TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

OH

OHMY

THE FRILLS

THE FRILLS ARE GORGEOUS IM SO HAPPY I HAVE A MALE AND FEMALE OMG

TIme to breeeeed themmmm aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Females and males have different patterning Im in love aeirgnejt

I can get bright pinks now xd.png A once unobtainable being for me lol !!!

a bit of a minor thing, but I really adore the updates to the gilded bloodscale sprites. the whiskers are so cute, and the shading looks so much better - I love the definition it added, it was a bit hard to tell where things began and ended with the older blended shading. I'm also sooo grateful that the Frills and Pinks were brought back <33 I only had one of each on my scroll from before they were retired, I'm quite excited to be able to collect more! and those new hatchlings look amazing, I'm especially excited for that little blue drake. thank you so much for all the updates! happy birthday, DC!

a bit of a minor thing, but I really adore the updates to the gilded bloodscale sprites. the whiskers are so cute, and the shading looks so much better - I love the definition it added, it was a bit hard to tell where things began and ended with the older blended shading. I'm also sooo grateful that the Frills and Pinks were brought back <33 I only had one of each on my scroll from before they were retired, I'm quite excited to be able to collect more! and those new hatchlings look amazing, I'm especially excited for that little blue drake. thank you so much for all the updates! happy birthday, DC!

Wait, Bloodscales got altered?

*looks*

Oooohh cute.

Looks like it's the "go to the jungle everyone" update!

Or perhaps "Welcome to the Jungle." xd.png

Or perhaps "Welcome to the Jungle." xd.png

Jungle: Welcome to the Jungle, have this pink egg I totally didn't steal from the Forest!

Forest: Come baaaack... ;-;

Lovely new sprites. And thanks especially to Lyth for giving us such lovely frillies smile.gif

Gotta second this, although I loved the friendly goofiness of the old ones.

Actually... am I the only one who suspects that Arias might have dimporphism?? After all, there are only adult females so far in cave and males will only show up after our re-released eggs grow up! tongue.gif We still don't know for sure how adult males look like xd.png

Edited by VixenDra

Actually... am I the only one who suspects that Arias might have dimporphism?? After all, there are only adult females so far in cave and males will only show up after our re-released eggs grow up! tongue.gif We still don't know for sure how adult males look like xd.png

You would think, but TJ didn't mention that in the first post which he did mention about the frills. I would find it odd if the Arias do have dimorphism and TJ only mentioned this being added to the Frills.

You would think, but TJ didn't mention that in the first post which he did mention about the frills. I would find it odd if the Arias do have dimorphism and TJ only mentioned this being added to the Frills.

I'm not sure, but I would like to point out that the encyclopedia entry for Frills has been updated with the new sprites while Arias don't have their new entry yet. It's kinda like he's hiding the new males...

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!

The expanded action log is interesting. When I try to click on last page I get a big red X with "Nothing to see here

There are no actions to display. You can only view actions that have occurred in the past 30 days."

Clicking through with the page numbers is slow but I did find something weird.

Incubated with Eollayth Roreng Pavillion. Jul 03, 2012, 08:07 pm

Incubated with Wupup Varg. Jul 03, 2012, 08:07 pm

Incubated with Dukoshin. Jul 03, 2012, 08:03 pm

Incubated with Sir Royal Vaughn. Jul 03, 2012, 08:03 pm

Eollayth Roreng Pavillion and Sir Royal Vaugh are indeed red dragons on my scroll. Dukoshin is my bright breasted wyvern and Wupup Varg is a cb whiptail that belongs to Someone Else and isn't on my scroll. blink.gifblink.gif

Edit: Looking at the log page a bit more, could it be breaking the influence and incubate information into two lines? I see more similar weirdness with influencing. If that is what is going on it's really bloating the list length.

I noticed this, too, on some of my early action pages (from 2012) and I believe that that is exactly what happened. It is showing both the incubator and the incubated in separate lines -- same for influence. I also have some that are showing 0's, which I think must be dragons that are now dead? I haven't gone through enough pages to see when they start showing normally, but the most recent ones have only one entry for influence and incubate.

On the other hand, there are two genders of Frills visible on people's scrolls, and only adult female Pinks, so I suppose that dimorphism's still possible.

This. Is. Awesome. biggrin.gif

ok. i think i got one of each. 2 aria eggs. all the eggs are really pretty but i think my favorite new egg is the crystalline one. i am happily locked. in like 10 minutes.

i like the fact that the drakes have a different sized egg is so nice.

thanks for bringing back the bright pink and frill dragons! i never had any before.

happy birthday DC!

Edited by spring_dragon

So glad that the retired Frill and Old Pink (Arias) have made a comeback. Great surprise that was! biggrin.gif Used to hate seeing them on my Encyclopaedia knowing I never owned any.

Okay, that is adorable. No matter their actual name, I'm calling these Buddy Dragons. biggrin.gif

While I'd be honoured, think it over biggrin.gif . I've got two breeds whose real names I keep having to look up (namely Heartbugs and Flapflaps dry.gif ) because for some reason, a different name stuck.

I really appreciate that frilled and old pink have been re-relased! I'm enjoing new eggs and in-cave art that is amazing I am really liking this DC Birthday and I must say I love, definetly love the fact that a site like this could survive for 10 long years!

I don't like the bloodscale rework. Their wings are much more "plastic" now, I appreciat the new structure of the wing's bone, but not the shades that make tham more more cartoonish than before.

All aboard the hype train! Happy Birthday DC! laugh.gif

Can't wait to see what the adults will look like! biggrin.gif

OK, wild! I wasn't able to get on yesterday because, it was my one's ... 10th birthday! lol

Nice. xd.png

Now I just wish I had room to collect two of each!!!