purpledragonclaw

The Congrats Thread, V6

Sadly 6 of these were AutoAbandoned from my scroll, but they're gorgeous. I'm going to see if I can trade for a Witchlight from this combo.

image.png.3e1a4e4793632632731c451c3a9ac512.png

Trying to catch up with my naming.  Finally managed to get all my spotted greenwings named.  Still have a lot of dragons to name, but that was a giant wall of unnamed dragons.

It seems that some things never change. For example, thanks to everyone looking for Halloween dragons, I was able to snag Articu-- I mean, an Ice Dragon egg. :D

I met my scroll-goal for Cavern Lurkers this morning. This means I was able to meet *two* scroll-goals this Halloween season, Graves and Cavern Lurkers, which I really didn't think I'd be able to do.

Phew! Bred all of my Halloweens for this year and just in time for bed. :lol: 

That includes all of my CBs (which, this year, I left to the last minute), all of my lineaged draggies and my messies, which I made sure to breed right at the very end so they'll be low-time enough to allow for a freeze-fest. :) Now I should be prepared to grab as many new CBs as possible without worry, tomorrow, for myself and the Great CB Halloween APing Project.

Edited by lovecats99

The return of previous Halloweens threw a spanner in the works, glad I hadn't planned too much in the way of this year's event! As a result, I was able to organise enough scroll space to catch or trade for eight of each CB Pumpkin and CB Black Marrow dragons. In addition, I found some beautifully paired low time Witchlight eggs and a Desipis in the AP, they were quickly incu-hatched and named.

As a last hurrah for this Halloween's breeding season, I bred 303 eggs to the AP from 106 pairings, making for an average of 2.86 eggs per pair. Most are 2-3G checkers, with some purebreds thrown into the mix. I hope most find homes, it was fun to pair them up with some of the newer dragons.

Last night I managed to make SIXTEEN zombies!  And this made my scroll goals for two-headed western hatchlings.  That is three down, many more to go.

Also, last night, managed to find a CB Grave that was insta-hatchable.

2 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Last night I managed to make SIXTEEN zombies!  And this made my scroll goals for two-headed western hatchlings.  That is three down, many more to go.

Also, last night, managed to find a CB Grave that was insta-hatchable.

16....!  :o I manged one.  Well, so far - I get five kills back later today, here's hoping for a couple more.

6 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

16....!  :o I manged one.  Well, so far - I get five kills back later today, here's hoping for a couple more.

Thanks!  It was 4 adults and 12 hatchlings. This was the most I have ever gotten from a single Halloween.

4 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

Thanks!  It was 4 adults and 12 hatchlings. This was the most I have ever gotten from a single Halloween.

Very nice!  I did manage a couple more, including a Baikala, which I'm grateful for because some people didn't get any.  :o

Just bred a 2G Caligene with the code "gotem" (caps messed) and I really hope whoever picks it up will love it. :wub:

Just finished breeding my various Halloweens to the AP. It took 5 hours to send 490 eggs out into the world.

2/5 zombies turned! One was even a baikala.

So way back before Halloween breeding ever even started, I arranged for my lovely Haunted Bough as the breeds are stunning together, even before you factor in the Spriter's Alt.

And then, unexpectedly, most of the way through the week, I was able to trade for this beautiful dragon - my Tenebrous Moth. She just gendered correctly.

I'm going to be able to breed such lovely 3rd and 4th Gens, and I'm so excited.

I found such amazing and astounding dragons this year, and managed to catch up on all of the caveborns I missed, but I'm just blown away by the above.

Best Halloween ever.

8 hours ago, evilSpectra said:

So way back before Halloween breeding ever even started, I arranged for my lovely Haunted Bough as the breeds are stunning together, even before you factor in the Spriter's Alt.

And then, unexpectedly, most of the way through the week, I was able to trade for this beautiful dragon - my Tenebrous Moth. She just gendered correctly.

I'm going to be able to breed such lovely 3rd and 4th Gens, and I'm so excited.

I found such amazing and astounding dragons this year, and managed to catch up on all of the caveborns I missed, but I'm just blown away by the above.

Best Halloween ever.

I just stopped by to post about the same thing. My Caligene is actually a sibling to yours too XD

Halloween has been amazing this year. I traded for two 2Gs from alts, picked up two CB breeding pairs of each old Halloween breed I missed, got mates for a few of my checkers, and even arranged multiple trades for 2G Prizes, all of which I'll be able to pay off easily. I'm not at all sad about having zero luck with zombies or the raffle. I can't wait to start gifting beautiful babies!

Edited by The Dragoness

Just caught a pair of CB Cavern Lurkers from the AP. :) That means i've reached my scroll goal of 2 breeding pairs of this type of Halloween dragon!

Now all I need is another pair of Marrows, Pumpkins and one Shadow Walker and Witchlight. I don't mind waiting till next year for those, though. :) 

I didn't get my Scroll Goals completely done this year (managed only 1 CB Marrow, thanks to a lovely Gifter!) but I still say THANK YOU ANYWAYS TJ FOR GIVING US A CHANCE TO COMPLETE OUR SCROLLS! I hope the trend continues for Christmas and Valentine's Day as well. =]

Also, as someone who actively participates in the Z Project, I managed to obtain my full 8 of the Halloween 2017 eggs with Z CODES! Happy camper right here. =3

I got at least one of all the halloween dragons i've missed out on since I took a hiatus and some cbs of ones I didn't have cbs for.

Now I just need to wait for them to hatch and the inevitable overwhelming of having to collect ALL the dragons i've missed.

So, between this year and last year's Halloweens I've met my scroll-goal with Cavern Lurkers, Graves, Caligenes, and Shadow Walkers. *And* I've got enough of the others (except possibly the new one this year) that I should be able to reach scroll-goals with the rest next Halloween. If I don't get side-tracked I should be on track to reach scroll-goals with at least 90% of all breeds by 2019. I know that's a long ways away but it really excites me!

I just caught my very first CB gold! I've been on the site for years but so far still only have one via trade. And I very nearly missed it, clicking to the next biome - my page just loaded slow enough that I could click on the egg still before the next page loaded. Wild! And very pleased with this Halloween!

Edit: Make that two! And I've seen a few Silvers pass through -- Halloween skewed the ratios, maybe?! I'm wowed!

Edited by Pendragon