The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

@The Dragoness Always such an amazing host, thank you, sent out all my teleport PMs, grab em as you can but I'm going to bed to wake up to go to work to come home at about 9PM EST so ... that gives you some time and I have a few slots open now, thank you for all those who donated, and thank you for all those who enjoyed the gifts from myself and others, and especially a thank you to the newer players! Sometimes we just need people to help win things, especially if you can think of anyone else you think who might enjoy this place. The more the merrier. And sooner or later anyone who tends to stick around also ends up both donating and participating. Even if you don't have the most awesome dragons yet (or think you don't), it is always easy to catch things and hatch things, and let me tell you from experience, those are sometimes the things people get most excited about, so don't think you need to be breeding special prize lines. Or heck, start on a checker of just some common dragons that people aren't doing a lot of yet. Those are always cool. Grabbing a vampire egg is an easy no brainer, and even finding cool stuff from wherever and regifting it. OR really, sometimes you can partner with someone who has a lot of stuff they want to gift, but may not have all the egg space, and you can make a "joint donation" where they breed the egg or whatever special thing, and you provide the space so it can be donated since space is limited. There are so many small creative things you can do - so if you want to donate, please do, just don't think you don't have enough fancy stuff. A lot of people with HUGE scrolls sometimes get most excited about checkers and CB hatchlings. Or whatever find easy and fast to hatch. And never be afraid to hit those gifting threads and ask for a pair of nice dragons that will make a fun nice offspring that people will enjoy. People love breeding and gifting everything, and that even includes a "pair" that can be bred to breed other gifts to pass it on. I know I do it for some of my various pairs. So look around the forums, find some groups, activities, threads, forums, etc. that really seem fun to you and join them. Meet new people, grow your scrolls and PLEASE take advantage of the help offered. We have so much stuff at times and sometimes our only really greatest joy that really makes us overjoyed and still playing comes from giving/gifting and helping others. And if you want to build things up so you can do the same, we are twice as excited to help you! So take that help while you need it, look at some of the previous raffles to get some ideas of even the simplest things people have donated, and if you aren't sure, just ask for some suggestions, or ask if anyone wants to partner up to do a "joint" donation. And if you feel that "offering a slot on your scroll and being willing to teleport it to the winner" isn't a huge thing for many of us who would love to donate more than we seem able - let me tell you it is huge. But if you really feel super inclined, you could also gender and hatch it if you feel you really need it a step further. But most importantly, make sure you are taking time to gather those BSAs, grow your thread, share the information about awesome places like this you find with others you know from the forums, buddies or people you interact with regularly, and join us in making new friends, and have a good time meeting nice people and let us have the enjoyment of giving you something that helps you reach your goal prettier.

Also.... if you have some extra space in your Signature.... consider adding a link to this thread, or other threads you want to support to help "advertise" it to others every time you make a post. Bringing new people and fresh blood here is one of the most awesome things you can every do! Thanks for joining us and never underestimate the power of word of mouth and showing support and encouragement and introducing people like you, newer than you, older than you, or maybe just a bit more shy. A lot of people like to get PMs, they are just too shy to send them. Be Brave. Reach out to people. You are going to meet a lot of cool people that way, especially if you aren't asking for things (unless they tell you that is ok, then ask for things, it will make their day!!) out of nowhere and are letting them know about stuff that is fun and is free and benefits them. I mean, basically, who wouldn't love to know more about this place and other things like it? We hope you found this place because you are involved with the forums and the Community and hope you keep staying involved. If you have a question or need a bit of help or aren't sure how to do something, there are many places to ask. Never let being shy or scared or language barriers stop you from posting. It is a great way to practice, especially if you are shy, as it will be easier and help develop it in a safer place than in the real world. I know many people who are very shy in real life and come here and learn to talk and have good friends, even if it still scares them some. Sometimes we just gotta be brave. You were brave enough to enter a raffle and probably had a pretty good time. I promise it just gets better from here. And if someone is grumpy or goofy, just don't worry about it, because you have a TON more people out there waiting to meet you, talk about your favorite fandom, gift and swap dragons, and so much more! Thanks for coming! And the best, greatest Mistress of Amazing @The Dragoness for making this a place where anyone can come to do all that and more! There has been no raffle that currently exists that goes on and often and regularly as this place, and she deserves more than just credit for kicking it off and being willing to invest the time and effort to keep it going. Send her love and make sure she knows that we could not accomplish nearly as much, especially including encouraging other players to want to follow her example and get more involved with the community in all sorts of ways including kicking off new and old events and projects. I am not sure there are any word enough to express how vital she is, and I hope that you all remember, if you love what she does, not only support it, but don't make her the only game in town. Consider running fun things of your own once in awhile even if they are totally different ideas or something done as a one time only. And make sure she is always taken good care of and always has us helping to promote to bring in people to not only donate, but especially new people to enter and win. If we don't continue to grow the base, then it will just be a repeat of the same thing every time, and she does them too regularly to not make each one magical. Reach out to others. This is too awesome for them not to want to be here. We just need to take that extra time to send a PM, make sure those we know also know about this place, put an advertisement or link in your sig, or if it is really appropriate, bring it up. It may not be in a thread (unless the Player and Activity thread where you can promote anything at any time related to DC just about), but you can talk about it in PMs, chats, discord, or any other way you communicate. Facebook, Twitter, all the Social Medias! Think the GGG could go viral? Well, maybe at least in our own community. Just make sure it is organic and personal. Don't go spamming random people. You can get in trouble for that, and she can get asked by Mods if she encouraged you to do that. And that just gets messy. So be cool and be natural. Just don't be a bot! Be the awesome person you already are and will continue to become!

Edited by Natayah

Woke up to a nice surprise  :D  Also sent out my donation to its new home. Thanks so much for keeping this raffle going! and thanks so much to all donators!

Thank you Natayah for the Soulpeace and thank you Dragoness for the raffle! :)

Thank you, Dragoness, for the awesome raffle. It just gets better and better! And thanks to Alectrona for my beautiful Ultraviolet egg.

I super apologize for not thanking those who donated the prizes I won sooner, I am very very happy and love them! Thank you so mucho! I was up a little too late last night, and only finally just got home. I hoped if I got the teleports out and took the teleports I got before bed, at least that would get stuff in the right direction, thanks for the hatchies and lovely egg!

7 hours ago, Reshiram5875 said:

Thank you, for the floret!! this was my first time entering the raffle!!

I'm glad you won the Floret. if it genders wrong or if it refuses any mate you choose for it, let me know and I can breed you another too. ^_^

Everyone playing various forum games and stopping by to see what the thread is about, you should either bookmark or follow this thread and check in at least once a week to get the next timing to enter free, submit donations OR BOTH. And if you play forum games you probably use the forums in other places. So all those other people in other threads who want to collect nice dragons, grow their SCROLL and/or love or wish to gift and gift more... all they need is 10 adult dragons so if they are on the forums they already do or are very close. If only there was someone to tell them.. 

Unfortunately, I'm unable to host a raffle this week due to IRL complications. Donations for the next raffle will be accepted starting on Wednesday, August 16th at 7:00PM (EST). I'll see all of you then!

Edited by The Dragoness

Is this week’s raffle postponed? I was just checking so I know if I can still donate to the raffle, as it says it is closed. I understand completely if so and am just checking in ^.^

No, it will open today instead. Something came up IRL and I completely forgot about the raffle. I wasn't really online much at all to notice. Sorry, everyone.

You're fine, Dragoness. Things happen which we can't control. it's been similar for me for the past two weeks. You take care of what you need to. We will still be here. :)

That is awesome! I have been breeding lots of various commons to keep the AP with low time, so I still have some lovely lovelies ready to breed. No worries at all, and I've been lazy on updating some event stuff, so - I'll have a reason to do so! If anything, I totally understand needing some real life time. I am mostly excited we got a few Raffles ongoing at various times - it does NOT need to be literally every week. If anything, you are the most ongoing Raffle/Giveaway right now, so I think you deserve all the patience and support you need, so no worries. Also, when Holiday craziness time comes up, we are gonna expect you to take certain weeks up because - we're gonna be doing crazy Holiday stuff too! And expect you to do the same! Besides, there is the Breeding Bonaza Raffle also ongoing, people can at least keep breeding various things to win at the end of the month which also generates low time AP prizes to incuhatch and gift away here. Player events have a way of tying in, even loosely and benefiting each other, so we've got a few going on, and some Holidaykin Breeding Events upcoming too with Jazeki, so there is a lot more going on. So if anyone feels like they are missing some Breeding and Gifting of their own to fill - go do a One time quick raffle of your own in your own thread *OR* just go find some of the other gifting threads to fill some wishlists and/or the tradnitional GLOMP gifting to catch people by surprise for wonderful gifts. And we'll keep our eyes tied here looking forward to help with your Raffles and thank you always for when you can do them. We don't want to burn you out because you do a great thing for the Players and Community and we gotta keep you sane too!

Just bred a lot of pretties for tonight. Though some were also helpful test breedings for some of my halloweens. :D  I'll have some good stuff to donate ya.  :)  

Now Accepting Donations!

This week's theme is fire. Some suggested breeds for donation are:

-Fire Gem

-Spitfire

-Yellow-Crowned

-Red

-Hellfire

-Pyro Xenowyrm

-Magma

-Pyrovar

-Ember

28 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Now Accepting Donations!

This week's theme is fire. Some suggested breeds for donation are:

-Fire Gem

-Spitfire

-Yellow-Crowned

-Red

-Hellfire

-Pyro Xenowyrm

-Magma

-Pyrovar

-Ember

Um...

Donate a Prize

Thank you for your consideration, but I'm not currently accepting donations. Check back soon!

I'm not sure why the form wasn't accepting submissions. It was working when I tested it before posting. Anyway, it should be fixed now.

4 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I'm not sure why the form wasn't accepting submissions. It was working when I tested it before posting. Anyway, it should be fixed now.

Working now! Thanks! :D

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Working now! Thanks! :D

Thanks for the fast update, now time to go update those times and dates and decide what I'm gonna be tossing in. My egg space keeps filling up with things I want and/or need to start breeding to make sure I am getting other things I want, but I think I'm gonna leave a few spots open to follow my own advice and go have some incuhatching fun. Since I don't really have a LOT of dragons that I feel are worthy prizes that also fit the theme (although I have one or two that are the very opposite of the theme), and while I know that Dragoness and the GGG are always open to *ACCEPTING ANYTHING* regardless of this, I still like to take the theme and play with it a bit. And I know with *FIRE* I feel like some of my donations are going to going to make some really *HOT* Prizes and get people *FIRED UP*.... you know what would also help *Fan the Flames* and *Spread this Fire*?? Making sure you are making it a regular habit to invite other people.

I know I harp on this a lot - but we gotta remember to invite people who really can take the best advantage of this thread and really most benefit (and probably the most grateful) for participating, winning, and likely to know more people in their level or so of game and bring them around as well. But I know some of you are like - But I'm a million years old, how the heck do I know *ANYONE* that is really new anymore? I mean, people in the Introduction threads are nice, but they do need to have at least 10 adult dragons, and generally we want them to still be active (although we can't always know). So I'm going to line out some of my skills, and probably repost this as a reference elsewhere as a reminder to people. But I need to remind people - Spamming Others is *AGAINST* Forum rules and can get you a warning, and if you are promoting particular threads, it can get the thread owner in trouble because the mods aren't sure if you are "doing on their behalf or not."

1. The Introduction Thread is a GREAT Place to find people, even if just to welcome them to the game and share a few resources or make a few offers of help to make them feel more comfortable in taking on "The Forums" (they can seem very overwhelming at first!!). But sometimes it is also better to go some pages BACK as those players, if they still have been active, will have grown their scroll enough. Additionally, they probably could still use an offer for help. This is a great place for them to have fun and get help and resources and meet awesome people all in one shot. I still always recommend looking at their posting history, reading their signatures and profiles so you can find out the things they like and personalize your PM. That can include things like pointing out a few places they might find interesting on the forum (not just Gifting/Help threads) and/or extending a hand to answer some questions, give some tips (always recommend upcoming Holiday craziness prep to make it easier) or other offers to breed, catch, whatever a few dragons of their choice (nothing crazy).

2. Gifting Threads, especially some of the ones most frequented by newer to growing players. If you aren't sure which cater more to bronze to silver to newer gold trophy/scroll levels, take a look thru the Trading Thread and they are pretty easy to find. Also WishList and other specialized threads where people can make giant wishlists of anything and everything regardless of impossible it might be can also be very helpful. Again, all the advice on the above, and sometimes it is best to start with actually taking a few minutes to look at their scroll, their posting history, their WishLists and prior & current requests, and send a GLOMP gift or an offer to help in some way. We are seeking to bring players to become even more involved with the Community in places all over the game and our forums, and let them know most of us are awesome people who are kind and caring and love having a good time. This thread is a pretty easy place to suggest people watch, join, sign up and do free entries, follow the thread, share with others, donate now or in the future if they like, etc. as it is ongoing and very simple. So again, all of the above.

3. Don't send out 3000 PMs to various people in a small time frame. Pace yourself so you don't fall into a spamming potential warning trap just because you are overly excited and passionate about this. Limit yourself to a certain number per week. We are making connections with real people, not Human versions of Russian Bots. Be prepared that you may get a response (usually very kind and thankful) and they may take you up on an offer you made. Make sure you are willing to follow through, and/or also where to point them to keep them going and growing as they continue their play.

4. Holiday Craziness is one of the *BEST* times to send out tips and tricks as a lot of players may or may not know what is coming, or only have done it once or twice and every year we just seem to get bigger and better on our various fun from the DC Admins and Artists. But you can always give out advise on playing the game in general. Reminding people to stock pile BSAs, letting them learn about "clean and patterned" lineages earlier on, various sites that have lots of helpful information or helpful hatcheries, or whatever, are always good things to know. Share your wisdom, but remember we are talking to real people involved in the game we love and they may grow to be some of our most awesome fellow donators and Community Involvement People in a short time or longer time as they continue to play. We want to retain as many players as possible, but it is even more exciting if they become engaged. And if people only play casually, that is ok too. We all need time off, to balance work and life, and all know plenty of older players who make reappearances during certain big Holidays and Holiday events. No matter how they want to play, no way is wrong, and it is likely they will grow and discover and change over the months and years. So feel free to share some of the biggest days and dates if they are more casual, and make sure you are always providing information that is not only helpful, but you are remembering we are all people and to personalize the conversation and point them to things that they may find most interesting. Even if it is just an entire Forum or Sub-Forum.

5. If you really like helping younger and growing players, maybe you should consider becoming involved with more ongoing gifting and request filing, create your own niche, or even keep an eye out on when their are openings for DC Mentors. But most importantly is that this is something we do as an ongoing slow build, so we aren't just all spamming the same people with similar sounding pitches to get them to come join these amazing free raffles. I mean - it is hard to say - Who wouldn't know about a totally free and so simple way to win pretty amazing dragons you CHOOSE and is an ongoing thing. But never assume. Some people are very shy, and some people are not native English speakers, or they are just trying the game and it is just not the right time for them and they were about to give it up. So always be respectful.

6. Again, to push this point, it is better to set goals to work on finding and personally inviting a set smaller number group of people as an ongoing way you work on building and creating the Player Community involvement then going on some crazy binge one weekend. We'd rather this be something you enjoy doing. And if you are shy with talking or speaking or interaction, a smaller number over time also helps you to work on that fear or anxiety.

I hope that is helpful. Get ready to do some donations! I'm gonna go follow my own advice and crack some of these Lower AP dragons open to donate because if I've been part of breeding them, I should also be part of gifting them and I have far more hatchling slots than egg slots! Something I highly recommend each time we go round. So let those people who love to breed and gift its time to dust off their dragons and provide a few lovely shinies, and also to invite those who still do not know about this place (unfortunately, the Admins cannot really promote a particular Player Thread - that could be seen as favoritism and their job is to run the game, not run Player Events) so that is *OUR* job. If you enjoy events like this, and would like to see more grow, as a one time thing or something here and there for a Group or Individual or to grow larger where we have multiple player events ongoing like we have in the past, we need people, not just the older ones who remember, but new fresh blood to stay involved. And it is *OUR* job to let our fellow players know about these. If you are not going to personally run an event, in addition to supporting and donating and participating, the *TRUE* best gift you can give is the gift of inviting others to join in. This is one of the most helpful things you can do for the person running and/or coordinating the event. More people generates more excitement generates more gratitude and happy feelings that is the reason that people like @The Dragoness are willing and able to continue to give the time and energy (and it is a lot) to run these things.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help keep these people knowing how much we appreciate them, and helping them grow the reach of what they do without overwhelming them!

Edited by Natayah