LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Finally got around to finishing the game, and although I really loved it, I was pretty disappointed with things to do post-game. I feel the past few (lookin' at you, XY and ORAS) have been pretty light in that regard, which makes me kinda sad. :c I mean like, DPPt had contests/underground bases+games/the whole post E4 island with heatran/lots of legends etc and with sun/moon it's UBs and shiny hunting. Battle tree is... there, I guess. Come on Game Freak, if I can finish your games in a couple of days, how am I supposed to avoid working on all the real stuff I should be doing?

//goes back to endlessly restarting and playing Emerald xd.png

Just finished the last of my bred WTs. Mostly got first area stuff, which is to be expected as they were meant for new players anyway, but got a few nice things in there, too; Shiny Gible, Shiny Oricorio, Shiny Wimpod, lvl100 Zygarde and a gold bottle cap. So good karma or good luck? xd.png

Just finished the last of my bred WTs. Mostly got first area stuff, which is to be expected as they were meant for new players anyway, but got a few nice things in there, too; Shiny Gible, Shiny Oricorio, Shiny Wimpod, lvl100 Zygarde and a gold bottle cap. So good karma or good luck? xd.png

Wow that's absolutely insane. I got a rowlett but just 2 boxes of generic low level wild and bred pokemon otherwise...

Edited by Ashywolf

Finally got around to finishing the game, and although I really loved it, I was pretty disappointed with things to do post-game. I feel the past few (lookin' at you, XY and ORAS) have been pretty light in that regard, which makes me kinda sad. :c I mean like, DPPt had contests/underground bases+games/the whole post E4 island with heatran/lots of legends etc and with sun/moon it's UBs and shiny hunting. Battle tree is... there, I guess. Come on Game Freak, if I can finish your games in a couple of days, how am I supposed to avoid working on all the real stuff I should be doing?

//goes back to endlessly restarting and playing Emerald xd.png

lol, very true. After I finished I got bored easily. I haven't started with the UB's yet, but I'm trying to train up some other pokemon besides my main team like the Lapras I caught. Someone on here said catching Lapras was hard and they were right. I spent two days fishing in that spot on Poni Island and not a single one showed up. Mine came to me on the bean isle over on the Pokemon Pelago which was awesome. I tossed some beans into the barrel and kept coming back to pet it and not only did it want to join my team, but I also got an emolga to join me too which was also on my list, so that was some great luck. happy.gif

I got another copy of Alpha Sapphire for Christmas and started a fresh game on that and holy crap was I surprised when I ran into a Shiny Taillow outside of Mr. Briney's house. Caught that thing with one poke ball and didn't even have to hit it once. He's now the strongest pokemon on my team. The best part was (as I was creeping up to it) I was saying "Wouldn't it be great if it were shiny?" I didn't expect it to grant my wish! wub.gif

Did anyone else notice that the weird sound is caused by opening the menu (with X)? I thought it was just a random part of the music but it isn't!

Finally got my last present for Christmas (we weren't able to pick up the package from the apartment office before they closed down for Christmas) and it turned out to be Pokemon Sun! Now I have both Sun and Moon! Now I just need to figure out which starter to choose in Sun.

About to build a team of Keen Eye Sneasels so I can retry Rockruff SOSing. Last time went terribly because of the Rockruffs spamming Sand-Attack -.-

About to build a team of Keen Eye Sneasels so I can retry Rockruff SOSing. Last time went terribly because of the Rockruffs spamming Sand-Attack -.-

I use feint attack when chain battling Rockruffs and Eevees

I finally did it. After 4 failed tries (due to user error where I'd accidentally press the Run button or kill when there was only one left): 5 days, 100+ leppa berries later...

user posted image

YASSSSS!

I finally did it. After 4 failed tries (due to user error where I'd accidentally press the Run button or kill when there was only one left): 5 days, 100+ leppa berries later...

user posted image

YASSSSS!

xd.png Guessing you caught a shiny? Can't really tell since the image is broken and entering as a link doesn't work for me tongue.gif

On my own endeavours, after only 2 hours of my second attempt and 85 encounters in, caught myself a beautiful little Shiny Rockruff wub.gif Since the Lycanroc who was a huge help throughout the game was called Barghest, one of the many regional-variant names for the Black Dog here in the UK, I've called this little girl Skriker, another of the different names. wub.gif

Next up, shiny Vulpix.....once my DS is charged xd.png It literally started to give the low battery warning when this shiny turned up.

Edit; Just been reading some old posts. Still kinda disappointed we didn't get more Alolan variants than we did. I really wanted to see some of the others that were speculated, like Growlithe, Gyarados and Abra.

Edited by CharonDusk

Ah. The sring for the shiny popplio is wearin' me down. I'm bummed because now I'm losing interest in starting altogether. Ugh. No one here would have a spare low level shiny popplio, would they? x)

Ah. The sring for the shiny popplio is wearin' me down. I'm bummed because now I'm losing interest in starting altogether. Ugh. No one here would have a spare low level shiny popplio, would they? x)

i can try to breed one for you using the shiny charm and madusa method

I got Pokemon Sun for Christmas, haven't opened it up yet because I am having trouble deciding which starter to use. I am not a fan of the owl and I DESPISE Incineroar, even though Litten is far and away my favorite.

Should I start with Popplio, or maybe get Litten anyway and just never evolve it past Torracat?

Edited by Odeen

I got Pokemon Sun for Christmas, haven't opened it up yet because I am having trouble deciding which starter to use. I am not a fan of the owl and I DESPISE Incineroar, even though Litten is far and away my favorite.

Should I start with Popplio, or maybe get Litten anyway and just never evolve it past Torracat?

I know several people just kept Torracat. Primarina is an awesome evo though, dominates the Battle Royale when I use it xd.png

Torracat is a good pokemon regardless if you give it an everstone or not. I started with Popplio in Moon and I don't regret it one bit. Evolving into a water/fairy is a big help and a great addition to the team. smile.gif

I'm starting with Rowlet in Sun and so far he's alright, but I'm glad my first starter for these games was Popplio. smile.gif

I kept mine Torracat. Even not fully evolved, she's still rather strong, and I don't miss the Z-Move... I prefer keeping Z-Move usage for my glass cannon Espeon. Or for a pinch, as she does have the Fire crystal. (Her moveset's Bite/Leech Life/Fire Fang/Flamethrower. And yes, this game Leech Life is worth it.)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

user posted image

YASSSSS!

That site requires you to log in to view images. Try imgur.com

Is Nebby the only canon occasion in pokemon history when a pokemon is not regularly kept in a pokeball?

Edited by Ashywolf

Torracat is a good pokemon regardless if you give it an everstone or not. I started with Popplio in Moon and I don't regret it one bit. Evolving into a water/fairy is a big help and a great addition to the team. smile.gif

I'm starting with Rowlet in Sun and so far he's alright, but I'm glad my first starter for these games was Popplio. smile.gif

I hadn't even considered the typing yet. I probably should, since my teams do tend to run heavy on fire types just because they're so good, and I plan on bringing in a mudsdale asap so being weak to fire wouldn't be a deterrent for using Popplio.

I hadn't even considered the typing yet. I probably should, since my teams do tend to run heavy on fire types just because they're so good, and I plan on bringing in a mudsdale asap so being weak to fire wouldn't be a deterrent for using Popplio.

Popplio weak to Fire? Or Mudsdale? Because Popplio is STRONG against Fire. Rowlet is the one who is weak.

Funny, I remember people loving Infernape when that came out.

Actually, almost everyone on battle spot seems to run Incineroar, which is interesting.

I got a female Litten on the first try... but like... litten ends up looking really masculine towards the end evolutions *sighs*

i love male primarinas and female incineroars theyre the best

from everything ive heard incineroar is definitely the best starter competitively. as i said i would i kept my shiny torracat unevolved, and he's pretty good with an eviolite. he's got better speed than incineroar. i gave him swagger, flare blitz, swords dance, and crunch. it's been working pretty well.

Edited by Switch

Funny, I remember people loving Infernape when that came out.

Probably because it was only the second fire-fighting starter and, in all honesty, doesn't have a bad design. But when Emboar came along, that's when people started getting annoyed because it was the third fire-fighting starter in a row and people didn't like the design.bThen we got Delphox, one of my favourite starters, which wasn't fire-fighting but people complained because they didn't like the design.

TBH, it feels like, after the backlash against Emboar and Delphox, GF are just soet-of giving up on the fire starters. Like "We gave them another fire-fighting after the love the last two got, but they hate it. We gave them one that wasn't fire-fighting but they still hated it. Let's give them a non-fire-fighting that LOOKS like a fire-fighting, maybe they'll like thaaaaand nope, they hate that too." They just can't win.

I admit, I don't particularly like Incineroar, but I agree with Switch; I like the image of a female Incineroar because burly woman, and combined with some of the beautiful/hilarious fan art I've seen, that makes me like the design a bit more. And I don't outright hate it like some people, I just think it's a "meh" design but I like the typing, I just constantly feel like it should've been fire-fighting.

Edited by CharonDusk

In Pokemon it seems to be the "personality" that most affects type, rather than looks. Decidueye not being flying, gyarados not being dragon, and so on. Ultimately they do have to pick 2 types. I'm fine with incineroar being dark. There is no reason that something dark can't also fight.

As for the fire-fighting syndrome I don't have much to say since I think as much of fire starters as I have grass starters (which is not much), besides Meganium and Delphox.