TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

I'll be honest, I miss the days of wreath decorating.

I'd rather be doing something different each year. (in terms of decorating and collecting; I'm fine with the extension to the game.)

I like any sort of event where I can customize stuff. The snow castle one was awesome, and so was the cave on Valentine's Day, though on the cave I think I made a few errors that I can't change now.

Boy, I think I delivered a million packages already. PERL's house must be bursting. biggrin.gif

I loved the minigame but doing the same thing over and over again just to collect all the different items is a bit exhausting. Every item is beautifully done, but I would have been fine with there being less of them in total. smile.gif

I appeared to have gotten all the items yesterday but this morning, some of the changes in my house weren't saved anymore, and I have items missing. Going back to the post office and Hand has started handing out items to me again and I know I got these items already yesterday.

And I'd still like my character to wear something green. smile.gif

Same here, just red instead:P I've been wondering why this simple feature was removed for this year - since it was there last year... I was playing red, not blue back then:)

How many items are there? Because I just counted (twice) and got 263 and I'm -still- getting items from the minigames. o.o

Edit - oh, seems theres 290? YAY I'M CLOSE! xd.png

Edited by EscapistLore

I am now officially VERY CONFUSED.

I have 289 items. I am not receiving any more. BUT - I checked all I have against that chart someone posted - and I do not have any of these, though I have everything else she listed - and she says she has 290 - and some of her items show more than once, so...:

Does anyone have these: which would take me up to at least 294, and 295 if the twin bed ISN'T the same as "small"...

Light blue bed (twin) – is it the same as small ?

Light blue chest (large)

Light blue chest small

Light blue chest desk right

Light blue chest left

Light blue drawers small

I have Light Blue Chest (Large) and Light Blue Drawers (small), although Light Blue Drawers (Small) isn't showing a picture in my inventory and is freezing the game when I try to select it.

OK - yes; I got only one on my final round (and only one at one point in the game too...) and I have 289.

Not getting any more any more - but my counting through the game will have been off after all the dupes I was getting.

IIRR, whoever it was said 290 did have one unidentified thing that crashed every time she got to it...

ETA and MAY have counted wrong as I was just checking my chart against hers and she has several things repeated.... and even at 289, I seem to be missing a few she has so am going back to my inventory. Sigh....

Hm - thanks! (I was thinking maybe the game didn't like giving out less than three items and maybe that was part of the cause for the different counts, but I guess not!)

i cant move the pilars in the water temple!

Can you please help me??

Get yourself right up against one; hit "enter" and then push or pull (arrow keys).

Hit enter again when it gets to where you want it.

Rinse and repeat.

Hm - thanks! (I was thinking maybe the game didn't like giving out less than three items and maybe that was part of the cause for the different counts, but I guess not!)

I can confirm that a glitched item which crashes the game exists - I got it relatively early on (I'm still nowhere near having all the items), and it was called undefined when I was told I received it.

I've had a lot of fun playing Valkemarian Tales, but I have to say all the quest repetition does get very, well, repetitive. I get that I don't have to grind for all the items, but I'd find it a bit more fun if I could get them all without investing so much time. Still, great art, cute story, and it was pretty cool to play!

How do I know when I'll have all the items?

How do I know when I'll have all the items?

When you play a game or deliver a package and get nothing in return.

When you play a game or deliver a package and get nothing in return.

Okay, but it feels like I keep getting repeats of stuff I already have but it could be my imagination

I wish I had a 4th room.

I have a living room, my bedroom and a guestroom, but I'd love to have a dining room too. biggrin.gif

I am now officially VERY CONFUSED.

I have 289 items. I am not receiving any more. BUT - I checked all I have against that chart someone posted - and I do not have any of these, though I have everything else she listed - and she says she has 290 - and some of her items show more than once, so...:

Does anyone have these: which would take me up to at least 294, and 295 if the twin bed ISN'T the same as "small"...

Light blue bed (twin) – is it the same as small ?

Light blue chest (large)

Light blue chest small

Light blue chest desk right

Light blue chest left

Light blue drawers small

The twin is the smallest bed of that set, so it should be the same as one labeled small. As to the others, the plain wood items are the same between the light and dark blue sets, so technically you're not missing anything, you just have to use the "dark blue" ones.

Although if you really see "Light blue chest desk right" and "Light blue chest left" in a list, those look like misnamed pieces that might have been later renamed to be proper.

I wish I had a 4th room.

I have a living room, my bedroom and a guestroom, but I'd love to have a dining room too.  biggrin.gif

Same here. I have a living room, a bedroom and an animal room, but I'd also love a library and a second bedroom. biggrin.gif Either that, or I'd like to redecorate some of the other houses in Nulhora - poor Galys could do with a cheerier interior. wink.gif

276! So close to the end! :-D

I love my little house as it is, but I also want to decorate another one in a totally different style -- if only! Mine is cozy and darling and full of cats; yet that Art Nouveau furniture is so gorgeous...it seems a shame not to use it, too!

I *have* received one "undefined" item, no idea what that was -- is it possible that every player receives "undefined" once, which isn't anything item, just to round out the sets of three?

Edited To Add: I should be at 288 right now, so we'll see what happens when I hit 290...

Oooor... I could receive nothing -- guess I'm done at 288?

Edited by Kelkelen

Okay, but it feels like I keep getting repeats of stuff I already have but it could be my imagination

Clear your cache. I was getting loads of repeats until I did - it was fixed a couple of days ago, sock said, but as I'd finished with the temples, I guess I wasn't bothering to be as regular....

The extra named light blue things I saw were in the list someone posted which allegedly shows everything and adds up to 290. But I don't think it does... I have 289, and I am not getting any more.

@ GuardianOfBelief - as you have been told already - YES.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Has anyone figured out a way to move items around that are already placed on rugs, without having to take apart the whole thing first? No matter where I move the cursor it will never recognize anything but the rug. When all I want to actually move is a sofa/chest/chair around on the rug. I like putting things down, to see how it looks/matches, but having to take the whole layer apart each and every time, just to shuffle an item on top is frustrating.

I love the event and items, a great deal, but man is it a chore decorating when all the furniture items I like are at the far end of the inventory. Go in, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scrooooooll, rinse lather repeat. AUGH!! laugh.gifxd.png

And that middle room is messing with my OCD need for things to be centered.

At this point I may just call out and hire an interior decorator. I wonder if Avery or Konai is free ... laugh.giftongue.gifcool.gif

I just now realized that the maze is randomized. Did it twice in a row and it was totally different each time. Interesting.

I keep changing how my house looks. I don't know how I want it to look!