LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Current team is;

Kheiron the Rowlet

Galvan the Magnemite

Just on my way to the first trial, after dealing with Team Numbskull at the Berry Fields. Also, something just occurred to me;

Every other evil Team; People are at least worried about them, if not outright intimidated by them.

Team Skull; Everyone mocks them and aren't even remotely scared.

I just love how this is going. xd.png

Team Skull honestly is kind of sad

Spoilers of a sort:

Because later on you find out most of the members failed the island trials and are basically outcasts/probably made fun of. They joined the group probably to feel accepted.

Sun and Moon touched on a lot of deep and sometimes heartbreaking topics.

I mean, the two cemeteries not being just for pokemon.

There's the little kid that thinks dead people are just sleeping forever and if you give them chesto berries (wakes pokemon in battle) then they'll wake up.

Then there's the whole incident with Machamp and the widow..... sad.gif

BTW as far as how Lillie treats the female protagonist. I'm not sure if the dialogue is different or not, but I think it's honestly how you read into it. I took everything she said to my (female) character as just close friends. I definitely got that Hau likes her though.

I kind of found it hilarious how the protagonist has no expression on his/her face. Kind of funny in grave situations to have that look.

Also has everyone found the guy that can change your battle entry poses? I'm currently using the "smug" style. I wish it changed how you act during the battle, but it's fun to see my character at least throw the ball different.

*spoilered out**reply on Nightfox's reply on the spoilered out part of my post... and a bit more about the part just before the credits*

The place where the dialogue occured during which it felt the most like Lillie has a crush on the male protagonist, let's call him Sun, is when you're sheltering for the rain at Exeggutor Island. Another major moment is, when you get back from the Ultra Dimension (I think that's what it's called) with Solgaleo, Guzma, Lusamine and of course Lillie, Hapu will have shown up, then looks at Sun and Lillie standing next to one another and says "I think this might work out". Quite odd for that line to mean something else after having a close up of Sun and Lillie... On a side note, it just occured to me that at the party, when Lillie says "I'm going to-" and then gets interrupted by sudden lighting, she probably wanted to tell you she'll go to Kanto, but ended up not doing so. I do think it's quite mean they let Lillie and Hau go to Kanto, even say that Kanto is close enough to go to whenever you want, but not let us go there. #GiveUsKantonianPersian

None of Lillie's dialogue is changed for a female MC, and it's hella gay. Thank you gamefreak for this wonderful gift

I feel like this is kind of a common thing in games where you can pick your gender, tbh. Writers kind of lowkey assume you're playing as the male character, so everyone who falls in love with you is a girl. I mean, Shauna in gen 6? Yeesh. They changed a line of dialogue for that, but it's still pretty obvious.

None of Lillie's dialogue is changed for a female MC, and it's hella gay. Thank you gamefreak for this wonderful gift

I feel like this is kind of a common thing in games where you can pick your gender, tbh. Writers kind of lowkey assume you're playing as the male character, so everyone who falls in love with you is a girl. I mean, Shauna in gen 6? Yeesh. They changed a line of dialogue for that, but it's still pretty obvious.

Yeah, I noticed this with a couple of the team skull grunts. I walked in on two of the girls fighting over a shirt, and one of them gets all embarrassed when "a cute girl" witnesses it. I was so tickled by that.

Yeah, I noticed this with a couple of the team skull grunts. I walked in on two of the girls fighting over a shirt, and one of them gets all embarrassed when "a cute girl" witnesses it. I was so tickled by that.

Oh, that one was 100% intentional.

I for one have fully embraced the fact that my protag girls in both games are gay as heck.

YESSSS THAT'S SO GREAT.

These games keep getting gayer. ORAS had some gay as heck npcs but dang this is even better. I'm so happy. MARRY ME LILLIE

Hawii is the RAINBOW State after all.

Of course Nintendo would start to do this. I thought Hau and Lilly in my humble opinion would have done great together.

But you know, whatever

Hawii is the RAINBOW State after all.

Not to mention the fact that Sun and Moon were initially dubbed "Project RAINBOW"

As for the team skull grunt... just the fact she specifically mentions a "cute" girl, rather than just a girl, makes every interpretation other than it being gay highly unlikely. xd.png

I got my Type: Null! laugh.gif Now I gotta train it up... I guess I should've gotten it earlier... but didn't bother looking...

TBH I think this is the biggest part of it. I mean, the original pokemon games you were forced into playing as a boy.

Again, I think there's just some reading into it more than anything. Hawaii as the Rainbow state has nothing to do with gay pride or anything.

Not that I have a problem with any of it. I just have always felt that the main protagonist in the main games has never really been involved in anything with anyone other than close friendships.

Of course, in real life I never recognize when people are flirting with me, so I guess I can't recognize it in games either haha.

My whole team is at level 70 now. Wooo. And oh my goodness Gamefreak is the best for giving us multiples of the version exclusive UBs and (spoilerish)a second cosmog. Thank them all, because that made it so much easier to trade.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

TBH I think this is the biggest part of it. I mean, the original pokemon games you were forced into playing as a boy.

Again, I think there's just some reading into it more than anything. Hawaii as the Rainbow state has nothing to do with gay pride or anything.

Thank you. It was starting to bothering me to no end.

Woah just finished the ghost trial, damn that was hard.

Lillie is precious.

I thought it was awesome and that last part. So creepy, yet cute. What did scare me was (spoiler)

Mimikyu just standing right behind you waiting for you to look down and snap a picture.

Also been wondering how to catch a Wild Gengar and Mimikyu because dang that little pika ghost is cute. wub.gif

apparently my team built itself for the most part aside from getting a Pikachu and my Popplio.

Scamp the Arcanine

Suprise the Raichu

Melody the Primarina

Daisy the Toucanon

Turkey Fan the Snorlax (I got him on Thanksgiving)

Salazar the Salazzle

I don't think I can get Vulpix in my Moon Version which makes me really sad. She was my favorite Alolan next to Raichu.

I just made it to the 4th island last night before calling it quits and OMG what a crazy ride I was just on. (Spoiler ahead)

That crazy woman. How could Lillie share DNA with such a witch? I mean, disowning her kids because they don't worship her and 'don't deserve her love', freezing her pokemon in ice like some kind of trophies, it's as bad as mounting them on a wall, and then not caring if Cosmog dies and also hoping it does because its annoying? Seriously we finally have a villain that freaks me out! And ticks me off. Some of the others did tick me off like Ghetsis, but this...woman. She's a whle new kind of crazy! Finally! I cannot wait to destroy her for real with Lunala on my side.

ETA: Oh, and also found out you can attract Shiny pokemon in Pokemon Palego. However it's not easy to get them to stay and join your team. *sniffles* I'm still salty that Shiny Zubat didn't decide to stay. I'd rather have the chance to battle it instead because I'd make sure it didn't escape. I wonder if that counts as my first ever shiny fail, even though I really had no power over that. unsure.gif

Edited by Syiren

ETA: Oh, and also found out you can attract Shiny pokemon in Pokemon Palego. However it's not easy to get them to stay and join your team. *sniffles* I'm still salty that Shiny Zubat didn't decide to stay. I'd rather have the chance to battle it instead because I'd make sure it didn't escape. I wonder if that counts as my first ever shiny fail, even though I really had no power over that. unsure.gif

Oh man that sucks. I am super jealous that my brother had found a shiny Pokemon before me! I found D that if you give the Pokemon lots of attention it will stay so you might have had to constantly check on it. I'd be super mad if I found a shiny in Pokemon Palego and lost it =(

Oh man that sucks. I am super jealous that my brother had found a shiny Pokemon before me! I found D that if you give the Pokemon lots of attention it will stay so you might have had to constantly check on it. I'd be super mad if I found a shiny in Pokemon Palego and lost it =(

When I did find it I gave it tons of attention because it was so great to look at, but then I got busy with holiday stuff and wasn't able to check it for a few hours and then when I checked back it was gone. I had been so happy all day long knowing I had a shiny there and then that crash had such a hard landing when I saw it had left. sad.gif

Oh, Syiren, if you'd want to, I guess I could trade you an Alolan Vulpix. smile.gif

I did the same for someone else already. It's quite easy to get your hands on one if you happen to have pokémon sun... biggrin.gif

Thank you. It was starting to bothering me to no end.

It was bothering you... that we were talking about how it's possible to read an NPC as gay, and we were happy that we finally got some semblance of representation in the Pokemon series, even if it's not necessarily the writers' intent? :\ Ok then.

In other news, I saw shiny Toucannon and have been overcome with a burning desire to obtain this angry bisexual toucan. Chaining battles requires a lot of patience and leppa berries, it turns out, and that's totally not my kind of thing, but I need it.

Edit: I really liked the ghost trial!! [I don't even like or consume a lot of horror media, but once I got into the back room and swung the camera around for a couple of seconds, I immediately went "ah, it's behind me, isn't it", and responded with a lukewarm "ah, hello" when it turned out I was right.] I really like the trial system in general; it's a lot more fun than navigating 8 gym puzzles in a row.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

It was bothering you... that we were talking about how it's possible to read an NPC as gay, and we were happy that we finally got some semblance of representation in the Pokemon series, even if it's not necessarily the writers' intent? :\ Ok then.

In other news, I saw shiny Toucannon and have been overcome with a burning desire to obtain this angry bisexual toucan. Chaining battles requires a lot of patience and leppa berries, it turns out, and that's totally not my kind of thing, but I need it.

Edit: I really liked the ghost trial!! I really like the trial system in general; it's a lot more fun than navigating 8 gym puzzles in a row.

Besides the Toucannon thing, I completely agree.

Also I just started finding out about some of the postgame events and it's so great...

But how can I find the Ultra Beasts? I can't find them... D:

For Ultra Beasts: [Postgame, when you exit your house, you get a letter in your key items pocket. Examine it and it'll tell you where to go for the postgame Ultra Beast quest. Might wanna train up a bit first, though; I rushed straight into it and was severely underleveled.]

I'm hoping what Raptor was saying was that it should be in a separate thread, not in this one.

In other news, I am now on Akala (Sp?) Island and just beat Dexio and obtained the Zygarde Cube. Still slightly peeved that this got shoe-horned into a new gen rather than Zygarde getting its own game, but oh well. And is it just me, or do Dexio and Sina seem older than they did in X/Y? Eh, probably just me. Now to do some hard grinding to get everyone up to the same level.

Team now consists of;

Kheiron the Dartrix

Galvan the Magnemite

Barghest the Rockruff

Star the Mudbray

Gonna be hard choosing the last two to go in those slots, there's so many Pokemon I want to train unsure.gif

Edited by CharonDusk

I just made it to the 4th island last night before calling it quits and OMG what a crazy ride I was just on. (Spoiler ahead)

That crazy woman. How could Lillie share DNA with such a witch? I mean, disowning her kids because they don't worship her and 'don't deserve her love', freezing her pokemon in ice like some kind of trophies, it's as bad as mounting them on a wall, and then not caring if Cosmog dies and also hoping it does because its annoying? Seriously we finally have a villain that freaks me out! And ticks me off. Some of the others did tick me off like Ghetsis, but this...woman. She's a whle new kind of crazy! Finally! I cannot wait to destroy her for real with Lunala on my side.

I thought the same thing until you talk to Gladion after the main game and find out

(spoiler)

That her husband went missing in the wormhole and she's essentially unhinged from grief. Kind of a dark place pokemon went to. Even though the guy who runs Poke Pelago pretty much is her husband, but for some reason doesn't remember any of his family, which dang is sad. Which kind of is hinted at that going through the wormholes for too long kills your memory, as you learn from the UB missions.

Also, Poke Pelago makes me feel a lot better about putting my pokemon in boxes.

When (spoiler) Lusamine calls you out on how her throwing away things that don't matter to her (her kids) isn't any different from you, the player, putting the (living) pokemon you don't want in your box, I felt really guilty, because it's essentially true, so the new stuff with the PC makes me feel better.

Ugh yes, the Zygarde stuff is kind of depressing that it got shoehorned in. Really should have been in a Z version. It literally makes no sense that all the cells are randomly in Alola instead of Kalos where Zygarde resides.

And sorry if I offended anyone with my comments. I don't have a problem with the NPCs being in any kind of relationship of any orientation with each other (and for the record, I did get that the two Team Skull grunts were a little more than friends). I just don't feel comfortable with the main character appearing to have any relationship, of any orientation. So in my mind, any NPC interaction with your character is never anything more than (close) friendship.

I guess it's just 'cause they're 11 and I think 11 year-olds shouldn't think about dating anyone ever haha.

I'll just steer away from this in the future. Don't want to get the thread locked for everyone D:

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

The fun thing about stories is you can interpret them in any way as you like. Enjoy the fact that we live in a world where you can have your own opinion and stand by it with pride and passion. I hate to see what can become splitting of hairs over what one person thinks and another doesn't about A or B connotation of the story.

Anyone else find the music good, but kind of odd? For instance, several songs have almost violent mood swings and clashing sequences that don't make for a good harmony. Ten Carat Hill theme, the UB and Tapu battle theme come to mind.

Edited by Ashywolf

The fun thing about stories is you can interpret them in any way as you like. Enjoy the fact that we live in a world where you can have your own opinion and stand by it with pride and passion.

Definitely dood! And I think we can all agree that this was one of the best (if not the best) story lines in a main series pokemon game. So little details aren't super important anyway.

Unless it's poke pelago..........

I'm still pretty.... I mean.... pokemon really went to some deep themes in this game. I was a little surprised but I think it's a nice change. The things they visited are things that can happen in real life (minus the pokemon and the wormholes) and there's no reason to pretend it doesn't happen (wormholes probably not though...probably).

I've mostly had the music down low but I have noticed a few songs are a little off sounding.