TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Enjoying the new eggs, classic returns and most of the updates--great birthday release!

I am not a fan of the new lineage display, however. It really messes up the nice pattern of my checkers. The extra space between the dragons just makes it really hard to see the alternating colors/breeds. sad.gif

It messes things up for me too, but I like it in the sense that it looks more like a phenotype lineage now and that's kinda awesome. My inner science nerd is just freaking out.

Does anyone have a full list of the zombie sub types? I am really curious what they all look like :3

Found it in the zombie success stories thread, thank you Moonlightelf

user posted image

alright let's see, we've got

1. Western / DC Drake / Two-Headed Dragons(while loosing a head?) - 2. Traditional Drake

3. Wyvern - 4. Leviathan

5. Eastern - 6. Amphiptere / Lindwurm(?)

Gilded Bloodscale is listed on the wiki as a Eastern but it.. has wings?? Would it use the Western Zombie sprite or the Eastern one? And the same with Radiant Angel but ok that one is definitely more Eastern than Western

what about Lindwurms? which zombie sprite will they have? Not one seems to fit, only perhaps the 6th, for the Amphipteres? Frankly I can ignore the lack of limbs though, mmyep! Also Pygmies using the big sprites for the western / wyverns seems silly but i wouldn't mind if that was a thing! They show up only at night after all and in lineages they would still show up "small", so it's acceptable. Wyrms will likely use the Leviathan sprite which does give them fins but ayyy it's acceptable as well!

It's actually all pretty confusing, as some dragon breeds are quite unique, like the two-headed lindwurm. It's likely the zombie sprite update will still not be able to accommodate all of these unique breeds. But even if they won't i am REALLY digging this decision! biggrin.gif!!! have been wanting this for a while, and for Vampires too, hehe! But always thought the artists would never agree to do it tongue.gif Thank you for your hard work!

Edited by Mlu

Okay. I think I just fainted a bit.

When I registered on DC Old Pinks and Frills had already been retired, so I'M SO INTO THIS RIGHT NAO thumbs_up.pngpoptartFINALTINY.gif

I love this forum community. I got egg-locked without any frills and someone had an extra two and they're giving them both to me. Thank you. Everyone here is so amazing! TTwTT

Hugs for everyone!

Okay. I think I just fainted a bit.

When I registered on DC Old Pinks and Frills had already been retired, so I'M SO INTO THIS RIGHT NAO thumbs_up.pngpoptartFINALTINY.gif

Me too! laugh.gif I literally screamed when I saw the announcement. I scared my boyfriend. He thought something was wrong. I've never gotten so excited over a DC announcement before. xd.png

I BET those 6 adult zombies are NOT ALL yet:) Just look, TJ's post contains a wyrm like Xenos and this set of 6 doesn't have it - I assume we just haven't seen them all yet^^

Hm, I'm also not into the new lineage looks... it's much more difficult to follow

But in general, it's a great bunch of nice and cool new things:)

And I'd just wish for the zombies to show up for much longer periods of time now, they're just way too great now to remaind tombstones most of the time!

And I wish I could make some, I haven't got any yet^^; let's just hope they'll be more doable now

I managed to grab everything but a Frill, but I managed to nab two Arias so I'm happy. Now to use what few Reds I have to incubate my new babies :3

So, I know we haven't seen the adults yet but I wonder what the names are gonna be for the new ones.

Boy for the LIFE of me, I cannot grab a Frill - I've got 6 eggs so can only look for the Strange Markings descrip and always seem to miss them.

I am so relieved that so many people like the background artwork. <3 Now I can relax for a little while. =)

Thank you

Enjoying the new eggs, classic returns and most of the updates--great birthday release!

I am not a fan of the new lineage display, however. It really messes up the nice pattern of my checkers. The extra space between the dragons just makes it really hard to see the alternating colors/breeds. sad.gif

Mayaps we could ask that the spacing between the sprite images be reduced? I don't mind the lines, but there is rather a lot of empty air in between them now. xd.png

Boy for the LIFE of me, I cannot grab a Frill - I've got 6 eggs so can only look for the Strange Markings descrip and always seem to miss them.

Careful, one of my friend's told me while hunting for a frill he caught a Horse dragon instead which has the same description.

Are the older dragons filtering in so soon?

I am so relieved that so many people like the background artwork. <3 Now I can relax for a little while. =)

Thank you

It looks absolutely beautiful! I wish there was a 1920x1080 version so I could put some as my background xd.png

Careful, one of my friend's told me while hunting for a frill he caught a Horse dragon instead which has the same description.

Are the older dragons filtering in so soon?

Heh, yes, I was wondering if there any other 'Strange Markings' eggs for the Jungle. Kinda stinks, but it's just like old times with all the Strange Markings eggs that cause so much frustration. Hope they don't do that any more.

My favourite bg is the Jungle:) Perhaps because the rest feel like I have their bottom parts cut - I have a panoramic screen^^; and the jungle has a properly busy middle:) but all are neat:)

Edited by VixenDra

I hope that next Halloween the kill limit will be gone for a day since it will take me years to get all the Zombies and I want them so much. biggrin.gif

Well, I believe that for hatchies, people just let a bunch die at the appropriate time to try, although adults are, of course, different. But what I think would probably work well (and likely never be implemented, lol,)would be a no-fail rate for that one year, so that all zombie attempts on Halloween would work that one year, rather than many dragons dying for nothing and it working out as no Zombies at all for some people, despite having many tries available.

Then more people would have the Zombies they wanted without having to kill even more dragons than usual. But I dream! xd.png

Thank you

It is stunning! smile.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!!!

I think I managed to get at least one of each.Can't wait until they've hatched and I can grab some more. I even got one with the word CURL as the first four letters of it's code. biggrin.gif

MANY thanks!

Thank you

Thank you for doing them. I think they look great.

Thank you

Nakase, the artwork is amazing! Thank you so much! It's too bad that most of it is hidden in normal use, though.

So many wonderful gifts and updates poptartFINALTINY.gif Thank you very much, TJ and all DC team!

I'm so glad Bright Pink and Frills return, now I can get them too =)

And I really like the new Zombies, they look very realistic and...terrifying

...And whosoever shall be found

Without the soul for getting down

Must stand and face the hounds of hell

And rot inside a corpse's shell...

user posted image

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave wub.gif

And happy hunting to everyone!

Edited by Frankenweenie

Heh, yes, I was wondering if there any other 'Strange Markings' eggs for the Jungle. Kinda stinks, but it's just like old times with all the Strange Markings eggs that cause so much frustration. Hope they don't do that any more.

I was just wondering this too! Hope they fix the descriptions for Frills and Horse Dragons!

Thank you

I love the biome backgrounds! They are gorgeous, Nakase!

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Thank you

Are you kidding? They're beautiful! Just what the biomes needed! happy.gif

Perfect timing! I was just hoping for bright pinks and Frills to make a return! How long will the eggs be dropping for?