LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

if we're talkin about music i'm still just waiting for them to release that version of welcome to alola they used in that one trailer a while ago without the sfx.... where is it...

Well, there's one thing that makes poké pelago even more interesting. Spoiler: [The man that runs poké pelago is called Mohn. This is also the name of the man who wrote the logs about Type: Null that you can find in Lab A, and the name Mohn gets mentioned by a scientist in the dimensional research lab, saying that Mohn used to research wormholes. I don't remember any game featuring multiple characters with the same name, so this is probably the same Mohn. This means that it's possible that Mohn, who runs poké pelago, is actually... Lillie and Gladion's father. This would also explain why Lusamine was never able to find him: he wasn't in another dimension, he was at the poké pelago. Or perhaps he escaped by himself. Who knows?]

And thanks, Fractional Pi Day, for letting me know! I'll be sure to check it out! :3

Well, there's one thing that makes poké pelago even more interesting. Spoiler(s)

Well, Pelago (spoilers) is on the main map, (look at the top right corner of it). So he's definitely within the current universe. But, as you find out with Anabel (who apparently came from a separate pokemon universe, the one that Emerald is set in. Since she was part of the battle tower!), people who were exposed too long in the wormhole have their memory kind of wiped. So it's actually really sad when you think about it that Mohn is back in the universe but may have his memories of his family completely gone. And Mohn in Pelago is def most likely the parent of the two, he has the same hair color and his hair style is slightly similar to Gladion

I feel like GameFreak actually put a lot of thought into the villains this time around. They actually fleshed them out from the regular plot "We are going to awaken a legendary pokemon to reshape the world the way we want, but oh shocker, the legendary won't cooperate with us and will destroy the world"

I mean other than Team Rocket.... it was like:

Team Rocket: Profit!

Team Aqua/Magma: Reshape the world

Team Galactic: Reshape the world

Team Plasma: Reshape the world

Team Flare: Kill everyone and reshape the world

Team Skull: Lovable losers causing shenanigans

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Also been wondering how to catch a Wild Gengar and Mimikyu because dang that little pika ghost is cute. wub.gif

Gengar you have to trade a haunter and Mimikyu has is ridiculously rare (took longer than getting a feebas for me) and can only be found in the nifty megamart.

Well, Pelago (spoilers) is on the main map, (look at the top right corner of it). So he's definitely within the current universe. But, as you find out with Anabel (who apparently came from a separate pokemon universe, the one that Emerald is set in. Since she was part of the battle tower!), people who were exposed too long in the wormhole have their memory kind of wiped. So it's actually really sad when you think about it that Mohn is back in the universe but may have his memories of his family completely gone. And Mohn in Pelago is def most likely the parent of the two, he has the same hair color and his hair style is slightly similar to Gladion

I feel like GameFreak actually put a lot of thought into the villains this time around. They actually fleshed them out from the regular plot "We are going to awaken a legendary pokemon to reshape the world the way we want, but oh shocker, the legendary won't cooperate with us and will destroy the world"

I mean other than Team Rocket.... it was like:

Team Rocket: Profit!

Team Aqua/Magma: Reshape the world

Team Galactic: Reshape the world

Team Plasma: Reshape the world

Team Flare: Kill everyone and reshape the world

Team Skull: Lovable losers causing shenanigans

Team galactic didn't want to reshape the world... they wanted to reset the entire universe.

Oh, Syiren, if you'd want to, I guess I could trade you an Alolan Vulpix. smile.gif

I did the same for someone else already. It's quite easy to get your hands on one if you happen to have pokémon sun... biggrin.gif

Thank you. That'd be awesome. I'm not able to use my wifi atm for my 2DS because it doesn't pick up a strong enough signal at the library and it's also at home and not with me. ^^; But I'm planning to head over to a friends house in a few days, so maybe then we can set it up? I'd be happy to trade a fair exchange for it, like a Moon exclusive pokemon if you'd like. smile.gif

Gengar you have to trade a haunter and Mimikyu has is ridiculously rare (took longer than getting a feebas for me) and can only be found in the nifty megamart.

Huh. I could have sworn you could if it showed up in Rotom's pokedex habitat feature. It showed it in the abandoned mart with Mimikyu, unless it's only found with the 'call for help' chain like with Salamence. But I hate that Mimikyu is so hard to find, especially when that one video says it just wants to be loved and adored like Pikachu. I did manage to snap a pic of it on the camera feature and it got crazy reviews. I was hoping it'd attack once I took its picture like in the demo.

Edited by Syiren

Thank you. That'd be awesome. I'm not able to use my wifi atm for my 2DS because it doesn't pick up a strong enough signal at the library and it's also at home and not with me. ^^; But I'm planning to head over to a friends house in a few days, so maybe then we can set it up? I'd be happy to trade a fair exchange for it, like a Moon exclusive pokemon if you'd like. smile.gif

Sure, we can set it up whenever you want. :3

I wouldn't even need anything special in return for it, I have Moon as well. xd.png

But I guess it'd be nice if you could help me evolve my Porygon? smile.gif I already have the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc items, so all I need to do now is trade it.

Sure, we can set it up whenever you want. :3

I wouldn't even need anything special in return for it, I have Moon as well. xd.png

But I guess it'd be nice if you could help me evolve my Porygon? smile.gif I already have the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc items, so all I need to do now is trade it.

I'll be more than happy to help you out with Porygon. happy.gif

~*~*~

I'm fully enjoying this game so much. It's my favorite of any game so far. for Pokemon. And that's says a lot considering I didn't think anything would beat HG or AS for that spot.

What I love is that there are so many surprises that weren't spoiled. I just made it to Exeggutor Island.

Does anyone know how/where I can find the TM for Thunderbolt? my Raichu never got to learn it and I just got the Z crystal for Raichu specifically.

~*~*~

I'm fully enjoying this game so much. It's my favorite of any game so far. for Pokemon. And that's says a lot considering I didn't think anything would beat HG or AS for that spot.

What I love is that there are so many surprises that weren't spoiled. I just made it to Exeggutor Island.

Does anyone know how/where I can find the TM for Thunderbolt? my Raichu never got to learn it and I just got the Z crystal for Raichu specifically.

TM thunderbolt is surprisingly late in the game. It is on Poni Island after you receive the key stone from Dexio. Then you can access the east side of the island. There is a particular large open space with a sort of rocky canyon at the top left, that requires Tauros to break through. The TM is there.

I think Gengar can be found wild in this game. Probably SOS battles.

Edited by Ashywolf

I finished Moon a few days ago and have Sun on a japanese 3DS right now (to soft reset for a shiny starter later), I enjoyed playing Moon more than I thought I would for sure!

I'm at 96% complete for my pokedex, definitely have the GTS to thank for most of that. Feebas is GREAT trade fodder.

Man, all you shiny hunters have way more patience than I do D= I blew like 30 leppa berries on a Pikipek chain yesterday and just kind of gave up. I suspect I'll be doing this on and off every day for the next few weeks.

Like everyone else said, I really liked Sun/Moon's plot and it was pretty revolutionary for Pokemon, but... "Has a purely selfish villain, deals with themes of child abuse, and includes an organization that initially seems to have good intentions" also perfectly describes gen 5? I know gen 5 was pretty generic in other respects (I think it was more of a deconstruction/play on expectations than straight up new territory) but let's not pretend this is 100% all new original content that Pokemon has never explored.

TM thunderbolt is surprisingly late in the game. It is on Poni Island after you receive the key stone from Dexio. Then you can access the east side of the island. There is a particular large open space with a sort of rocky canyon at the top left, that requires Tauros to break through. The TM is there.

I think Gengar can be found wild in this game. Probably SOS battles.

Thank you. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for that. happy.gif

~*~*~

biggrin.gif Thanks! Just let me know when you're able to trade. :3

Huh. I could have sworn you could if it showed up in Rotom's pokedex habitat feature. It showed it in the abandoned mart with Mimikyu, unless it's only found with the 'call for help' chain like with Salamence. But I hate that Mimikyu is so hard to find, especially when that one video says it just wants to be loved and adored like Pikachu. I did manage to snap a pic of it on the camera feature and it got crazy reviews. I was hoping it'd attack once I took its picture like in the demo.

Yes, Gengar can be found as part of the call for help chain. Very rare though.

is anybody willing to trade keldo or other pokemon from the 20th anniversary?

and also is it possible to catch goomy or castform at all ingame?

edit i also need the vulpix from sun since i have moon

Edited by CellyBean

Just gonna put it out here for everyone: if you have pokémon Moon and can't get your hands on an alolan vulpix, feel free to pm me. Same goes for midday Lycanroc. and evolving cosmoem into Solgaleo

I first wanna go through the postgame in Sun, after that I'll start my Moon version and I'll also be able to give Moon exclusives to people with Sun.

Gloomy had to be part of an SOS call whilst raining. Cast form it has to have some sort of weather like sandstorm, hail, rain, etc.

Yes, you can catch goomy and castform in-game but only during rainy SOS battles on Route 17 and lush jungle

I can also trade pkmn sun exclusive to those who only have moon

I just realized that Pikipek, Trumbeak, and Toucannon are all named after musical instruments, the piccolo, trumpet, and cannon.

I just realized that Pikipek, Trumbeak, and Toucannon are all named after musical instruments, the piccolo, trumpet, and cannon.

Trum also means beak, specifically referring to the shape of the beak. This makes it's name, I guess, "trumpet beak beak", which doesn't even reach the highscore of dumbest pokémon name. That one's still in "hands" of: "Sound of metal clashing Sound of metal clashing" aka Klingklang.

Just gonna put it out here for everyone: if you have pokémon Moon and can't get your hands on an alolan vulpix, feel free to pm me. Same goes for midday Lycanroc. and evolving cosmoem into Solgaleo

I first wanna go through the postgame in Sun, after that I'll start my Moon version and I'll also be able to give Moon exclusives to people with Sun.

As weird as it may sound, I've actually encountered a wild midday Lycanroc in my Moon version. No, I didn't hack the game. I think they appear in the outside area of Vast Poni Canyon during the day (late at night IRL), which is when I usually seem to get the most play time.

"With your keen observations, you were able to see even fine differences in our dances!"

Uh, yeah, I wouldn't exactly say a photobombing hiker and a poser of a totem Pokemon are what you could call "fine differences" xd.png Well, off to the next trial.

"With your keen observations, you were able to see even fine differences in our dances!"

Uh, yeah, I wouldn't exactly say a photobombing hiker and a poser of a totem Pokemon are what you could call "fine differences" xd.png Well, off to the next trial.

LOL I know, I thought I was doing something wrong with that trial and replayed the first dance like 20 times. I didn't know the final pose was actually considered part of the dance itself.

LOL I know, I thought I was doing something wrong with that trial and replayed the first dance like 20 times. I didn't know the final pose was actually considered part of the dance itself.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused by that. xd.png

Can we also take a moment to note how few puzzles there are in this game? There are some blocks you have to shove around in the entrance of temples. But where are the ice puzzles, significant boulder/strength puzzles, and Sky Pillar bike run adventures that previous games had? I guess they really dumbed down the formula on purpose, to stop people getting frustrated.