TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

alright let's see, we've got

1. Western / DC Drake / Two-Headed Dragons(while loosing a head?) - 2. Traditional Drake

3. Wyvern - 4. Leviathan

5. Eastern - 6. Amphiptere / Lindwurm(?)

Just a bit of clarification. More discussion has been going at zombie success thread.

user posted image

user posted image

1. Western (Red, Albino) - 2. Traditional Drake (Dorsal, Terrae)

3. Wyverns (BBW, Coastal) - 4. Leviathan (Water)

5. Eastern (Silver, Striped River) - 6. Amphiptere (Sunsong)

7. Wyrm (Xenowyrms)

The mentioned 8th one is the Lindwurm, so far haven't seen one.

DC Drakes, Pygmies and Two-Headeds (the restricted breeding groups) will eventually get their own Zombie Sprites, like stated in first post as "Coming Soon™"

Gilded Bloodscales were updated too?

F: user posted image / user posted image

M: user posted image / user posted image

Just look at the male's whiskers, so cute!

Edited by Niyaka

Wait, so old Pinks (Arias) are no longer a female-only breed? It looks like I can influence them, so that must be true...

Edited by PKfreeze

That's something for future generations to complain about: "I will never be able to breed an Aria and get a Pink! I joined too late!" wink.gif

Somehow i feel like those (possible) complaints will never reach the level of intensity of "Too bad Bright Pink and Frilled are retired" ! So the decision to un-retire them far outweighs in pleasing people biggrin.gif If it'll ever cause anything in a somewhat large scale, it'll be confusion from future newbies who will stumble upon those unique pink lineages biggrin.gif like "how is that possible, why can't i replicate that?". Time will tell but i'm sure there won't be much trouble surrounding such lineages.

Edited by Mlu

Happy birthday DC, you old fart. wink.gif To have reached 10 years is an amazing achievement when you consider how many other similar sites have come and gone in that time.

By far my favourite part of this anniversary celebrations is the return of the Old Pinks and Frills. Both dragons I loved, but had just 3 of each.

Just a bit of clarification. More discussion has been going at zombie success thread.

user posted image

user posted image

7. Wyrm (Xenowyrms)

DC Drakes, Pygmies and Two-Headeds (the restricted breeding groups) will eventually get their own Zombie Sprites, like stated in first post as "Coming Soon™"

good gosh golly, that's a lot of good zombie dragons...o.o

i've never gotten even one, just cause on principle i have trouble killing dragons over an uncertainty...plus i try to hoard as many Halloweens as i can for my favorite holiday. but me thinks perhaps this year i might just have to try my hand at getting these zombies...

user posted image / user posted image

Ayup. Males now have long whiskers!

Before

user posted image

Now

user posted image

Are the old Pinks still female only?

I influenced mine. :3

So I suppose not.

Why did they need to be changed? They looked perfectly fine before...

Edited by SyrusAllen

I wish the new eggs and the old returned eggs could drop often enough for everyone to grab after the first batches hatch, there's no way to get them all today!!!

i've never gotten even one, just cause on principle i have trouble killing dragons over an uncertainty...plus i try to hoard as many Halloweens as i can for my favorite holiday. but me thinks perhaps this year i might just have to try my hand at getting these zombies...

You can actually kill the "Zombie Fodder" dragons 2 weeks before the Halloween event, given that is the time when tombstones are visible on scroll. So the slots won't be occupied on the day when you revive on 31st.

Some people even go with route of raising hatchlings and fogging them, getting multiple hatchlings to try and revive on more appropriate date as Zombies.

user posted image

user posted image

7. Wyrm (Xenowyrms)

oh all that sounds so wonderful! Thank you for the clarification ^u^ I'm so happy to hear that there are more than 8 in the works!! Gosh I solute the artists so much! Found the thread you mentioned, time to catch up on all the discussion there! Because this is a wonderful sprite update laugh.gif

You can actually kill the "Zombie Fodder" dragons 2 weeks before the Halloween event, given that is the time when tombstones are visible on scroll. So the slots won't be occupied on the day when you revive on 31st.

Some people even go with route of raising hatchlings and fogging them, getting multiple hatchlings to try and revive on more appropriate date as Zombies.

well guess i'll just have to try it this year then! nothing stopping me except my morals which tell me it's not good to try killing my dragons...tongue.gif

silly me has been out of DC so long, i confused Neglecteds with Zombies and thought i could just be lazy and trade for Zombies, but then i remembered adult's can't be traded and i don't believe frozen hatchies can trade either...xd.png yup i'mma derp.

So which Biome are the frills dropping in? Cause I haven't seen them yet. D=

jungle

Welp. I guess we know what the dead crystalline eggs look like now.

I fell asleep intending to hide it and woke up to it being dead ;-;

Edited by Radiosnacktive

So which Biome are the frills dropping in? Cause I haven't seen them yet. D=

They are only in the jungle.

I wonder that if the bright pink still can breed a pink? Or just bright pink offspring? Can anyone have a try?

I dont wanna lose my bright pink based checker lineages. sad.gif

jungle

Alright thanks. Ive been checking there but haven't found them. Seems so many of the new releases are in the jungle right now. <3'

I also can't see why they were changed so much,

just adding the whiskers would do without turning the shading to look so much cell shaded now... To me the sprites lost depth with that new shading... I'm neutral on the whiskers, if they should have them, nice then now have them, but the shading, well... not a fan of. Okay,t he wings might have a bit better frame and contrast but the shading looks too simple now, without all that blending:P

AND I'm FOR sprite updates normally (I'm NOT anti-every-single-change-of-the-old)... I only ever complained about female Nhilia pygmy update so far (because of the very long legs), and I don't really like the new Bloodscale shading compared to the old one and that's it, all the other updates had my applause. Meh.

But who cares about our disapproval xd.png

Edited by VixenDra

I also can't see why they were changed so much,

just adding the whiskers would do without turning the shading to look so much cell shaded now... To me the sprites lost depth with that new shading... I'm neutral on the whiskers, if they should have them, nice then now have them, but the shading, well... not a fan of.

AND I'm FOR sprite updates normally (I'm NOT anti-every-single-change-of-the-old)... I only ever complained about female Nhilia pygmy update so far (because of the very long legs), and I don't really like the new Bloodscale shading compared to the old one and that's it, all the other updates had my applause. Meh.

But who cares about our disapproval xd.png

I agree. I really enjoyed the more natural looking shading style of the previous version. the only change I like here is the whiskers and the slightly updated wings. But the shading has made these guys a little less appealing to me, though they are still one of my favorites.

Alright thanks. Ive been checking there but haven't found them. Seems so many of the new releases are in the jungle right now. <3'

They go really, really fast.

The bloodscale dragons were not updated just to give the male whiskers. They were updated to correct glaring anatomical errors, poor line quality, and poor shading.

Different strokes for different folks.

Finally caught my first Frill. Took a while lol.

I'm so in love with the new drake eggs! They look adorable on the AP ^^

Edited by WaterDroplet