LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

i plan that stuff for wondertrade wednesday. i have a bunch of shinx and popplios just sitting around waiting for it. hopefully i get my shiny popplio so i can start adding comfey to wondertrade list

I'll be breeding some of my rarer Pokemon, too, like my starters, version exclusive and late-game 'mons, now that I've got a Japanese Ditto for Masuda-ing once I get the shiny charm.

Speaking of Dittos, I never realised how useful they are for trade fodder, though I know I shouldn't be surprised. Managed to get a good 10% on my Dex in just an hour from putting Ditto I'd been farming on the GTS.

Funny thing is, most of the Pokemon I need, I have in my living Pokedex on Pokebank. Makes it both amusing (trying to get them all again) and frustrating (knowing I have them already but can't access them yet) at the same time. rolleyes.gif

Edited by CharonDusk

Funny thing is, most of the Pokemon I need, I have in my living Pokedex on Pokebank. Makes it both amusing (trying to get them all again) and frustrating (knowing I have them already but can't access them yet) at the same time. rolleyes.gif

Same here. I worked on getting all the new pokemon first before working on getting old pokemon in the hopes that pokebank would be updated before January.

I did some trading online after I realized I could just breed my goodra and get goomies to trade for other weather SOS pokemon. Now I just need to evolve my gible and my vanilla ice cream (not trying to be funny, I seriously can't remember its name 100%) and then I'll be done with the Alola dex.

P.S. using pelago to level my pokemon for pokedex completion (and not having to pay like you do for the old daycares) while I'm off at work is a wonderful feature.

Then I gotta attempt to figure out which three Zygarde cells I'm missing. (I already re-checked all the time exclusive ones...). I'm never going to actually use Zygarde, but I want the complete form for well, completion's sake.

got a shiny bewear from wonder trade last night lvl 100 again same as the toxapex.

still havent hatched a shiny rockruff or popplio

Guys, I've gotten myself into a pickle. I'm trying to get my Eevee named Noctis to evolve into an Umbreon and it has full affection so every time I try to evolve it I get a Sylveon. Any thoughts on how I can make it an Umbreon?

Guys, I've gotten myself into a pickle. I'm trying to get my Eevee named Noctis to evolve into an Umbreon and it has full affection so every time I try to evolve it I get a Sylveon. Any thoughts on how I can make it an Umbreon?

Make it forget the fairy type move and you should be good

Umbreon needs friendship not affection and like Raptor of Dragons said get rid of the fairy move

Umbreon needs friendship not affection and like Raptor of Dragons said get rid of the fairy move

I'm a bit late... all I have to say now is "ditto".

Bad pun obviously intended

EDIT: Oh Syiren, I just saw the scene of the Dragonite instructing an Ampharos in your sig. I think I do remember that episode, that that's Ash's Dragonite teaching Ampharos how to use Thunder Punch (I guess... at least it was something like that), but it made me realize that something that seemed obscure at first actually is thought out very well. I think that Mega Ampharos being part dragon type might be a nod to that moment.

Edited by Felixr2

Nah, mega ampharos is just a bad pun. Its Japanese name denryuu can be read as both "electric current" or "electric dragon", since there's no kanji.

Man, so much good luck with wonder trade. The best thing I've gotten is a 5IV gible in a beast ball, I think. Maybe people really are offering better stuff over the holidays; I'm gonna have to redouble my breeding efforts.

Nah, mega ampharos is just a bad pun. Its Japanese name denryuu can be read as both "electric current" or "electric dragon", since there's no kanji.

Man, so much good luck with wonder trade. The best thing I've gotten is a 5IV gible in a beast ball, I think. Maybe people really are offering better stuff over the holidays; I'm gonna have to redouble my breeding efforts.

i got the shinies late at night two days in a row so thats when i'll be focusing on wondertrade.

i hate that pokebank wont be updated and that they give us so little pc boxes

i got the shinies late at night two days in a row so thats when i'll be focusing on wondertrade.

i hate that pokebank wont be updated and that they give us so little pc boxes

Pokebank will be updated, in late January the last I heard. And if you put at least one pokemon in every box and exit the PC, it automatically gives you more boxes.

Pokebank will be updated, in late January the last I heard. And if you put at least one pokemon in every box and exit the PC, it automatically gives you more boxes.

oh shoot really???? so like lets say i have 18 and they're all basically filled up, once i exit the pc and then go back on i'll have more boxes?

Make it forget the fairy type move and you should be good

Thanks guys. With all the different ways these guys evolve it's easy to forget who evolves how. happy.gif;

EDIT: Oh Syiren, I just saw the scene of the Dragonite instructing an Ampharos in your sig. I think I do remember that episode, that that's Ash's Dragonite teaching Ampharos how to use Thunder Punch (I guess... at least it was something like that), but it made me realize that something that seemed obscure at first actually is thought out very well. I think that Mega Ampharos being part dragon type might be a nod to that moment.

It very well could be. I know that was back in the black and white seasons, which I didn't watch, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was why. smile.gif

Edited by Syiren

Yah there's some cool stuff going through wondertrade lately. I've gotten a couple pokemon from islandscans through there

(I keep forgetting islandscan is a thing)

And then of course, you get stuff from wondertrade like this

(Linked for Expletive Language)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzrTY5pVEAAhShU.jpg

Not... Not sure how that trainer name made it through filters.

And they do have filters for trainer names. I used the name "Bismuth" (the element) as a trainer name on one of the gameboy games and as I've traded it up to recent games the filters caught that trainer name and changed it to a default trainer name.

It also took me a long time to figure out why Bismuth was banned - it's a case of it catching a banned word in the middle of a real word. Kind of like how Cofagrigus gets caught by the filters too .

So I caught a wild Pichu early in my game, noticed it has a Timid nature, and raised it up without thinking twice about the IVs because I never really intended to use it for competitive play anyway... turns out it has five perfect IVs. My little spark surfer is about to turn into one serious breeder. Haha.

Edited by keijaidyyn

finished my pokedex last night without even finishing the game

only good thing I've gotten from wonder trade was a hunter and a yungoos named donald trump, the yungoos made me laugh but I really wish the hunter had gone to someone else as I have Min Min a Gengar I raised from Gastly in my team (named after the Min Min Lights of Australia)

You do know you can just wonder trade the Haunter yourself again, right?

it evolved into Gengar

after I finish the story I'm planning on training up hunters and Kadabras, and some other trade evolve Pokémon for wonder trade

and I like to keep all the Pokémon I get from trades for the OT Numbers

Edited by InugamiZERO

This has been the worst game for wonder trading in my experience. I spent the past 2 days wonder trading and I've amassed about 100 trades, containing the following:

-21 yungoos/gumshoos

-18 abra (??)

-11 wingull

-10 finneon

-9 slowpoke

-9 magikarp

-6 drowsee

-4 pikipek

-5 zubat

-3 vulpix

-2 bounsweet

-2 mudbray

-2 rowlett

-1 machop

-1 salandit (male named "nicetry")

Rowlett was nice but that's kind of it. Everything else just common route pokemon. I think I'll skip it for a while.

Edited by Ashywolf

it evolved into Gengar

after I finish the story I'm planning on training up hunters and Kadabras, and some other trade evolve Pokémon for wonder trade

and I like to keep all the Pokémon I get from trades for the OT Numbers

Oh right, I forgot Haunter evolves on trade. xd.png

And I guess keeping them for the OT numbers makes sense.

One of the things I love from this game:

Guzma.

(And other things but Guzma and his team, they just *shakes fist*)

-18 abra (??)

I've noticed an insane amount of abras as well, almost all from japan. Are they obsessed with breeding the perfect alakazam over there or something?

I've noticed an insane amount of abras as well, almost all from japan. Are they obsessed with breeding the perfect alakazam over there or something?

I think it's for Synchronize. Starting in ORAS, if you have a Pokemon with Synchronize in the first slot of your party, any special Pokemon (legendaries, tapus, etc) you encounter have a 100% chance of having the same nature as the Synchronize user. The land spirits are legal for use in competitive and have extremely useful abilities, so people are probably breeding lots of Abra to try to get the right natures for Synchronize.

I now have a timid Necrozma in a beast ball thanks to one of those Abra, booyah B))