TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I'm still unable to play the game... this is a great idea and all but I really recommend against repeating the idea next year. I enjoyed the text adventures because text loads.

have you tried hitting space a few times when you open it?

Wonderful, I love the bridge puzzle! (And the little victory spin at the end!)

It's just like the puzzle with the fox, chicken, and grain, but Quark would destroy both of the other things. tongue.gif

I'm at the house in front of the mining outpost. The game forces me in there. How do I get to the mine? The back door in house is locked and there are trees blocking all other ways to it. Game won't let me go back ovrr the bridge with items. I don't see anyone to talk to. Confused.

I figured it out. There's another glitch in the game. The first time I played it let me cross the bridge with all the items at once with no puzzle. It forced me into the house with no one there.I had to restart and then I was given a chance to figure out the puzzle. Hope this helps anyone else this happens to.

I'm actually really glad Idecided to keep playing. Quark was adorable and the bridge game was fun. I was thrilled when cute little Quark started following me around!

This sounds quite odd, but it made me almost scared when I knocked down the vase. biggrin.gif

The bridge puzzle was awesome, I managed to figure it out myself since I had the solution memorized.

Wonderful, I love the bridge puzzle! (And the little victory spin at the end!)

It's just like the puzzle with the fox, chicken, and grain, but Quark would destroy both of the other things. tongue.gif

Yes, the victory spin was an adorable touch! xd.png

The game is definitely adorable, but I'm this close to give up on it.

I know part of it's probably due to my computer, but it's TOO slow.

I mean, I gave up on exploring, I'm looking for spoilers before doing anything to go straight where I need to, but it still takes far too much time because each step takes several seconds, so even arriving to the right place takes about half an hour or more.

Add to that the game getting frozen constantly, one browser crash and the game sometimes loading in a browser and sometimes not loading in the same browser, and this becomes just a test of patience and that's just no fun sad.gif

The Magelight Pygmy was so precious! Nice way to come home from a stressful two days :3 Especially when I see my cute eggies have hatched! ^.^

Could we adopt a Magelight Pygmy?

Spoiler:

Day 1 Get an axe, tree, decorate and water the tree. Done

Day 2 Searching the town for Buffy. Done

Day 3 Deliver Quark, Beans and Oil. Done

We only had 3 days? So i have all quest and i am up to date?

Day 3 Complete! So proud of myself for figuring that whole day out without having to check for hints lol

rolleyes.gif

I keep seeing a gnome ..

but when I get close ... it disappears

or is unreachable ...

hmmmm

cool.gif

We can only grab 2 of the new egg that releases on Christmas day right?

But we have an unlimited limit for past holiday dragons smile.gif

OK, could someone please help me out here?

Yesterday I was looking around for the cat. I'm in the North Nulhora area, where the path zig-zags up. I went past the sign since I saw there was a road there. Seeing the maps that are now put together, though, that path leads to nowhere. Regardless, the game does its thing like it's loading a new area (black screen with the loading bar). Now it's become "click continue->Game loads->game sees I'm in that spot and goes back to the loading screen again".

How do I reset in this situation or am I a goner?

Today's adventure was really fun! I loved the bridge puzzle (took me a moment to realize it was like the chicken, fox, and grain - and that spin at the end was cute!), and was so happy when Quark followed me around smile.gif Thanks again to the coders for this game!

We can only grab 2 of the new egg that releases on Christmas day right?

But we have an unlimited limit for past holiday dragons smile.gif

Yes, that's correct smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I probably would have enjoyed the bridge puzzle more if it weren't for the fact that the game chugs when in outdoor areas (I'm guessing because of the autosaves?). As is it just kind of felt frustrating because I spent a lot of time waiting for the lag to stop long enough to cross the bridge.

that was a fun little logic puzzle smile.gif

is everyone being 100% nice or 100% naughty in this game??

so far i've done all the nice options (psh, like i would keep a dragons cat xd.png )

i wonder if theres different rewards or badges after the game is complete for someone who is 100% naughty, 100% nice or an even split of nice & naughty.

or maybe i just play too many RPG's where you're choices effect the ending and hwo the game evolves (Fall Out anyone wub.gif )

Fun game! But the AP is just becoming depressing! WHY do people breed their beautiful Christmas dragons to such butt-ugly lineages? It just makes no sense. The ONE Holly I managed to grab was a piece of double drek, and I've had to toss back so many others that hunting the AP seems ridiculous. So many people have posted, "I'm really looking for a 2gen Holly!" - hah - those go for armslegs and CB metals.

OK, could someone please help me out here?

Yesterday I was looking around for the cat. I'm in the North Nulhora area, where the path zig-zags up. I went past the sign since I saw there was a road there. Seeing the maps that are now put together, though, that path leads to nowhere. Regardless, the game does its thing like it's loading a new area (black screen with the loading bar). Now it's become "click continue->Game loads->game sees I'm in that spot and goes back to the loading screen again".

How do I reset in this situation or am I a goner?

You probably went out-of-bounds. Refresh your page and spam-click the "Out of bounds" link before the page fully loads; then try refreshing once more. It's likely you'll have to restart the day you were working on, but your char should be back at your house and unstuck.

Fun game! But the AP is just becoming depressing! WHY do people breed their beautiful Christmas dragons to such butt-ugly lineages? It just makes no sense. The ONE Holly I managed to grab was a piece of double drek, and I've had to toss back so many others that hunting the AP seems ridiculous. So many people have posted, "I'm really looking for a 2gen Holly!" - hah - those go for armslegs and CB metals.

Everyone is hoping for that one in a million shot at an autoabandoned 2g from a multiclutch. I'm not actually sure even arms/legs/CB metals can produce a trade at this point, so the autoabandons are all most people have left. tongue.gif

Is it official that there will be no Raffle this year?

I love the game too, and don't seem to be having the tech difficulties others talk about. But I missed out on the opossum! So far have been 'Nice'. That could change.

Gotta agree about those stupidly ugly Xmas lines - just, WHYYY??

Yesterday I did the event on my computer and completed day 2. Now I switched to my iPad and I have to do day 2 again. Not a big deal, just though it would transfer.

EDIT: Had to restart day 2 after I looked at the vase in the Mining outpost, after almost finishing day 3. This is pretty glitchy on mobile.

Edited by Meg_752

i hope theres a raffle this year. 99% of my time on DC is trading and breeding prize dragons xd.png i'd love to get a CB prize of my own with a code named after my dog that went over the rainbow bridge in November.

just found about about Mistletoes being influence 0.0 i caught mine in time before it hatched xd.png now i'm just anxiously waiting to make sure my Sosltice babies go rosy like they should *nods*

every holiday season i'm torn on the ugly lineages. when i catch one i always just sigh and ask myself why someone would breed it. especially if its a CB holiday bred to some inbred 12th gen common xd.png

but then i remember that some people dont care about lineages, and others do it as a protest to lineages. and that there is no real proper way to play this game xd.png

so in the end, i just really hope that one day TJ will code the AP so that when we pick up and toss back an egg, we dont have to worry about even seeing the egg we just tossed back for a few minutes so we dont pick the same thing up over and over trying to find a decent line from a certain breed to collect and continue the lineage with.

i've also considered using my vamps on those eggs a few times ... but the possibility of dead eggs taking up a slot keeps me from doing it xd.png

You probably went out-of-bounds. Refresh your page and spam-click the "Out of bounds" link before the page fully loads; then try refreshing once more. It's likely you'll have to restart the day you were working on, but your char should be back at your house and unstuck.

Could you tell me where exactly that is? I'm looking at the screen and drawing a blank. Is it a specific location on the screen?