LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I've filling my Poxedex and the most annoying thing is getting a Sharp Claw for Weavile. You get a 5% chance on Jangmo-o and that is the only place. So, so, so annoying.

Kommo-o has a 50% chance of holding a Razor Claw in the wild, so if you SOS chain until you get one, the chances that you'll spawn a Razor Claw are much higher.

So, uh, progress update.

Beat the Ghost Trial. That Totem Pokemon appearance was like something from a creepypasta ._. Still, went down fairly quickly. So far the only one I've had any real trouble with was Mallow's Totem, namely because my Salandit was seriously underleveled.

Had my first encounter with Guzma. Really, how am I meant to take this guy seriously? xd.png He's crazy, but not the intimidating kind of crazy, more the "Having you been eating Paras shrooms?" Crazy xd.png

Team at current;

Kheiron the Decidueye

Star the Mudsdale

Barghest the Lycanroc

Galvan the Magneton

Bathsheba the Salazzle (Are female Salandit really that hard to find? :| I found mine in only a few battles...)

Saving the last spot for an Alolan Vulpix. Or the Jangm-o line. Not sure yet.

Just got the Sharpedo pager and on my way to kick more numbskull butt. Also, Grimsley always had my favourite E4 design - somewhat sophisticated but still a little intimidating - but holy smoke do I like this redesign. Though guy kinda looks like he needs some sleep.

Edited by CharonDusk

I beat the League the night before and caught the last of the UBs last night. My current team line up is:

Kirdyran the Alolan Raichu

Teshar the Decidueye

Loquiras the Typhlosion

Ash-Greninja

Mudsdale who I just switched out for Snowfang the Type: Null

Gardial the Kommo-o

I literally only got my Type: Null before going to bed, so it's still level 40. I need to work my butt off to train it up to the same level as my other Pokemon. I haven't followed Hau yet either, so haven't I gotten my keystone. But, none of my Pokemon can Mega Evolve, so there's no rush for that just yet.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Okay, I avoided spoilers for the sake of the story, but now I'm ready to ask the big questions. Where can you get a Cosmog and a Type: Null of your own?

Okay, I avoided spoilers for the sake of the story, but now I'm ready to ask the big questions. Where can you get a Cosmog and a Type: Null of your own?

*spoilered*

For Type: Null, go back to the Aether Foundation, go to the conservation area and walk forward, from your perspective. Gladion will stand there to give you a Type: Null. For Cosmog, go to the Altar of the Sunne/Moone (depending on which version you have) with the version legendary in your team. Go through the wormhole you find there, and you'll go to an alternate world, which is the world of the other version, except for version exclusive, which remain the same for each version. Go to the Lake of the Sunne/Moone there and you'll get a Cosmog.

I don't have issues with the "hand holding" regarding showing types and effectiveness in the battle. Sure this isn't math class but some people just don't remember types. Why stop them enjoying the game? The AI knows the type effectiveness, so the player should too.

Else each battle can involve several "suicide attempts" before you actually stand a chance at getting past it.

PS. I play competitively so I know all the type matchups and types of the pre-Alola pokemon, so it did not affect my playthrough personally.

Edited by Ashywolf

thought to point out because earlier people didnt know where ditto was and just so you guys know i caught one in moon at night on the first mountain where you have the electric trial on the third island.

Hey did you know you can catch Lycanrock Moon form in Sun?

If I'd known I woulda got him! Though I got him on ancient poni path which is really late but he's a werewolf!

If I'd known I woulda got him! Though I got him on ancient poni path which is really late but he's a werewolf!

Funny you mention this as I just learned that today.

Finally got a horsea in a beast ball, sent it off to my friends and now I have a competitive IV kingdra in a beast ball. Aw yeah.

Nice.

Because I'm apparently a masochist, I'm doing a Nuzlocke in Moon. Right now I'm on my way to the Electric trial, and my team consists of Matilda the Dartrix, Shadow Naoto the Ribombee, Vera the Oricorio, Mikotsu the Wishiwashi, Ruby the Midnight Lycanroc, and my very lucky find, Menhait the Salandit, who is female.

I gave pom pom Oricorio blackglasses. Why? Because please imagine pom pom Oricorio with shades. That is all.

I seem to have missed Flyinium Z somewhere, incidentally. Hmmmmm.

Flyinium is in [the deepest part of Ten Carat Hill; you need Machamp Shove to get into the chamber it's in.] I had to look that up on Serebii, it's weirdly obscure.

Anyone interested in the upcoming VGC tournament? It's before Pokemon Bank goes live, so only Alola-born Pokemon. I'm not going to have well-trained prepared Pokemon by then, but I saw a set for pom-pom Oricorio and Ribombee, and the thought of those two being actually competitively viable pleases me immensely. I might try it out.

I use Rbombee and pom-pom Oricorio as a tag team in doubles, I love them. Shame bug is resisted by so many types, though.

edit: Ohh that's funny, I just finally worked out where [spoiler place?] was and wondered what that Machamp stone led to. I was going to check it out after finding [Rockruff].

Edited by Ashywolf

*spoilered*

For Type: Null, go back to the Aether Foundation, go to the conservation area and walk forward, from your perspective. Gladion will stand there to give you a Type: Null. For Cosmog, go to the Altar of the Sunne/Moone (depending on which version you have) with the version legendary in your team. Go through the wormhole you find there, and you'll go to an alternate world, which is the world of the other version, except for version exclusive, which remain the same for each version. Go to the Lake of the Sunne/Moone there and you'll get a Cosmog.

Thank you!

~*~

Shiny hunting for a pichu/pikachu in one of the early routes atm and it looks like I'm in for the long haul. I'm so eager to get a shiny Alolan raichu. I've only had two shiny pichu in the past. One I hatched way back in Crystal and the other was the HG/SS event to unlock the spiky-ear pichu.

I also finally found me a Mimikyu and it's adorable! wub.gif

I think I'm just going to take my time and explore the game before I jump into any post game story/event stuff.

I'd like to raise some more pokemon and fill up the dex a bit more since there's a good number of pokemon I haven't encountered yet. Also breeding eggs. Yay!

Edited by Syiren

anybody need a mimikyu? i have a bunch because i've been trying to catch one with a jolly or adamant nature but no dice

Finally finished the entire Pokedex and got my Shiny Charm. Now to breed myself some shinies!

anybody need a mimikyu? i have a bunch because i've been trying to catch one with a jolly or adamant nature but no dice

Ooh, Mimikyu, I don't have one yet. :3

I got both games on 23.11. (Europe), I´ve only just reached the 2nd island, I´m playing quite slowly, i often only use the wonder trade feature and got 2 lucky trades so far, I got a Shiny Charjabug on Sun and a Nihilego on Moon through Wonder Trade *laugh*

Well I'm happy, last night after 362 SOS encounters I got my first Alola form shiny, an Alola Vulpix biggrin.gif. I was so nervous throughout the whole process, I was afraid to kill a shiny. It was so noticeable when it did show up, I don't know why I was nervous. I named her Holly and I'll eventually evolve her once I get her EV trained.

Tonight I was trying to get through route 2 when all of a sudden I ran into a RANDOM shiny Makuhita! This is my first random shiny in over a year, I'm so happy.

I beat the Pokemon League tonight as well, I finally beat the game biggrin.gif. After spending weeks SRing for Litten then slowly going through the game I did it. I'm going to start SRing for Type: Null soon, but I think I'll do some post game things first.

Found out I still haven't got the psychium Z so gonna grab that before heading up to the league!

Wow though, my first battle with UB lusamine I could not beat her damn clefable! None of my guys did enough damage and it just kept healing! None of my guys died either but it took forever!

Second attempt I gave Pangoro a poison barb and used him, it was a risk considering how weak he is to fairy but he pulled it off and one hit the clefable!

After that I shed some major feels when Nebby joined me... I felt bad sending him to the box, why couldn't lilly just keep him. Also did not want a luxury ball...

Good game, if I start again I might try trading over type:null and possibly zygarde, also gonna grab me the werewolf biggrin.gif Though that will be my late game pokemon.

Yah, it's funny how when you evolve rockruff it's version exclusive, but you can find both forms in each version depending on the time of day.

I don't get why they didn't just make the form it evolves to time based in the first place.

I'm just going along catching as much as I can for my dex, and variants... working on getting all the core colors for minior. Just missing violet now. It's difficult because they keep self-destructing

Anyone working on the global challenge? That's part of why I'm on a mad catching spree.

Sidestory on Pokemon being dark, when catching Mareanie.... (spoilerish I guess)

The whole fact that you can only encounter Mareanie when corsola calls for help is horribly dark and shows how nature is cruel even in pokemon. Poor corsola cries for help but instead gets a predator. (Seriously, Mareanie's 'dex entry talks about how they eat corsola)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Soooooo.....I just got to...the place beyond the Vast Poni Canyon, and I have just one thing to say.

I can take all of the other dark things, the Dex entries, the spooky areas, the disturbing things a few NPCs say....those don't affect me on moRe than an "Okay, that's a little creepy," level because they've been in Pokemon since the beginning. And yet I still view them as kid's games.

I TAKE IT BACK, THIS IS NOT A KID'S GAME ANYMORE! That...thing, the Lusamine x UB is creepy and wrong and just so much NOPE. It looks like something from a horror movie. And even creepier is you just KNOW there's R34 of it out there.

Edit; Beat the game. Gotta say, the "credits" scene is probably my favourite of all the games so far, and I'm looking forward to the post-game stuff to do. Though, what with all the references they've put in, I'd be kinda surprised if we don't see another Blue/Red/Green remake in the not-so-distant future.

Edited by CharonDusk

Though, what with all the references they've put in, I'd be kinda surprised if we don't see another Blue/Red/Green remake in the not-so-distant future.

There are a lot of references to all 6 past generations, most likely since this is the 20th anniversary game.

If we do get a remake it will most likely be for gen 4 diamond and pearl.