to be rare. I have way too much going on in my life to have time to hunt anything that's 'truly rare'!

But I would like more rares, if only to knock Golds and Silvers off their perches a little bit.

This is why I'm so grateful I have a gold trophy.

The crystal hatchlings are probably the best s2s I've ever seen on the site!

The detail on their wings! Specially the blue male and green female!

YA kidding?! That would be AWESOME!

I respectfully disagree. I don't think it'd be very fun. A true rare that's got one sprite set, don't care if it's dimorphic or not, and appears in multiple biomes, that I'd find more fun.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think it'd be very fun. A true rare that's got one sprite set, don't care if it's dimorphic or not, and appears in multiple biomes, that I'd find more fun.

Yea but then you get the fun of having three true rares in one that also only drop in the most underappreciated biome of the group!

But I wanna see new true rares of all kinds, maybe even a true rare specific to each biome!

And seeing other users who want rares gives me hope.

"I don't think the new crystals become rare like Gold, Silver. But would be quite high value."-kjym

i'm bad at making more then one quote sooooo this is the best I can do.

That's more of a hope then what I actually think will happen, but I do think golds and silvers need some rivals, it will help to lessen the strain on all rares without having to make any one rare more common and just be plain more fun.

Well considering I haven't seen a CB gold in the cave since I last caught one, I can sympathize with the disinterest in these guys becoming true rares.

It'd be good for trade because it would mean you have another rare to barter with.

But it would be bad for trade because the same people who get all the golds/silvers/etc would be the same people getting the Veins. (aka people with really good internet, great reflexes, AND a large amount of free time to hunt. and bots.)

And it would be worse than hunting for golds or silvers because you only have one biome to choose from instead of all of them, so everyone hunting veins would be focused on that one biome. Difficulty hunting in the Volcano biome will be considerably higher than other biomes because of these guys. Though, the biome may move more due to more focus being on it.

But, anyway, that's just my opinion.

Edit: Though, the idea of a rare per biome is not a bad one. I always like more dragons.

Actually, the lack of variety with true rares is partially why the two options are too hard to get (not everything is black and white), I saw a guy compare it to a vegetable truck of sorts

imagine a vegetable truck, with a few fruits thrown in once in a while, but there are only two kinds of true fruits (the rest are tomatos I guess...just stick with me)

now imagine every new refill almost only adds in vegetables, obviously it's gonna be even harder to find a fruit with each vegetable added,

But then more kids of fruits are added in, all fruits stay equally rare, but getting A fruit is easier then before.

This is why I want new true rares so much, but they don't help the truck theory either, more and more uncommons and the occasional common are added in which makes the true rares go from rare to near impossible, with only 2 kinds of rares/fruit and more and more common/uncommons/vegetables added each month no wonder the two kinds of rares/fruits available are so sought after, we have nothing else to strive for!

And of course the best catchers get them first, the best wins the competition, that's how it works and that's why egg limits exist.

Edited by blockEdragon

I dont see many crystals dropping just 2 at the full hour and I wasnt able to catch even one!

Sigh still not having luck with those crystals they seem to be getting harder to catch. The most they are doing is driving me nuts. Plus, I'm getting sleepy any longer and I think I'm going to fall asleep near the computer. Normally, I have better luck since I normal get warned of the release within a day of it happening.

Part of me is hoping TJ will up the drop rate a bit, even if it's only for a small time... That way the eggs wouldn't be so scares at least for their release. Seems to many are struggling in even getting a single one, yet alone multiple colors or MULTIPLES of any color like if they wanted two reds, maybe two blues, heck even green. Can't forget the green guys too. ;3;

blink.gif Oh my gosh. I missed the drop? Or... What? What in the wide wide world of sports is a goin' on?

Can anyone please let me know what to look for? I keep seeing just the usual eggs in all the biomes. And if I missed out on anything entirely...? unsure.gif It'd be greatly appreciated. <3

They look really pretty, by the way! I hope I can at least get one of each! (Ideally, I usually go for having at least one male and one female of a new release, but it seems like it might be difficult this time around...)

Edited by Loki.Dottir

What colour is dropping now?

Green just started.

Yea but then you get the fun of having three true rares in one that also only drop in the most underappreciated biome of the group!

But I wanna see new true rares of all kinds, maybe even a true rare specific to each biome!

And seeing other users who want rares gives me hope.

"I don't think the new crystals become rare like Gold, Silver. But would be quite high value."-kjym

i'm bad at making more then one quote sooooo this is the best I can do.

That's more of a hope then what I actually think will happen, but I do think golds and silvers need some rivals, it will help to lessen the strain on all rares without having to make any one rare more common and just be plain more fun.

Well considering I haven't seen a CB gold in the cave since I last caught one, I can sympathize with the disinterest in these guys becoming true rares.

It'd be good for trade because it would mean you have another rare to barter with.

But it would be bad for trade because the same people who get all the golds/silvers/etc would be the same people getting the Veins. (aka people with really good internet, great reflexes, AND a large amount of free time to hunt. and bots.)

And it would be worse than hunting for golds or silvers because you only have one biome to choose from instead of all of them, so everyone hunting veins would be focused on that one biome. Difficulty hunting in the Volcano biome will be considerably higher than other biomes because of these guys. Though, the biome may move more due to more focus being on it.

But, anyway, that's just my opinion.

Edit: Though, the idea of a rare per biome is not a bad one. I always like more dragons.

Edited by Shokomon

Can anyone please let me know what to look for? I keep seeing just the usual eggs in all the biomes. And if I missed out on anything entirely...?  unsure.gif It'd be greatly appreciated. <3

Crystal eggs in the volcano: This rough egg has shimmering veins of crystal running across its surface. - there are three colours and the one dropping changes every hour. The schedule is in the wiki.

Blue-ish ones in coast and jungle: This egg has faint markings.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Part of me is hoping TJ will up the drop rate a bit, even if it's only for a small time... That way the eggs wouldn't be so scares at least for their release. Seems to many are struggling in even getting a single one, yet alone multiple colors or MULTIPLES of any color like if they wanted two reds, maybe two blues, heck even green. Can't forget the green guys too. ;3;

I agree. I had never so much trouble. I dont see any new egg beause they vanish bevor the page reloads for me! (slow internet)

Edited by SilverQuetzal

Crystal eggs in the volcano: This rough egg has shimmering veins of crystal running across its surface. - there are three colours and the one dropping changes every hour. The schedule is in the wiki.

Blue-ish ones in coast and jungle: This egg has faint markings.

Thank you so very much! <3 I got one blue-ish one so far.

*goes back and reads comments*

Man,a lot of people HATE challenge and effort, that's just how rares work guys, stop expecting floods to practically hand them to us! Hunting is a competition, I know it's been a while but sometimes things won't be as easy as just going to the biome and leisurely grabbing an egg like you're in a henhouse while the chickens are out eating.

its fine to be a little frustrated when you miss but expecting TJ to alter the drops simply because they are hard to get makes NO sense.

Edited by blockEdragon

*goes back and reads comments*

Man,a lot of people HATE challenge and effort, that's just how rares work guys, stop expecting floods to practically hand them to us! Hunting is a competition, I know it's been a while but sometimes things won't be as easy as just going to the biome and leisurely grabbing an egg like you're in a henhouse while the chickens are out eating.

its fine to be a little frustrated when you miss but expecting TJ to alter the drops simply because they are hard to get makes NO sense.

If you have no problems and want a challenge then go and catch them for us! I would like a pair of each colour please. xd.png

Green just started.

Thank you.

*hunkers down and waits for red*

Just need one more.

If you have no problems and want a challenge then go and catch them for us! I would like a pair of each colour please. xd.png

I'd love to, but my eggslots are full I challenged myself to catch breeding pairs of all the colors plus an extra!

it wasn't easy but not everything should be tongue.gif

Go catch your own ya lazy uncommon!

(relax it's a joke)

I would like them to be "rare" like the Blusangs and Coppers are considered

they're actually not rares, neither are gold wyverns or xenowyrms,

they are all just uncommons in high demand, of course the demand means a lot of breeding so the demand + constant breeding = very uncommon but not rare.

Trios and the joke breeds are the only rares in between.

Edited by blockEdragon