LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

One of the things I love from this game:

Guzma.

(And other things but Guzma and his team, they just *shakes fist*)

As much as I find these guys hilarious instead of even remotely threatening, I do admit I've gone from seeing them as annoying insects to having the same fondness for them that you'd have for a small animal. They're far from being my favourite team (Team Magma FTW) but they're quite fun.

I especially like how, after the main plot, you can go around Alola and see the former members trying to improve themselves and do something with their lives, like the girl who Mallow takes in and trains or the two you see with Hau, and even Guzma does (albeit reluctantly xd.png). I have to admit, I'd like to know more about Guzma's past, who this former master he refers to was and what happened to them, and what led to Team Skull being formed.

Managed to get some of the more difficult to obtain Pokemon (the Magby and Elekid lines, and several others who evolve via Trading, like Milotic) thanks to the GTS and WT. Cost me a Zygarde to get the ball rolling, but it was worth it. Still got over 100 Pokemon to go, but we're getting there tongue.gif

Dex hunting is going slow on my end, its mainly getting the stuff you gotta breed for. Also the Abras are probably failed Synchronize attempts, I know the ones I've gotten via WT have either been horrible natures or with Inner Focus.

finished my pokedex last night without even finishing the game

only good thing I've gotten from wonder trade was a hunter and a yungoos named donald trump, the yungoos made me laugh but I really wish the hunter had gone to someone else as I have Min Min a Gengar I raised from Gastly in my team (named after the Min Min Lights of Australia)

Who was the OT for "Donald"? And can you stop link-trade evolution? I know you personally can't since it already evolved, but ...

EDIT - Because that's what I name a lot of mine. I went out and caught a lot JUST to name them Donald Trump. I also named some Mudbray "Hilary" or "Hillary" {I can't remember which}. I was trying to do Hillary Clinton, but even without the space, Clinton wouldn't fit with the first name.

Edited by RicFule

took me a bit to find her, her OT was Exia

as to stoping link-trade evolution I've never tried

also to those having a hard time trading for what they need, Garchomp will get you anything

that's how I finished my pokedex

Edited by InugamiZERO

I'll be breeding some of my rarer Pokemon, too, like my starters, version exclusive and late-game 'mons, now that I've got a Japanese Ditto for Masuda-ing once I get the shiny charm.

Speaking of Dittos, I never realised how useful they are for trade fodder, though I know I shouldn't be surprised. Managed to get a good 10% on my Dex in just an hour from putting Ditto I'd been farming on the GTS.

I used my Dittos for Ditto trades. I just need to go catch some more since I'm still looking for a Chinese version one. I've gotten all the others, I think.

Link trades can't be stopped, last time I checked, just like stone trades. The only way to stop a link-trade-evolution from occurring is to not trade it, don't give it the item it needs or give it an everstone before trading.

While working on my dex, I'm breeding a bunch of Pokemon to WT over Christmas. Hardest one will probably be a box of female Salandit I want to try and do, since I know people have trouble catching them.

I got stuck on the freeway in a standstill for seven hours yesterday because of the ice storms going on in the US.

I had the forethought to have my 3DS with me. I finished my pokedex yesterday xd.png

(And took on several pokemon league challengers, and demolished them haha)

Trying to see if I can even attempt battletree 'cause I want those stamps, but I think I'm going to have to wait out until bank support so I can use some of my better team combos

My experience with wondertrade for the past two games and this game has never been super good. It's like 90% crap (e.g. wingull, caterpie, ratatta, etc). Sometimes you get decent pokemon, and every once in a while you get a really cool pokemon. I got a shiny jirachi (albeit hacked) from that Sleepy Jirachi person.

Link trades can't be stopped, last time I checked, just like stone trades. The only way to stop a link-trade-evolution from occurring is to not trade it, don't give it the item it needs or give it an everstone before trading.

While working on my dex, I'm breeding a bunch of Pokemon to WT over Christmas. Hardest one will probably be a box of female Salandit I want to try and do, since I know people have trouble catching them.

get yourself a Sylveon with cute charm and just catching female Salandits would be a lot easier than breeding

get yourself a Sylveon with cute charm and just catching female Salandits would be a lot easier than breeding

I completely forgot Cute Charm had an outside-of-battle effect xd.png Thanks for that. That way I can do two at once (Breed one and catch the Salandits!)

Are there different trainer card levels/stars in this game? If so, anyone know where I can find the info about unlocking them?

Are there different trainer card levels/stars in this game? If so, anyone know where I can find the info about unlocking them?

My guess would be that the 15 stamps you can gather are the new "stars". I have no idea how to get more than 5... (the 5 you get for beating the main game, one for each Island and the 5th for the league)

Stars are replaced with the stamps in your trainer passport.

Stamps for pokedex completion, island trials, win streaks at battle tree, and getting the final version of pokefinder

Would someone with Moon be willing to help me evolve a certain Pokemon, please? If so, PM me, thank you.

Edit; Huge thank you for the help! <3

Edited by CharonDusk

Pokedex is now at 75%, thanks to GTS, WT and help from Lady_Nightfox with Porygon evos and Lunala. Most of the ones left that I need are ones I can get one way or another, though a few others might take a while to get, like Silvally. And just got a shiny Slowking for a Politoed, so gonna see if I can get an Alolan Shiny for that since I already have one on bank.

Advice for evolving Type: Null (and other pokemon that need happiness max to evolve). Besides the Lomi Lomi massage and soothe bell, you can feed them berries that decrease stats but increase friendliness.

If you use Poke pelago to multiply your berries, you can just feed the 'mon those berries until it no longer says the pokemon got more friendly. Then on your first level up (unless there are other conditions like time of day) the 'mon should evolve.

(list of berries and their effects)

So I'm down to just one zygarde cell to find. I'm having to just use a guide to recheck every spot until I find that sucker. It's pretty tedious. I would have been a lot happier doing this task had this been in a Z version instead of shoehorned into a new gen.

I'm curious. What were some of the reasons for you guys to decide between Sun or Moon? (For those who only have 1 version out of both).

Edited by andromedae

I'm curious. What were some of the reasons for you guys to decide between Sun or Moon? (For those who only have 1 version out of both).

Sun, even though I wanted Moon, because it was the only one in the shop xd.png And even then, I had to go to a completely different town to get it, because everywhere in my town AND in the town closer to it had either run out or hadn't received their stock yet. And I think I got the last copy in the shop I got it from, too. Personally, I quite like the fact it was sold out in so many places, because it shows Pokemon is as popular as ever. I have every intention of picking up a copy of Moon for Christmas, though.

As for why I wanted to get Moon, two reasons mostly. 1) Lunala and 2) I've always started a new generation with the "Blue" version, so I wanted to continue that tradition.

Edited by CharonDusk

It depends on my brother. Every new Pokemon game that has come out (or rereleases) we always got the other version of each other.

He got: Blue (LeafGreen) Silver (Soul Silver), Sapphire (Alpha Sapphire), we skipped Pearl/Diamond and instead went for one Plantinum version, White and White 2, Y, and Sun

Me: Red (FireRed), Gold (Heart Gold), Ruby, (Omega Ruby), again skipped Diamond/Pearl, Black and Black 2, X, and Moon.

So we always traded for the version exclusives

i liked the legendary for moon better

Lunala and I like nightime better than day. But mainly Lunala.

I just got a Shiny level 5 Male Rowlet named Jiro that once had the Pokérus from Wonder Trade

I've been sending out starters all morning and getting nothing but the same crap over and over, so Jiro was a nice surprise

... because it was the only one in the shop ...

I didn't have that problem. I pre-ordered both games AND the hard cover strategy guide and had been paying incrementally on them. By the time they all came out, I only need to pay like $5.99 or so on all three. {Individually, not total.}

I just caught myself a Dragonair in a SOS Battle. So, now I can advance myself closer to the end of the main story. {I was GOING after Dratini, but Dragonair showed up, so I chose that one instead.}

just got a shiny rockruff for free from this really nice guy at pokemonforever and hes also going to give me all three shiny starters! im so happy right now!

and i just the starters!

Edited by CellyBean

The reason why I got Moon was because of the legendary. Solgaleo looks cool, but Lunala? oh-my-gosh what a beautiful and elegant-looking pokemon. wub.gif Plus it's a bat and I like the idea of the time being different where you're playing at night in the game during rl daytime and vice versa at night irl.

The only thing I'm kicking myself over because of choosing moon was that I didn't know Vulpix was version exclusive to Sun. Other than that I don't regret my choice one bit. biggrin.gif

My friend got both though and once he's done playing through Sun he's going to let me borrow it and then I can get my Rowlet starter and my Vulpix and then I'll be happy. Naturally I'll catch another Pikachu too because Alolan Raichu is so amazing! wub.gif