purpledragonclaw

The Congrats Thread, V6

I just caught four CB Graves and a CB Shadow Walker in short succession, and I could not be more thrilled. I never thought I'd have CBs of these old Halloween Dragons, and it's just beautiful knowing that I have two pairs of Graves to play around with over the course of the next year. 

Edit: Oh! And now I've got 4 CB Cavern Lurkers. :o Definitely wasn't expecting that either. 

Edited by Tehya Faye

22 hours ago, Pendragon said:

I just caught my very first CB gold! I've been on the site for years but so far still only have one via trade. And I very nearly missed it, clicking to the next biome - my page just loaded slow enough that I could click on the egg still before the next page loaded. Wild! And very pleased with this Halloween!

Edit: Make that two! And I've seen a few Silvers pass through -- Halloween skewed the ratios, maybe?! I'm wowed!

Wow...that's amazing. The best thing I've seen is a Zyumorph in the desert :blink:

*bounces* I just reached my scroll-goal of Witchlights!! I've never, ever reached 20 of a holiday just the year after it was released. This is so exciting!

I thought I'd only caught one Omen wyrm with a word code, but it turns out that actually I caught two!  ANTic is nice and clear, but I didn't realise zeins was a word - I just grabbed it because it sounded neat in my head and is all lowercase.  ^_^

Managed to trade for 21 Omen Hatchlings (so far), 13 of which are Z coded. I hope to swap the rest for Zs though.

8 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Managed to trade for 21 Omen Hatchlings (so far), 13 of which are Z coded. I hope to swap the rest for Zs though.

Wow! Lucky! 

I just caught my first CB Xeno!!!!  YAY!!! 

Edited by mouse050909

I said it in the Halloween news thread, but may as well say it here too: Managed to reach my scroll-goal for Pumpkins through hunting the AP today. That is *four* Halloween breeds that I've hit scroll-goals with this season!

After a year of sitting on my scroll, never to be bred after the person I traded with lied to me about influencing her, my only 2G Bronze Tinsel finally has a real mate. This is the first of many babies. I've regretted agreeing to that trade for so long. It's so nice to actually be happy about it for a change.

I also traded for another 2 2G Prizes, one of which is from a 2017 Prize. This Halloween has been amazing.

^^ They may not have lied - Influence does have a fail rate - it's really small, but it does happen (I know for sure that it's happened to me at least once). But congrats on finding a mate for her!

3 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

^^ They may not have lied - Influence does have a fail rate - it's really small, but it does happen (I know for sure that it's happened to me at least once). But congrats on finding a mate for her!

This, I think I had it happen twice...? Also, if you're not sure if the other person will correctly influence for you - ask to provide the action log screenshot. c:

bred the first offspring from my new 2nd gen Holidays to the AP (from those that had a mate waiting), I am quite happy about them, so I wanted to share ^^

Gemshard x Witchlight

Ice x Witchlight

also managed to get 3 pairs of  CB Marrows and Pumpkins, and to stock up my CB Lurkers to 3 pairs (from 2) and my CB Shadows also to 3 pairs(from 1)

I currently also have 6 pairs of Omens on my Scroll, if I get another one, I´ll have 7 pairs =) nice Halloween haul ^^

2 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

They refused to give me any proof that they actually did influence her, so I'm not so sure. It wasn't the owner of the CB Prize in the lineage either, even though they told me that they did own him. I didn't really know my way around DC at the time, so oh well. It was partly my fault. Thanks though <3

Got a 3rd-gen shimmer as a hatchie from the AP before Halloween, managed to trade for a mate during, and bred a 4th-gen first try after!

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

They refused to give me any proof that they actually did influence her, so I'm not so sure. It wasn't the owner of the CB Prize in the lineage either, even though they told me that they did own him. I didn't really know my way around DC at the time, so oh well. It was partly my fault. Thanks though <3

I believe you. But eh, at least your baby has a mate now. That's awesome news. Even though stairs are more appealing. :)

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

It wasn't the owner of the CB Prize in the lineage either, even though they told me that they did own him.

Quite a while back, I had someone try to make an IOU with me, using the lineage link to a CB prize that did not belong to them. Ugh.

Just traded for him <3, thankfully, he was ER so I didn't have any trouble with him getting sick or anything as such.

All of my trades worked out. I'm so happy :)

I just got my gold trophy!

I am so, so relieved right now. One of the people who promised CB Omens lost all of them to viewbombing last night, thanks to someone being helpful. I needed those Omens to pay for a 2G from an alt and a 2G Prize. I almost had to give up all of my own CB Omens that I intended to keep. And they just messaged me that they found more! I'll even have a few extras to give away. I've never had such a close call with a trade before :D

OMG, I am so happy right now! I just picked up this, and not only is it unrelated to my own line, it's also going to be MALE! Phew!

Also, I really like Witchlight x female Silver and I managed to find two unrelated 2Gs in the AP who are both going to gender properly.  I daren't believe my luck!  :o

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I may have fewer omens than I intended this year (though I still have enough for my bare minimum scroll goals of "an heir and a spare"), but I have made SO many dream trades this Halloween. I'm going to make so many great checkers!

Thank you to everyone!

Amidst the chaotic hatchie wall, I manage to find an (extremely late minute) CB Shadow Walker! 

Edited by lovecats99

The Tinsel I grabbed out of the AP just after the Halloween wall broke has become a bouncing baby Neglected!  :)