TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Got one of each of the new release eggs, along with a Frill and Arias. Really happy about the changes too.

Happy 10th Birthday DC! smile.gif

Well, that was quick. biggrin.gif

Happily locked with one of each. And I'm extremely happy to strike Frills and Old Pinks off my list of "dragons I'll never have"

I do not have old Frills or Bright Pinks so I do not know how to check this. Did the sprites of those change?

They have. All old frills have the news sprites and the all old Bright pinks have become Aria dragons.

I'm so excited to finally have a CB male frill! It was one of the few male dragons I couldn't get to breed my prize with (that and yulebucks, hollies, and other prizes, but I didn't feel so bad about that- frills, on the other hand, I just didn't get before they went away!)

Happy birthday DC. smile.gif Thank you for the things I like, which have always outweighed the things I didn't like.

I think I would be very happy about today's updates (apart from the lineage view, as usual tongue.gif ) - if only the Frills had returned as they were, or with just the update the female got.

[the sad part]

It will take some time for me to get over what happened to the male Frills. I know this sounds inappropriately pathetic for something that happened to some pixels in a game. It's just that I really liked the old sprite's pose and had always made plans what I'd do with it if the Frills ever became available again. (Such as pairing them with female Harvests.) So today I woke up to find the fantastic news that I had been hoping for - and then I looked at my adult Frill and found out that realizing those plans had not finally become possible, but instead impossible forever. That was not a good start of my day.

[/the sad part]

I'm happy I can get some "Old Pinks" now, and maybe I'll even try to get a Zombie this year.

I'm also happy the female Frills don't look very different. (Just like the Holly update that was also very respectful of the old sprite.)

And the biome backgrounds are lovely! smile.gif

Hooray, I was able to abandon my misclick and catch a Desert egg. So now I have at least one of each of the new ones. Can't wait to see them grow up!

wait a minute, wow, that means now there are lineages out there where pink descendants have Aria ancestors! Stuff like that will never be possible again and now such pink lineages are kind of a novelty, aren't they? 8) though i'm not entirely sure if they would be considered interesting. I guess they might? As Arias will presumably never be able to produce pinks again *u*

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BEGbi

tah dah =)

Happy birthday DC. smile.gif Thank you for the things I like, which have always outweighed the things I didn't like.

I think I would be very happy about today's updates (apart from the lineage view, as usual tongue.gif ) - if only the Frills had returned as they were, or with just the update the female got.

[the sad part]

It will take some time for me to get over what happened to the male Frills. I know this sounds inappropriately pathetic for something that happened to some pixels in a game. It's just that I really liked the old sprite's pose and had always made plans what I'd do with it if the Frills ever became available again. (Such as pairing them with female Harvests.) So today I woke up to find the fantastic news that I had been hoping for - and then I looked at my adult Frill and found out that realizing those plans had not finally become possible, but instead impossible forever. That was not a good start of my day.

[/the sad part]

I'm happy I can get some "Old Pinks" now, and maybe I'll even try to get a Zombie this year.

I'm also happy the female Frills don't look very different. (Just like the Holly update that was also very respectful of the old sprite.)

And the biome backgrounds are lovely! smile.gif

I did always warn that males would be changing in the event of a rerelease. They were always meant to be different from the females. I'm sorry that your plans for the female sprite have been dashed, but hopefully you'll find ways to build lines around the new sprites.

Lovely new sprites. And thanks especially to Lyth for giving us such lovely frillies smile.gif

They have. All old frills have the news sprites and the all old Bright pinks have become Aria dragons.

Thank you.

Any chance someone could point me to some adults? Pretty please.

Thank you for the reply! Actually from my point of view I agree that the two pinks are separated breeds now. While I have some BP based lineage which are already 3~4G and still need some 2Gs to build up. It's uneasy to give them for an OCD, *sign*. And yes, on the other side, I can start those BP perfect checkers now. tongue.gif

i tried breeding my Aria with a Holiday dragon to see what they make. Yep, it's another Aria laugh.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/ir0bi

I asked before, but never saw an answer -- Does anyone know if the hatchling sprites have changed?

Thank you.

Any chance someone could point me to some adults? Pretty please.

Sure! Here is my Nocturne girl with a Frill father who also has frilled granddaughters so just click on him and view his progeny to see the girls.

Edited by WaterDroplet

Why did they need to be changed? They looked perfectly fine before...

In sprite art, there are typically different styles. Dithering, aka the speckled/fuzzy look, can be tremendously valuable when dealing with color mixing and portraying form. While cell shading style, the so-called plastic look, is excellent used in small spaces and to be clear when portraying anatomy. Abilities and the trained eye increase with practice and training, and so artists will revise their work as they become better at their work.

I can't speak for Odeen, however her update is excellent as one artist to another. <3

Very excited, lots of awesome eggs for new, special dragons, returning dragons, all sorts of upgrades for just about everything - Thanks so much, this is a fantastic Birthday Celebration! Something for everyone (and lots of somethings for most), unless you are just a Grump~

I'm unable to catch any more eggs today because I'm locked, but a great friend promised me that she'll spare some frills for me! Thank you, darling, you know who you are. wub.gif

Thank you. Pretty, but I think I will miss the derpy-looking old style. wink.gif

How about the Frills?

Never mind. I found the answer in the Help Forum

Edited by purplehaze

Thank you. Pretty, but I think I will miss the derpy-looking old style. wink.gif

How about the Frills?

Yes.

The male and female S2s just have different markings. S1 was shrunk a bit to be smaller than the S2s, as the old one was larger than the new ones.

I also hope that in the upcoming days it will get easier to catch the crystalized eggs because so far I haven't even seen them drop for some reason. blink.gif What are your experiences with them like?