TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Um... just asking, but can you receive an item that you already have?

So, if you have an Ocean Lamp, can you receive another one? Or will you always get an item you haven't received yet?

I'm mainly asking this because I keep thinking I'm getting items that I've already gotten... but I can't be too sure...

Thanks! laugh.gif

Yeah - that's what bothers me. I now seem to have about 260...

Can you get at ALL your inventory ?

Yes, I can get to my whole inventory.

When my inventory began holding up on an item, I did a hard refresh and then used the down arrow to get past the problem area one item at a time (so didn't just press and hold the down arrow). Once they were all loaded, all was well.

Cheers!

C4.

Um... just asking, but can you receive an item that you already have?

So, if you have an Ocean Lamp, can you receive another one? Or will you always get an item you haven't received yet?

I'm mainly asking this because I keep thinking I'm getting items that I've already gotten... but I can't be too sure...

Thanks! laugh.gif

You're supposed to get different items each time smile.gif

Well, it appears I've gotten all the items. My annoyance is that the ice fireplace works better in my living room than the Art Noveau one, but you can't light it.

Next year, if we have a RP like this, could we have a way to teleport back to home please?

Thanks for the amazing coding and neat game! Hope everyone is having a great year so far smile.gif

This, seeing as how I was using the out of bounds to do so after finishing in Ahira each day. but it stopped being clickable three or four days ago. (good thing I didn't actually need it)

And Fuzzbucket, I believe the final count is 290.

Okay, so 290 items. Six minigames - five the first day. Three items for each completed task. If you did all the games for each quest before freeplay, that's 123 items. That's 167 items left to get. That means you have to play 56 more games before getting all the items, getting less than three items the last game you play. (Assuming getting duplicate items has indeed been fixed.)

Did people who finish get less than three items the last time or did I do my math wrong? o.o

~

I've been doing the Patch game, but my internet hasn't been great and the newest mac update messed up firefox, so I was out of commission yesterday. I'm going to end up finishing sometime in the next two days or so (hopefully). Then I have to decide how to decorate, which I'm terrible at. >_<

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

For speed, the sledding seems the fastest. 18 seconds or less. and if you hit refresh as soon as you get your items, it restarts you at the top of the hill instead of by Abe so you don't even need to do the dialog each time.

about every 10 or so runs the controls would glitch and not work, again a refresh back to the top of the worked instead of waiting to run out of time. smile.gif

and agh! maintenance just as get down to needing only 1 more run. /sigh.

Edited by DragonLady86

I have 168 out of 290 items... Ugh! *face plants* this is going to take forever!!

Edited by DragonNeko

I was mostly doing the package delivery. Pearl, Bill & Janus are all a quick sprint to and back. Since Galys was further and right by the sledding challenge, I would drop off her package and then do the sledding challenge before heading back to the post office. I loved when I got like 4 packages for Janus in a row, since he's the nearest.

Okay, so 290 items. Six minigames - five the first day. Three items for each completed task. If you did all the games for each quest before freeplay, that's 123 items. That's 167 items left to get. That means you have to play 56 more games before getting all the items, getting less than three items the last game you play. (Assuming getting duplicate items has indeed been fixed.)

Did people who finish get less than three items the last time or did I do my math wrong? o.o

Well, 290 is a tentative number as there are still some issues with the inventories. Then we've also got to take into account that during the collecting days we have sometimes gotten doubles which have now disappeared, and I recall seeing two items which were identical to two other items with other names, which have since been removed the inventory. The there was the thing about the "toy" items being relabelled as "miscellaneous" , which again resulted in doubles of the same items with different names for a while.

Meaning that unless someone has a complete record of what items they received and when, and what has been edited since, it is pretty difficult to calculate how many items were supposed to be given out.

As much as I'd like to get more furniture, all the tasks are freezing on me now (even after clearing the cache) and the stuff already in my house rotates when I leave and come back. I might try again in the morning, but I think I'm done for now rather than letting myself get frustrated over it.

To those of you that wanted to see, here is an image album of character art and some basic character information.

(I figure Imgur is better to use than Deviantart for this...)

Wow. You have a new follower, birdz. <3

Edited by Booo

I'm not getting anymore furniture, but I'm only counting 289. three times through and I'm not finding whatever I'm supposedly missing. (have them written out on a numbered list.) sigh. so, I don't know if that's the actual number, or if I somehow didn't get one. sad.gif

Well, 290 is a tentative number as there are still some issues with the inventories. Then we've also got to take into account that during the collecting days we have sometimes gotten doubles which have now disappeared, and I recall seeing two items which were identical to two other items with other names, which have since been removed the inventory. The there was the thing about the "toy" items being relabelled as "miscellaneous" , which again resulted in doubles of the same items with different names for a while.

Meaning that unless someone has a complete record of what items they received and when, and what has been edited since, it is pretty difficult to calculate how many items were supposed to be given out.

Yes, a tentative number. A tentative number based on the number that everyone is aiming for right now, assuming no more items are added or removed. The math will never be perfect, anyway, because there were duplication issues and it appears some differently named dupes were deleted but not replaced with the correctly named items(?).

So the point of my question still stands. I was simply wondering if people had gotten less than three items on their last go round. ;3

(Plus, I put the numbers up for anyone else interested, like I was, on about how many times they need to aim for to play minigames.)

Yes, a tentative number. A tentative number based on the number that everyone is aiming for right now, assuming no more items are added or removed. The math will never be perfect, anyway, because there were duplication issues and it appears some differently named dupes were deleted but not replaced with the correctly named items(?).

So the point of my question still stands. I was simply wondering if people had gotten less than three items on their last go round. ;3

(Plus, I put the numbers up for anyone else interested, like I was, on about how many times they need to aim for to play minigames.)

I did not get less than 3 the last time, but I also had the glitch several times where the game froze before I got all three things. (also only ended up with 289) o.O

While I absolutely LOVE the new dragons I'm also EXTREMELY SAD that the game is 100% UNPLAYABLE for me. sad.gifsad.gif

For some reason I have to repeat day 4 quest every time Im refreshing page. Even if I done next days, I still have to start over from day 4 sad.gif

How can I fix this?

How do you know that? I've been helping Mr. Hand and getting items but I've no idea if I got everything I could or not. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Well, as people have been discussing, there are 290, so you could count that. I just waited until I stopped getting items and then check myself with this! ;w;

For some reason I have to repeat day 4 quest every time Im refreshing page. Even if I done next days, I still have to start over from day 4 sad.gif

How can I fix this?

Go into your house; CLEAR YOUR CACHE and do a hard refresh. THEN leave the house again and you should be OK.

Do this EVERY DAY during the quest.

Go into your house; CLEAR YOUR CACHE and do a hard refresh. THEN leave the house again and you should be OK.

Do this EVERY DAY during the quest.

Thank you biggrin.gif

I was mostly doing the package delivery. Pearl, Bill & Janus are all a quick sprint to and back. Since Galys was further and right by the sledding challenge, I would drop off her package and then do the sledding challenge before heading back to the post office. I loved when I got like 4 packages for Janus in a row, since he's the nearest.

My strategy exactly! Except I usually stay and do the sledding three or four times before I go back to the post office and get my reward there. Sledding is fast and easy and I like the music there!

It appears I still don't have everything, so I will probably just keep going until I do. At least it does seem that we have stopped getting duplicates so it doesn't feel so futile. wink.gif

OK - yes; I got only one on my final round (and only one at one point in the game too...) and I have 289.

Not getting any more any more - but my counting through the game will have been off after all the dupes I was getting.

IIRR, whoever it was said 290 did have one unidentified thing that crashed every time she got to it...

ETA and MAY have counted wrong as I was just checking my chart against hers and she has several things repeated.... and even at 289, I seem to be missing a few she has so am going back to my inventory. Sigh....

Edited by fuzzbucket

Ok, I seem to have collected all items now, or at least I'm getting no more rewards.

Hand: Here's something for your trouble.

Me: Oh, thank you for nothing, Hand. rolleyes.gif

It would be nice if we could redecorate our houses even after the event is over. And I'd still like my character to wear something green. smile.gif