LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I don't need the shiny charm to get shinies; I think I'm doing pretty good. Got a shiny Rockruff after 61 SOS encounters, a shiny Caterpie after 181 and today I got a shiny Pikipek after 61! I previously had over 600 SOS encounters for Pikipek and gave up so I'm glad I got one much faster.

I'll probably get the shiny charm eventually but right now I'm content with getting them the 'normal' way.

can someone help me evolve my sneasel? i need the razor claw/fang thing

i can give klink, chikorita, cyndaquil, slakoth, honedge and others in return

Edited by CellyBean

Apparently Type: Null isn't shiny-locked; I searched around and a few people got shinies while SRing for IVs. Something to do after I restart my game, then.

Moon has been really nice to me in terms of shinies. Aside from the shellder, I also randomly encountered a shiny sandile and miltank, both of which I managed to catch. If only I had as much luck with pikipek.

Do you need solgaleo for dex completion? That doesn't sound fun.

I have not seen a shiny since Diamond so I'm hoping this game will sort that out. Still, with 700 hours logged in on X and Y, most of that friend safari, and a few thousand eggs via masuda method in ORAS, it may be a while yet.

Do you need solgaleo for dex completion? That doesn't sound fun.

I have not seen a shiny since Diamond so I'm hoping this game will sort that out. Still, with 700 hours logged in on X and Y, most of that friend safari, and a few thousand eggs via masuda method in ORAS, it may be a while yet.

i need solgaleo and a razor claw, metal coat and kings rock to complete the dex. im willing to breed and trade any pokemon for them

Trade-only evolutions just annoy me for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that the other guy can just bugger off without giving it back, or that you need to make social contact with another human being. I'm not sure.

This is why I could never have Alakazam or Gengar on my team.

Edited by Ashywolf

Getting the other box legend isn't that big a deal, since you can get [ your own Cosmog, get it to a level 52 Cosmoem, and trade it to someone with the other game to evolve. If you evolve it into another of your own box legend, you're not screwed either, you can trade it for someone else's spare box legend, have THEM evolve their own Cosmoem. ] Personally, I don't mind trade evolutions too much, I have friends who are also working on the 'Dex so we just swap back and forth with stuff the other person still needs to register all the time.

I'm up to 181/300 for the Alola Dex!

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Alas, trade evolutions are all part of the marketing campaign, so we'll never get rid of them. I'm also incredibly antisocial, but the GTS works pretty well for trade evolutions, at least the one without item requirements. Once though, I put up a boldore in the GTS and asked for a boldore, and got one holding an everstone. What the hell, dude?

My beef with this gen's trade system is that I can (and have, twice) be randomly accosted by people looking to trade whenever I'm connected to the internet, and I can't turn it off because it's the exact same trade system used to trade with friends.

Much easier these days for sure. I had no other friends playing Pokemon in my childhood so I didn't get my first trade-only evolution until the later portion of Gen 4 (Diamond), despite playing since Gen 1.

Edited by Ashywolf

Are we allowed to offer things for trade in Sun/Moon in this thread?

I have a shiny I don't want/need and figure someone else may value it way more than I do. happy.gif

I'm also willing to do any trade evolution swaps for people who need them, if it makes anyone more comfortable with someone from the community helping instead of some random person. I've been playing DC since 2008, so I've been around a while. Feel free to shoot me a message if you need help with anything. I don't have trade evolution items available, though. Sorry!

Edited by keijaidyyn

Well, there's a general trade thread. I'd be up for some shiny trades; somehow I've acquired 3 shinies without the shiny charm, and none of them are of new gen 7 pokemon. Boo.

Thank you for the thread link! The one I got is a shiny Bewear. It's just not something I'm really interested in using.

just got razor claw and metal coat from reddit so if anyone has a dubious disk or kings rock please let me know!

I'm soft reseting for a shiny popplio in pokemon moon. I just want my blonde mermaid ><

I'm usually all for shiny starters but shiny primarina doesn't bode well with me. The blonde hair, sure, but I'm not a fan of the pink and sort of purplish dark blue combination.

*selkie

Yes! Though, it is kinda halfway between a selkie and a mermaid since real selkies are indistinguishable from normal seals when wearing their coats.

just got razor claw and metal coat from reddit so if anyone has a dubious disk or kings rock please let me know!

Dubious Disc is obtained by going back to the Aether Paradise and winning the rematch against faba. :3

And it seems that if you beat Principal Asuka post game you get a King's Rock.

EDIT: Just defeated her and she indeed gives you a King's Rock. She's in her office on the top floor of the pokémon school. You'll first have to beat Black Belt Duane before you can go inside.

Edited by Felixr2

Pokémon Center on the player's birthday:

user posted image

Adorable wub.gif

you cant name a Pokémon Arshi Tengri (a fire god of Mongolian Buddhism) because the system's censorship program is stupid

you cant name a Pokémon Arshi Tengri (a fire god of Mongolian Buddhism) because the system's censorship program is stupid

Even worse is looking for certain Pokemon on the GTS by name because you don't have them in your Dex, but can't because the censorship won't allow it despite the fact IT IS THE POKEMON'S ACTUAL NAME. Woe betide anyone wanting to trade a Froslass or a Weedle to complete their Dex. Granted, this was in X, so they might've fixed that.

Almost got a shiny Litten the other day, but when I went to trade it I got the "Sorry, someone else traded first" message. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Edited by CharonDusk

Dubious Disc is obtained by going back to the Aether Paradise and winning the rematch against faba. :3

EDIT: Just defeated her and she indeed gives you a King's Rock. She's in her office on the top floor of the pokémon school. You'll first have to beat Black Belt Duane before you can go inside.

oh yes thank god so then that means i only need one more kings rock because i need slowking and politoed to complete the dex

I'm glad he gives you the disc, but I've heard that you can get Porygon there as well, but I've look all over that place and cannot find the room they mention. I know it has a Mimikyu in it too which I have yet to find anywhere on that floating island.

There's an interesting theory on youtube that Mimikyu is porygon, or the soul of the porygon that was banned from that one episode.

I'm glad he gives you the disc, but I've heard that you can get Porygon there as well, but I've look all over that place and cannot find the room they mention. I know it has a Mimikyu in it too which I have yet to find anywhere on that floating island.

There's an interesting theory on youtube that Mimikyu is porygon, or the soul of the porygon that was banned from that one episode.

Oh, but you don't get the Porygon in Aether Paradise, but in Aether House, where the ghost type trial captain is often seen, and the girl whose yungoos was stolen by team skull. wink.gif

Oh, but you don't get the Porygon in Aether Paradise, but in Aether House, where the ghost type trial captain is often seen, and the girl whose yungoos was stolen by team skull. wink.gif

Oooooooooh~ Okay. *headdesk* Thanks so much for that. I was starting to drive myself crazy thinking I must be overlooking something. happy.gif;