TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Its really amazing. A new egg and this very very amazing game in Valkemaria. I love it. wub.gif

Well, even if there are some glitches and black pictures. If you click the last opinion "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location. Than you will be in your house and for me works the game again.

Made all quests and I´m exciting for tomorrow. smile.gif

Merry christmas for everyone and happy holidays. ^-^

Really happy to see a return of many of the sprites from last year - I love the animated dragons in the game and so it's a delight to see them return. smile.gif And such wonderful continuity! (herk's comment about the kitty notwithstanding, I suppose xd.png)

Seriously. Good job. happy.gif I'm also amongst the people with only very little time for it, but since some people have helpfully been posting tips and directions, I'm all done. Thanks for sharing your findings, everyone!

Man, walking in the game is a pain by phone. I may restrict playing the game to the computer.

For some reason, I remember plying the game was easier last year.

Thank you for this lovely game though!

I don't know...everything. I've gotten outside the house, but then what?

go east until you see a building that has a little sign on it that has the shape of a letter. go inside that building and talk to the post office guy to receive the package for either perl or bill

So, is anyone else scaling roofs? xP

user posted image

Edit: Alhira is lovely, but is it supposed to be so slow? My movement speed (both walking and running) is about half what it was in Nulhora.

Edited by cbussiere

Beautiful new egg -- greens and golds maybe for the new dragon? I am anxious to see. The eggs are very easy to catch right now. I fought lag to get two last night but decided to abandon one and try for one with a z-code. I actually saw one in the coast at 12:27, went to my scroll and abandoned an egg, went back to the coast and it was still sitting there at 12:29!

I can't seem to summon much interest in the new game. I'm sure I will join in because I have participated in all the past events, but I'm completely unfamiliar with this sort of game and struggled last year to get through it and it sounds like a lot of folk are having trouble getting stuck again this year.

Oh, before I forget . . .

user posted image

Wow, TJ's eggs have really low stats, relatively speaking. o_0 *pokes thoughtfully*

I think people are busy with the holiday, honestly. But I am really surprised still. The statsll probably pick up over today and tomorrow though. I hope? xd.png

However, I miss my cat from last year xd.png

I was so happy to get one as a present at the very end of the game - and sad at the same time, because it was the end of the game and I wouldn't get to spend time with it. Now the game returned with an empty house.. no kitty at home anymore. *sob*

I soooo hope it returns somewhen later in the game alot.png ! xd.png

Well, you do get a cat bed for completing one of the Day 1 Quests. And it has a kitty lying on it. Not sure if it's supposed to be the same kitty from last year, but I'm going to think that until proven otherwise

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm enjoying the game, but seem to be missing two reward items. I've done the 5 quests but only have 13 items. I know that after finishing the maze, the game froze while the girl was giving me the reward and I had to refresh...Would that have been why, and is there anything, beyond talking to her again (already tried), I can do?

Can I have the sloppy hider Bords that you guys have? Mine is frustratingly GOOD. I see no tail. I checked behind every building as well as inside them. Ran around in circles. Talked to everyone I saw. Checked behind all the bloody rocks and plants.

NO BORD. TTT_TTT Can I redo this one? Maybe the next randomizedly chosen place would be kinder to me. TT^TT

Join the club can't seem to find my Bord anywhere. Looked in buildings around buildings by orange trees! By the ocean where his parents are. Nothing not hide scale or anything of Bord!

Join the club can't seem to find my Bord anywhere. Looked in buildings around buildings by orange trees! By the ocean where his parents are. Nothing not hide scale or anything of Bord!

Oh wow, I must have just gotten lucky, because he hid only a little off the screen for me. I walked a few steps and there he was!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

The game is really great, and very pretty too. So, there will be more quests each day, I believe?

Hello, guys!

Is there a complete guide somewhere for the quests? I'm working night shifts on the Holidays and I have very little time to play the game but I want to collect all quests. The Wikia gives some tips but it doesn't say where the quests are located. Can someone please tell me so I can complete the day quicker?

At last one of TJ's eggs started cracking!

Going to be interesting, seems like it might be a snow-related dragon, or rime frost.

Really happy to see a return of many of the sprites from last year - I love the animated dragons in the game and so it's a delight to see them return. smile.gif And such wonderful continuity! (herk's comment about the kitty notwithstanding, I suppose xd.png)

Seriously. Good job. happy.gif I'm also amongst the people with only very little time for it, but since some people have helpfully been posting tips and directions, I'm all done. Thanks for sharing your findings, everyone!

I could echo all of that. This is so awesome. I don't know why, but this little game makes me absurdly happy, I love everything about it. I spent some time exploring the maps, discovering so many cool new things, but also meeting old friends and acquaintances - why, even Quilt is still there, happily knitting and getting angry if you try to step on his yarn, lol! And those maps are *huge*! Can't wait for tomorrow and the next bunch of quests. Oh, and I have a feeling we will have another shifting-things-around game, teehee.

So thank you, TJ and everyone involved, for making this happen! I wish we could have chosen a colour for our character's outfit like last year, but apart from that, it's perfect. thumbs_up.png

Well, you do get a cat bed for completing one of the Day 1 Quests. And it has a kitty lying on it. Not sure if it's supposed to be the same kitty from last year, but I'm going to think that until proven otherwise

I didn't get a cat bed, even though I did the cat catching Quest... O.o Did I miss something? Did all 5 Quests and got all the items... I thought. I have 13 furniture things right now....

I didn't get a cat bed, even though I did the cat catching Quest... O.o Did I miss something? Did all 5 Quests and got all the items... I thought. I have 13 furniture things right now....

I din't get a cat bed, either, just a dog plushie. The rewards seem to vary, but I hope we will get all items in the end, just in different order.

I din't get a cat bed, either, just a dog plushie. The rewards seem to vary, but I hope we will get all items in the end, just in different order.

Ahhh.... I got a Bluesang plushie. Maybe that's it, that there are different rewards this year. I do hope that we can manage to get all of them by the end... ^^ I love the house decorating part. smile.gif

Okay, FINALLY finished the game, after it decided I just HAD to do the sledding game again, it's just so much fun after all! Felt like some kind of Twilight Zone time-loop dry.gif Anyway, done that and all the other quests AND get the checkpoint to save to my house. Turns out there was no point, though, because whenever I try to decorate, it freezes the moment I select something dry.gif Hope this gets fixed for tomorrow.

So ...how do you PLACE items?

I click the pen. I click the drawer icon. I select an item using the up and down arrow keys - and now? How do I place the item I selected? None of the usual suspect keys (enter, space, tab, escape, back, left and right arrows) seems to do that. I also cannot get out of edit mode anymore at that point, no matter what I click or do - except F5.

How do I make starter furniture STAY IN THE INVENTORY?

I click the pen.

I move the marker square to the initial furniture, hit space, select "return to inventory" and hit enter.

Every time I click the pen and leave the house, upon returning, it's all back. If I just do F5 (hard or soft) in any stage of decoration, it's back to starter furniture ONLY.

Couldn't this part of the game have been a drag 'n drop thing? *sighs*

Is Bord actually visible on the map? Or do you have to interact with trees and such? He's a sneaky little fellow...

Edit: Also, does resetting really undo your progress? Or will you keep the furniture from quests you've completed? I've gotten stuck, it seems.

Edit again: Resetting does not undo all your progress, and you keep your furniture.

Edited by cbussiere

Is Bord actually visible on the map? Or do you have to interact with trees and such? He's a sneaky little fellow...

I interacted with stuff, and found him behind a tree (it actually looked like I was *in* the tree... ^^;; ).