TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

I don't like the bloodscale rework. Their wings are much more "plastic" now, I appreciat the new structure of the wing's bone, but not the shades that make tham more more cartoonish than before.

I wouldn't say I don't like them at all, but to me, the shading doesn't look as rich and deep as before, in spite of the improved bone structure. Oh well.

Ooooh, I just realized that I can breed a mate for this guy now! Man do I have my plate filled with Aria breeding plans ;;

You know, I always wanted a Frill but never cared much that I couldn't get an Old Pink because I didn't like the sprite or the color. But that new sprite is beautiful and now I want a dozen. And a dozen Frills. Love the new sprites for those as well. What I really need is more egg spaces laugh.gif

The only thing I don't love about this release/update is the new lineage view. It just...doesn't look right. I love collecting checkers and they don't look like checkers anymore--that's a major part of the appeal of lineages for me. I'll probably get used to it, but it's the only sour note in the whole endeavor.

Is there any possibility to see the new background artwork in all its glory?

In TJ's first post here, I can already see more of the desert background than I usually get, as the scroll in the middle is smaller in his post, so I'm hoping there's more to the lovely picture than I can see.

Can the full pictures be found and shamelessly admired anywhere? smile.gif

Alpine: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/5.jpg

Coast: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/1.jpg

Desert: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/2.jpg

Forest: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/3.jpg

Jungle: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/4.jpg

Volcano: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/6.jpg

Sorry, had to break the links in one place apiece or the forum parser would break them entirely.

These should help Fly-by-night. :3

Naturally I am on vacation when this happened. I have never hunted eggs on the iPad before, but I got two of the new eggs last night, and got the rest this morning. I caught one bright pink, though no frills.

Ah, just found the end of my action log and it cuts off about 6 months too soon. Last entry is Dec 31, 2011, 08:13 pm, and my first dragon was caught on July 11th, 2011. Next page that I click on gets me the red cross with "Nothing here to see". Phooy, thought it would help fill in for the wordpad info I lost when my old computer bit the dust.

I've bred all my old pinks, and all my frills except the inbred ones, should be fun in the AP in a few days. Surprised that the Arias hatch from new eggs, but the Frills apparently do not(all my eggs looked like the old ones)

Edited after reading the wiki: Oh man! I saw the 'strange' eggs, and thought it was mixing... forgot what the original Frill egg description was. sad.gif Missed out on some CBs. Oh well, butt here are too many eggs released to get a full set of everything anyway.

Edited by Wavelength

Finally managed to catch 1 cb frill today but before, I saw but could never catch (my internet is so slow) but the new layout for lineages is quite... different tongue.gif Nevertheless still by far a very lovely update!

I am literally screaming.

THIS IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME.

I'M OFF TO COLLECT ALL THE DRAGONS!

Actually... am I the only one who suspects that Arias might have dimporphism?? After all, there are only adult females so far in cave and males will only show up after our re-released eggs grow up! tongue.gif We still don't know for sure how adult males look like xd.png

Well, they are definitely influenceable

i always wanted frill dragons and now i can get them yay <3

I find it weird that the old pinks gave us all new pale pink dragons in lineages and now they are back as a different breed. So will the original pinks still give us the pale pinks or will the original pinks now give us Arias? None of any of my bred pinks changed to hot pink, LOL

I'm confused as to whether we have two pink dragons or three now. Will the original pink dragons breed Arias or Pinks? Or even pot luck?

This was truly one lovely update, new dragons are always good and I was missing old pink (Aria) & frilled dragons wink.gif

And congrats for 10th anniversary Dragon Cave, let's hope for more years to come with all these lovely dragons cool.gif

OH MY

WHOOOOOOO I KNEW GOING BACK TODAY WAS A GOOD IDEA

FINALLY I DON'T MISS A RELEASE

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Got a little overexcited, happy birthday!

I find it weird that the old pinks gave us all new pale pink dragons in lineages and now they are back as a different breed. So will the original pinks still give us the pale pinks or will the original pinks now give us Arias? None of any of my bred pinks changed to hot pink, LOL

I'm confused as to whether we have two pink dragons or three now. Will the original pink dragons breed Arias or Pinks? Or even pot luck?

There are no more bright/old pinks. They were updated to arias.

We won't know what all the pinks breed until we do some testing to be sure, but my guess is that new pinks bred from old pinks/arias will now be a cool Easter egg relic.

I bred my one cb aria and got another aria from it.

Wow I've been inactive on Dragcave for over a year. I guess I picked a good time to return?

Anyway, does anyone know if the retired dragons release is limited or if they're here to stay?

Aria/Bright Pink - Jungle => "This bright egg has a warm shell."

Frill - Jungle => "This egg has strange markings on it."

Unstable Pink (2-heads) - Alpine, Volcano => "This dense, crystalline egg seems dangerously unstable."

Mottled Red - Coast, Jungle => "This mottled red egg almost glows from within."

Web Drake - Desert => "A delicate web-like pattern decorates this egg’s shell."

Blue Drake - Jungle => "A few bright markings decorate this egg’s shell."

Quote for new page, in case people still need it.