TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

They go really, really fast.

Yeah I noticed. I managed to grab just 1 out of like 10 tries. Now I'm locked so I'll wait on the others. I'm happy the Old Pinks, now Arias and the frills got re-released. I never had CB of those two. <3

I wonder that if the bright pink still can breed a pink? Or just bright pink offspring? Can anyone have a try?

I dont wanna lose my bright pink based checker lineages. sad.gif

well chances are if your Aria w/ pink descendants checkers are already complete, they are already based on breeding pinks with their other breed mates, no? So i think they will be unaffected, since pink dragons produce pink dragons. But people who are just starting their pink lineages w/ arias and need 2nd gen pinks from CB Arias, yep, they'll have to settle for 2nd gen Arias from CB Arias now, because i'm pretty sure it'd be strange if Arias produced Pinks now, even if it was a 50/50 chance to produce either tongue.gif pinks are a completely separate breed from Arias now, or at least, that would be logical. Of course I don't know how exactly Aria breeding works yet, but i suspect that it must be so.

I think it's great that we can now make full Aria checkers / other lineages ^u^ The pink from Aria lineages will now just have to stay exclusive to scrolls who already completed any and imo that's a good enough payoff for the return of Arias as un-retired.

Edited by Mlu

well chances are if your Aria w/ pink descendants checkers are already complete, they are already based on breeding pinks with their other breed mates, no? So i think they will be unaffected, since pink dragons produce pink dragons. But people who are just starting their pink lineages w/ arias and need 2nd gen pinks from CB Arias, yep, they'll have to settle for 2nd gen Arias from CB Arias now, because i'm pretty sure it'd be strange if Arias produced Pinks now, even if it was a 50/50 chance to produce either tongue.gif pinks are a completely separate breed from Arias now, or at least, that would be logical. I don't know how it is exactly, now, but i suspect that it must be so.

I think it's great that we can now make full Aria checkers / other lineages ^u^ The pink from Aria lineages will now just have to stay in the past and imo that's a good enough payoff for the return of Arias as un-retired.

I agree, I personally don't care or mind about the current "issue" of no more 2nd gen pinks from all CB Arias. I never even had CB Arias in the first place so I for one am enjoying the fact I can finally collect them and do something lovely with them. <3

Does anyone know how long the drops will last or if this'll be the only time I can get a CB Bright pink or Frill?

Yay, finally got one of each (and two of the Arias)! Good luck to everyone still hunting! smile.gif

I love that drake eggs changed size. It makes it easier to differentiate between eggs in the AP- and the more eggs we get in the future, the more patterns we'll have to remember! Seeing the medium size will help with that smile.gif

Does anyone know how long the drops will last or if this'll be the only time I can get a CB Bright pink or Frill?

No, they're back permanently. No worries.

Do we know if the encyclopedia's been updated to include the new zombie sprites? Not sure if I just haven't observed enough of them or they aren't in yet. ninja.gif

i finally got a frill!

are they gonna be rare?

no protests form here if more rares make it into DC, fruit in a vegetable truck metaphor and all

Do we know if the encyclopedia's been updated to include the new zombie sprites? Not sure if I just haven't observed enough of them or they aren't in yet. ninja.gif

So far it only displays the western variant, the others aren't even included yet as grayed out unlockables

I was actually fast enough to click on a frill, but I found out I was egglocked xd.png Better luck next time.

Are the bright pinks and frills only going to be back for today?

And thanks to TJ and everyone ^-^ This is a pretty awesome way to celebrate

So far it only displays the western variant, the others aren't even included yet as grayed out unlockables

Yeah, I saw that they didn't have shadows, but the alternate nocturne form and the scaleless luminas don't show on their pages until you actually unlock them, so I wasn't sure if the new zombies did the same.

Awesome Update!

Happy Birthday, DC! And thank you to everyone involved.

Now to get a late start on hunting stuff. ^^'

Yeah, I saw that they didn't have shadows, but the alternate nocturne form and the scaleless luminas don't show on their pages until you actually unlock them, so I wasn't sure if the new zombies did the same.

i did wake up to this update only when all of my zombies were already tombstones, now i'm not so sure that it shows only the western variant tongue.gif woops

Are the bright pinks and frills only going to be back for today?

No, they should be permanent. smile.gif

Still no Frill... huh.gif Must be my slow connection.

ETA: Got one, finally!!! Many thanks for that awesome full-hour drop!

Edited by walkinslow

The bloodscale dragons were not updated just to give the male whiskers. They were updated to correct glaring anatomical errors, poor line quality, and poor shading.

Different strokes for different folks.

And they look awesome!

Caught my first ever Aria! I didn't join DC until December of 2010 so I never got a chance to get CB Bright Pink or Frills. So excited! Now that I'm locked, I'll just meander through and see what other dragons I've missed in....oh a year or so... huh.gif

well chances are if your Aria w/ pink descendants checkers are already complete, they are already based on breeding pinks with their other breed mates, no? So i think they will be unaffected, since pink dragons produce pink dragons. But people who are just starting their pink lineages w/ arias and need 2nd gen pinks from CB Arias, yep, they'll have to settle for 2nd gen Arias from CB Arias now, because i'm pretty sure it'd be strange if Arias produced Pinks now, even if it was a 50/50 chance to produce either tongue.gif pinks are a completely separate breed from Arias now, or at least, that would be logical. Of course I don't know how exactly Aria breeding works yet, but i suspect that it must be so.

I think it's great that we can now make full Aria checkers / other lineages ^u^ The pink from Aria lineages will now just have to stay exclusive to scrolls who already completed any and imo that's a good enough payoff for the return of Arias as un-retired.

Thank you for the reply! Actually from my point of view I agree that the two pinks are separated breeds now. While I have some BP based lineage which are already 3~4G and still need some 2Gs to build up. It's uneasy to give them for an OCD, *sign*. And yes, on the other side, I can start those BP perfect checkers now. tongue.gif

Happy Anniversary Dragon Cave!

Oh man, the updates look absolutely beautiful. you guys outdid yourselves!!

FRILLS ARE BACK, BABY!!

This makes me so happy biggrin.gif I might just have to change my Frill's name, since she's always been 'Lonely Beauty'!

Thanks TJ & artists!

Pinks seem to be getting way, way more common, but even though I've seen a few more Frills, they're pretty impossible.

Can't tell if rare, or just too many other eggs in the biome.

Unstable ones I'm actually going through entire drops without seeing one show up.

I do not have old Frills or Bright Pinks so I do not know how to check this. Did the sprites of those change?