LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Soooooo.....I just got to...the place beyond the Vast Poni Canyon, and I have just one thing to say.

I can take all of the other dark things, the Dex entries, the spooky areas, the disturbing things a few NPCs say....those don't affect me on moRe than an "Okay, that's a little creepy," level because they've been in Pokemon since the beginning. And yet I still view them as kid's games.

I TAKE IT BACK, THIS IS NOT A KID'S GAME ANYMORE! That...thing, the Lusamine x UB is creepy and wrong and just so much NOPE. It looks like something from a horror movie. And even creepier is you just KNOW there's R34 of it out there.

Edit; Beat the game. Gotta say, the "credits" scene is probably my favourite of all the games so far, and I'm looking forward to the post-game stuff to do. Though, what with all the references they've put in, I'd be kinda surprised if we don't see another Blue/Red/Green remake in the not-so-distant future.

We recently got the downloadable virtual console version of them. I didnt get those though, so I'd really like remakes for them - never played any game that took place in the Kanto region. It might be that the pokémon games hinted for the Switch end up being Red/Blue/Green/Yellow remakes. But we also need a gen 4 remakes, especially with thwo of Hawaii's most famous places being Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor. Perhaps we get a new game with access to two regions? I think Red Diamond and Blue Pearl sounds pretty good. However, according to the flawless pokémon world map made by BirdKeeperToby, which includes all 7 main series regions, as well as the pokémon ranger, Colosseum and xd.png Gale of Darkness regions and even microscopic side games like pokémon ranch, Sinnoh and Kanto are not directly connected, Jotho is in between them. However, make a harbor in Sunyshore City, add a harbor town in the north of Kanto, and you can allow quick travel by boat whilst still making sense with the only map that doesn't contradict any in-game information.

EDIT: Just realized "Red Diamond" works pretty well with the Primal Dialga we've seen before. Sure, that was a mistranslation, but it's still the official name.

Edited by Felixr2

Soooooo.....I just got to...the place beyond the Vast Poni Canyon, and I have just one thing to say.

I can take all of the other dark things, the Dex entries, the spooky areas, the disturbing things a few NPCs say....those don't affect me on moRe than an "Okay, that's a little creepy," level because they've been in Pokemon since the beginning. And yet I still view them as kid's games.

I TAKE IT BACK, THIS IS NOT A KID'S GAME ANYMORE! That...thing, the Lusamine x UB is creepy and wrong and just so much NOPE. It looks like something from a horror movie. And even creepier is you just KNOW there's R34 of it out there.

Edit; Beat the game. Gotta say, the "credits" scene is probably my favourite of all the games so far, and I'm looking forward to the post-game stuff to do. Though, what with all the references they've put in, I'd be kinda surprised if we don't see another Blue/Red/Green remake in the not-so-distant future.

ikr? I knew she was off her rocker when you first fight her. Especially with her 'collection' *shudder* but then that had to happen? I don't easily get freaked out with pokemon games, but that took the cake. I remember saying, "Wtf did I just get myself into?" That battle was a good one, though I was slightly overleveled.

Right now I'm just working on my dex. I got a friend who traded me a Litten egg so I've got this lil' cutie to train with my male pikachu and cubone. I can't decided whether naming cubone "I Has Fiya" was either dumb or clever, but I like it. biggrin.gif

Oh man I forgot about the collection.

It was really sad when I went back to the lab expecting them to all be thawed out and fine and they were like, yah we're still trying to figure out how to do that. I was like, Gamefreak what??

But when you stop and think about Lusamine

and how she froze her pokemon, it's kind of tragic thinking about the why. Lusamine lost her husband into a wormhole. She had to see the person she loved be ripped from her and even if she's aware that he's on Poke pelago, he obviously has no memories left of her, which is almost worse than losing them altogether IMO. In that grief she must have thought it was solid (heh) reasoning to freeze her pokemon to keep them from being lost too.

As someone who has experienced grief, I can kind of relate to her. I mean, you do lots of stupid things when you're grieving. Provided, most of us don't freeze our pets solid, and go on a hellbent rampage using an alien being and all.

I dunno, I think pre-postgame I thought she was nuts, but then once you start getting her backstory and a little insight as to the "why" you start feeling slightly bad for her

P.S. Magearna is now available. Indefinitely thanks to the QR code

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/magearna/

Which, QR code events is seriously the best thing GameFreak has ever done. No wi-fi is required (as far as I know), and no stupid codes that you have to go to the store for.

Very pleased with how quick and easy it was to get magearna!

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Anybody got a destiny knot...? I'm trying to breed and chain for Pokemon with good IVs, but it's pretty hard to do it without any BP to buy equipment and I'm finding the battle tree ridiculously difficult.

I did get a shiny shellder, though!! I was really surprised, since I was only 30-something Pokemon in the chain when its shiny gold shell popped up. 4IV, too.

Anybody got a destiny knot...? I'm trying to breed and chain for Pokemon with good IVs, but it's pretty hard to do it without any BP to buy equipment and I'm finding the battle tree ridiculously difficult.

Ack I worried about the battle tree being tough (was going to go for that after I finish my 'dex).

All the megastones seem to be tied to BP from that....

(As a completionist, I need the megastones for completion sake, and for the extra 'dex entries)

On sidenote, I finally got some decent things from wondertrade instead of wingulls and pikapeks haha. Got me a Rowlet, a Popplio, and Jangmo-o (even though I have the final evo raised up from Jangmo-o, if I ever try to do a living dex then I have the little guy).

I've been only sending out "Decent" pokemon to try and help make someone's day. The only pikapeks I've sent out are the ones that visit me on pelago and are like level 50.

It's amazing how people will just send out the same pokemon, and that poor pokemon ends up in an infinite wonder trade loop. Until I get them and release them...

I think now that I have the other two starters, once I evolve them up and then evolve Null, I actually have recorded all of the new Alola pokemon not including the new forms (which I'm just missing persian)

Once pokemon bank is made compatible (January I heard?) then I just have to do some breeding once I move everything over to have a complete national dex again.

I wonder what will happen with the Megas...will they eventually become available? Will this be a mega-free gen? I'm concerned.

I wonder what will happen with the Megas...will they eventually become available? Will this be a mega-free gen? I'm concerned.

You can get a lot of mega stones from the shop at the battle tree. You get a keystone and one mega stone if you go to the right place on poni Island after beating the league. The other megas will later come available - probably.

You can get a lot of mega stones from the shop at the battle tree. You get a keystone and one mega stone if you go to the right place on poni Island after beating the league. The other megas will later come available - probably.

I've heard that mega diancie isn't even programmed into the game, so I think we might be out of luck D= I guess there's a chance they'll release a downloadable patch, but they didn't do that for XY to make it backwards compatible with the ORAS megas, so I doubt that'll happen.

It looks like some IVs still carry over even without a destiny knot, so I'm just EVing a cloyster now and hoping I can rack up enough BP without a focus sash to buy one.

no they are available you just have to be good at battle tree

That's what I said. sleep.gif And you do know that's not all of the mega stones, right? There are quite some that aren't available.

Hm. I think if all the megas and mega stones aren't available I will probably hold off on transferring my pokemon :\ there's no sense in transferring them otherwise, and I don't want to bother with the battle tree nonsense to get the stones.

Edited by Infinis

All the megastones definitely aren't accessible in the game (and the ones that are in are primarily locked behind battle points).

But I think all the megas are in the game code because of the pokedex entries that have been found for their megas, not sure about diancie though.

I feel like GameFreak decided they didn't like megas but realized they couldn't retcon them now that they exist or something.

All the megastones definitely aren't accessible in the game (and the ones that are in are primarily locked behind battle points).

But I think all the megas are in the game code because of the pokedex entries that have been found for their megas, not sure about diancie though.

I feel like GameFreak decided they didn't like megas but realized they couldn't retcon them now that they exist or something.

I think they just didn't think megas would really make sense with their vision of what Alola is and, mostly, that having access to both megas and z-moves in the game itself - be it in the story or the postgame - would be a bit too much, so they went with locking megas behind battle points and making them exclusive for the postgame, to be able to let everyone enjoy the new mechanic easily, but still giving competitive players the possibility to get megas.

Currently the only two megas that can be obtained in Sun and Moon without battle points are Alakazam and Rayquaza, the latter one because it doesn't need a mega stone. I was very relieved to read that they made it so that a Rayquaza holding a Z-Crystal won't be able to mega-evolve, even if it knows Dragon Ascent. However, since Rayquaza isn't obtainable in Sun and Moon, that leaves the only mega you can get without BP being Alakazam.

Well and although technically not megas (but they totally are), the red orb and blue orb needed for primal reversion of Groudon and Kyogre are in the game too.

I feel like they probably could have implemented a feature that you can only use one Z-move per battle OR one mega evolution per battle. Like, if you use your one Z-move per battle as normal, you can't mega evolve in that same battle. Or if you mega evolve in the single battle, you can't use your z-move. Probably would work it out mechanics-wise.

Well and although technically not megas (but they totally are), the red orb and blue orb needed for primal reversion of Groudon and Kyogre are in the game too.

I feel like they probably could have implemented a feature that you can only use one Z-move per battle OR one mega evolution per battle. Like, if you use your one Z-move per battle as normal, you can't mega evolve in that same battle. Or if you mega evolve in the single battle, you can't use your z-move. Probably would work it out mechanics-wise.

The real question is what those orbs were doing in an antiques shop?

The real question is what those orbs were doing in an antiques shop?

Same thing that ran through my head when I bought them. xd.png

So, turns out you only have to complete the Alola Dex, which is 300 Pokemon, to get the Shiny Charm.

I'm working on it in Sun.

So, I just might be getting Pokemon Sun for Christmas. I really hope I do. Only chose Sun version because of Alola Ninetales. It's adorable! Solgaleo's pretty amazing too.

I am majorly upset that I won't be able to get my Mega Beedrill in Moon version. Mega Beedrill happened to be one of my favorite Mega Evolution Pokemon ever and to not have it in the game is kind of like a slap in the face. Also, I do find it weird you can get Caterpie in the game and not Weedle D=

I just picked up pokemon moon today ^.^

I don't know maybe it's just me but does there seem to be a lot of hand holding in this game? It's kinda irritating and throwing me off but I'm loving everything else cx

Gonna be working on the Alola dex for the shiny charm since it's a lot easier now that you only need 300 pokemon lol

So, turns out you only have to complete the Alola Dex, which is 300 Pokemon, to get the Shiny Charm.

I'm working on it in Sun.

Wait, you only need the 300 and not the national? OwO You just made my day.