TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

What a day!! Exhausted but happy!! Thanks to everyone who made this event great!!

I'm still stuck on day 2 (Quark), after I had completed days 3 and 4. I've tried cleaning cache, refreshing, and still can't get past day 2. I want to finish all the stories. Any other suggestions? Plz help.

Quark is day 3. Also, if you've completed a day without completing a prior day then your game has bugged, it might effect future quest completion, and you should send either me or birdzgoboom a detailed report of the problem(s) you are having. A new day should never start before you have completed the previous day's quest.

I have to say, I love this years event. I hope to see it return next year if it's not a permanent playable feature.

The tree is mostly to let you know if you made the naughty (droopy) or nice (healthy) choice. I don't think anything actually happens to your tree if you forget to water it. ^^;;

Oh, that's interesting. I've been all nice (ha - not like real life wink.gif ) so I hadn't seen any changes. Thank you for that tidbit!

I keep reading about all these people buying the other items from the store, exploring around and talking to other characters...and here I am - a little afraid to do anything outside of what needs to be done each day (ex. buying the other items from the store at any time) on the off chance it screws something up for a later day [had this happen in another game I was playing, did an objective ahead of when I should have - and then it never validated or allowed me to complete the task once I got to it due to the event being a one-time deal])

Still having a lot of fun with this event as a whole despite the occasional little glitch (the main 'glitch' I keep encountering is hitting an invisible wall when walking in an area with a lot of decorations around it)

Whew, irritating night with little cousins and rain. But my eggs finally hatched and just got my pair of the new Holiday eggs. I love how they look! Wish we were able to get more.

Why are there so many Snow Angels in the AP?

It's almost a wall!

Why are there so many Snow Angels in the AP?

It's almost a wall!

I think its because a lot of people in past years caught a lot of them and raised them to adults and/or breed a lot of them in trying to get the other wing patterns (not realizing that they will only ever have one variant).

Though I've also seen walls of other Holiday Dragons in the past (seem to recall a wall of Wrapping Wings and Winter Magis last year as well) - but I will agree the Snow Angels do seem to take up a lot of space of the AP.

I think its because a lot of people in past years caught a lot of them and raised them to adults and/or breed a lot of them in trying to get the other wing patterns (not realizing that they will only ever have one variant).

Though I've also seen walls of other Holiday Dragons in the past (seem to recall a wall of Wrapping Wings and Winter Magis last year as well) - but I will agree the Snow Angels do seem to take up a lot of space of the AP.

I think it's a bit of the reverse--since people can only get one wing color, people who focus on lineage building and want lines of all the same color tend to avoid the other colors. Personally I like all the variants but rarely choose to keep ones from non-tricolor lines because I feel like I'm wasting them. xc

I think it's a bit of the reverse--since people can only get one wing color, people who focus on lineage building and want lines of all the same color tend to avoid the other colors. Personally I like all the variants but rarely choose to keep ones from non-tricolor lines because I feel like I'm wasting them. xc

This is me. In the past, I would sometimes keep Snow Angels of the "wrong" wing type, especially because my scroll is coded for my least favorite wing type. Now that I have quite a few Snow Angels, I only keep those with my scroll's wing type because I don't want to mess up a pretty lineage by having the wrong wings. I actually do the same with Alt Sweetling lineages at Valentine's.

There were walls of Yulebucks and Ribbon Dancers earlier in the event. I actually had an easier time find neat Snow Angels, but they do seem to cycle more times and I think people looking for a specific wing variation.

ETA: Based on the times of the eggs I see in the AP now, the 2G Holly eggs I bred should hit the AP soon. I'm sure I'm not the only one so there is still hope. Good luck, Holly hunters!

Edited by sfts

trying and failing to get a holly from the ap

sad.gif

me too

at least keepable ones

unnamed and dead lines .... ugh !!

Does anything bad happen if you accidentally decline to help? sad.gif I didn't mean to, honest! I was hitting space to go through the dialogue and suddenly realized I'd said no...

Does anything bad happen if you accidentally decline to help? sad.gif I didn't mean to, honest! I was hitting space to go through the dialogue and suddenly realized I'd said no...

Nah, you just get a naughty point.

I'm stuck on the reindeer quest, I can't figure out how to reach them. I figured out the icy pond but once past there where do I go to get around to where the reindeer are?

Edited by RowanDreamer

I'm stuck on the reindeer quest, I can't figure out how to reach them. I figured out the icy pond but once past there where do I go to get around to where the reindeer are?

Try interacting with the snowdrifts.

I have been trying and I'm getting frustrated. I can't go up the frozen river, or if I can then I haven't figured out how, I can't interact with the fence to get through that way, and there's no way through the tree and rock maze area that I can find. I just can't figure out how to go forward. Am I supposed to have some tool that lets me through somewhere? I just need some kind of hint because I've been stuck for over an hour. I've tried everything I can think of.

Edited by RowanDreamer

I have been trying and I'm getting frustrated. I can't go up the frozen river, or if I can then I haven't figured out how, and there's no way through the tree and rock maze area that I can find. I just can't figure out how to go forward. Am I supposed to have some tool that lets me through somewhere? I just need some kind of hint because I've been stuck for over an hour. I've tried everything I can think of. Is it just that the way out of the maze is touchy and that's why I haven't found it yet?

The frozen river is a waterfall, you can't climb it.

You have to slide around on the ice to get to the exit, and then navigate the woods similarly. There's some guides on the DC wiki showing how to, I believe.

Oh, didn't realize you were stuck in the forest part. You can walk behind the tops of the big trees, hopefully that'll help you get unstuck.

I have been trying and I'm getting frustrated. I can't go up the frozen river, or if I can then I haven't figured out how, I can't interact with the fence to get through that way, and there's no way through the tree and rock maze area that I can find. I just can't figure out how to go forward. Am I supposed to have some tool that lets me through somewhere? I just need some kind of hint because I've been stuck for over an hour. I've tried everything I can think of.

Check out page 83 of this thread if you want maps showing how to get through the maze.

This little game was so cute!! <3 I really had a good time with the Holiday Party this year.

So it is just touchy to get through, you need a running start to get over the last bit. Thanks!

Edited by RowanDreamer

Quick question: is the minigame only for a couple more hours, or until the holiday drop stops in two days? smile.gif

Thanks in advance for any info!

Quick question: is the minigame only for a couple more hours, or until the holiday drop stops in two days? smile.gif

Thanks in advance for any info!

I believe it's through next week.