TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

There is a forum link, too:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9378572

(which is why I didn't make the thread... laugh.gif )

But that list has been shown to have errors...

ETA I have (I THINK - I MAY go count again) 289 items. wiki now lists 287 as "correct as of Jan 3" and at least it does not include the ones I said yesterday I didn't have....

Edited by fuzzbucket

But that list has been shown to have errors...

Yep, missing items, etc, but it was a good start!

I'm not sure if I want to do more to my house.

Check the wiki now - that LOOKS pretty good (yesterday it was DIRE !)

I keep moving things a fraction and regretting it !

Felischia - have you done that old chestnut - clear cache and then hard refresh ?

Yes, tried that too. Just doesn't work for any browser. It's a real downer. sad.gif

But thanks for the help. I'm giving up.

Edited by Felischia

I'm getting a bit fed up with this, I keep trying to collect the cats and I keep getting a black screen afterwards.

I had that trouble yesterday. After I tried all the usual suspects, I shut down the computer and started over. That did help. Good luck.

Meantime I was out of town with no time until the 31st...trying like mad to catch up, though I will never get all the items. Always a first for everything, i suppose. I'm still having fun though.

OK SO (colour me obsessive)

I have checked my list against the one in the wiki, and I have one item they do not -

Black stripe bed (small)

And I still don't have the light blue bed (twin) that someone else listed - though I suspect it may be the same as light blue bed (small).

And I now seem to total 288 instead of 289.... Maybe I had the glitchy one and lost it ?

Anyone else ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have that Black Stripe Bed (Small) as well - the wiki people may have accidentally deleted it when they cleaned up the previously missspelt things (there were some listed as "Blackstipe {thingy}").

They WERE blackstipe originally....

How many do you have ?

I'll be darned if I'm going to count 200+ items to be sure I got everything! I'll leave that to the seriously compulsive.

I stopped getting items, I'm going to assume I've got them all. I am happy with the lot I do have and have no room in my house for more if I want PURPL to be able to navigate around them. laugh.gif

I could wish that some items could be placed on the tables or the beds or didn't take up so much floor space, or could be adjusted so they fit differently into the grid and would actually go against the walls, etc. But those are all minor quibbles.

In general I am quite happy and think that the artists did an amazing job of creating lovely things for us to play with. I hope we will get to see credits at some point.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved making this game for us. Unfortunately I was unable to play it last year. I will admit that at first I didnt think I was going to complete it. However, the first 2-3 days I still did it even with walking everywhere because I didn't know how to run yet! Once I learned how to run I loved it even more. The storyline was so simple yet amazing at the same time. I had so much fun playing this even with the few bugs I ran into which was very minor. The art is amazing. The game itself is amazing. I felt like a kid again playing my NES. So, again, thank you guys sooo very much. I was actually sad when I completed the storyline because I was excited for more hehe!!

Edited by Tearadria

I love it so much I am still out there cat-herding.

After slipping into an eye-glazed sledding coma for the past fifteen minutes, I think I finally have all the items! My last two turns I got two, and then none, so I'm assuming that's it - I can't wait to go finish decorating my house. This has been such a charming event, even with the repetition of the side quests if you wanted to earn all the items (can't help it, slightly OCD completionist over here ;P). I only hope our houses stay editable after the event, that would be wonderful. Thank you to the spriters, writers, and everyone involved! happy.gif

I spent over an hour yesterday delivering packages (and still hadn't gotten all the items). My browser crashed as I was going to bed and I just reloaded it, and the last 3 days are back to not being finished and I've lost all the items I got. I guess I have to do it all over again. Anyone have a faster way to get the rest of the items than packages? I picked it because it was easy to reset it.

Edited by Skyal

I spent over an hour yesterday delivering packages (and still hadn't gotten all the items). My browser crashed as I was going to bed and I just reloaded it, and the last 3 days are back to not being finished and I've lost all the items I got. I guess I have to do it all over again. Anyone have a faster way to get the rest of the items than packages? I picked it because it was easy to reset it.

I alternated between sledding and packages.

Learning how to run helped a lot, too. xd.png

I alternated between sledding and packages.

Learning how to run helped a lot, too. xd.png

That is what worked best for me, too. I would deliver packages until I got one for Galys. Then after I delivered that I took a break and went sledding 3 or 4 times before going back to get my reward from Hand. Running helps a lot, as does realizing that you don't have to follow the paths/streets, but can cut through the snow by the shortest available route!

That is what worked best for me, too. I would deliver packages until I got one for Galys. Then after I delivered that I took a break and went sledding 3 or 4 times before going back to get my reward from Hand. Running helps a lot, as does realizing that you don't have to follow the paths/streets, but can cut through the snow by the shortest available route!

I did start sledding after delivering a package to Galys when I did it before, but I only did it once. And I was already running and not bothering with the paths.Guess I'll add a few more trips sledding and just try to get it done as fast as I can.

I'd enjoy this more if it didn't consistently crash & freeze my phone. With all the animated effects, the game is absolutely unplayable. This will be the first time I've never completed Christmas content. A shame too, been trying for days & just can't get anywhere.

To those of you that wanted to see, here is an image album of character art and some basic character information.

(I figure Imgur is better to use than Deviantart for this...)

All this concept art is absolutely wonderful.

I love learnng more about the Valkemare and our friends who live there.

Thank you to all the artists involved in this event, including, but not limited to spriters, story writers, music composers, and coders. And thank you to all the patch team who work as quick as they can to fix errors.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game!

(Though, the game is much easier to play on the computer than on the phone. Maybe if you do another game next holiday season, you guys can work on modifying the game to be faster on the phone and a little less cumbersome. I had fun though.)

I absolutely LOVE the Thalassians! They give me a Zora feel for some reason.

They're so beaaaauuuutiful!

Bleh, I give up. Getting everything is too tedious, and I have commissions and writing to do.

I liked the story mode and the games/decorating in themselves (that I even tried the grind is evidence of that!), there's just way too much grinding to do for all of it.

Something that occurred to me while appreciating the concept art; are mage robes usually based on dragons associated with a particular element? And are the Thalassians humans mutated by exposure water mana over generations?

Admittedly, I couldn't get through and complete the whole event either. Just got tired of the lag, bugs, and resetting progress. I'm glad the whole thing didn't end up being necessary for a badge or whatnot, but it would've been nice to see the effort that went into the game =p Meh. Maybe next year will be better.

How do you move the forniture?

When you go into you house, you will see a grey pencil like symbol in the top right corner of the screen next to the grey sound symbol.

Click that.

It will take you to the screen that allows you to edit your house.

Once you are in the edit screen, your avatar will disappear and you will see your house with a white box for a cursor in the middle of it.

Now, you can edit your house.

--

If you want to pick out new furniture piece for your house, click the grey drawers next to the grey pencil while you are in you house editing mode.

That will bring up a list of all the furniture you have like below:

user posted image

(This was actually an glitch image, but it works as the example.)

Use the arrow buttons OR the "W"/"S" buttons to select the piece of furniture you want and press the Space Bar/Blue Activation button to put in to your house.

The menu should disappear, and a transparent image of the furniture should appear in the house.

You can move the furniture to wherever you like in the house as long as it doesn't turn red. (If the furniture turns red, you can't place the furniture piece there.)

When you have picked out a spot for the furniture, press the Space Bar/Blue Activation Button again to place the furniture down.

You now have furniture in your house.

--

To move a furniture that has already been place, move the box shaped cursor under the item and click the Space Bar or the Blue Activation Button if you are on the phone.

That should bring up a menu that says something like this:

- Move

- Toggle*

- Return to Inventory

- Cancel

*= Present for only certain Furniture pieces

Use the arrow buttons OR the "W"/"S" buttons to select move and press the Space Bar/Blue Activation button.

That should turn the selected furniture piece transparent and allow you to move the furniture around.

When you are done moving the furniture, press the Space Bar/Blue Activation Button again to place the furniture down.

You have now moved your furniture.

Success!

--

I hope this helps.

How can you repeat side-quests over and over?

The only one that lets me repeat it is the sledding - which I'm getting bored of now :/

I've done Bord/Cats/Delivery but they all tell me to come back tomorrow or offer no further interaction.

I've finished the main story quests and am now playing in 'free-mode'

Am I missing something? smile.gif