TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I chose the second option "Keep" after seeing the forum and I hope that if people change things so that all of y'all who wanted to be nice and ended up keeping when you wanted to give, then for people like me who chose "Keep" to get around that naughty switchup, I hope we don't get rewritten as well to being naughty. D: I'm trying for 100% good here too. ;;-;;

I've liked the other parts of the game, but I'm really getting sick of pushing snowballs around. No wonder Vala isn't helping. sad.gif

The Naughty/Nice option confusion has been fixed and electing to return the item should now correctly grant you a nice completion for the day. Thanks everyone for your reports!

Thanks a million Odeen! Nice Christmas present especially if retroactive biggrin.gif

edit: guess not...at least not yet...

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

i'm still redoing snowballs. *sigh*

but came here and read about the bug, so i'm glad i was slow to start today and that the bug is now fixed, because i'm trying to be nice all the way rolleyes.gif

I could push it left and right by standing a bit above it instead of directly beside it.

That worked for me, thanks!

But mine 'day completed' and now my tree is still droopy, I don't have the option to do over/go back. He just says hi, and no mention of the pocketwatch. Is it possible for someone to reset my day??

I don't want to keep the pocketwatch though since in story, it was the only thing left the character(s) had in memory of their grandfather. I really don't like the fact that I ended up keeping it. sad.gif

I really want to change that--seeing the watch in my bag still just makes me sad cause I know this feeling of having something that belongs to someone close who has passed. That is something I really cannot forgive in my character/game now..

Plus my tree is droopy and I don't like that.

Yeah I feel the same, but I don't think we can do anything about it unless they restart the day for everyone once it's fixed. :c

The Naughty/Nice option confusion has been fixed and electing to return the item should now correctly grant you a nice completion for the day. Thanks everyone for your reports!

There is no way for us to see the reaction from Vala still, though, right? mellow.gif Le sigh...

So, was anyone else able to predict to whom the watch likely belonged to? I had guessed either Luid, Rita or Vala. Luid because he lost his wife and so it might have been a memento; Rita because she's apparently grumpy and maybe it was a sentimental object for her. Vala, well, as his mom mentioned... *Shrugs*

Pushing snowballs around trying not to hit anything was pure hell. D: It's supposed to be easy, but my character keeps randomly deciding to run off in one direction even if I'm just tapping the key in a vain hope that maybe it'll prevent the game from thinking I'm holding the key down several seconds after I've let it go. I did get through it after a little while, but...ick. That was not fun at all. I wish I knew why the game locks up like that, since the game would be a lot easier to play if my character wasn't prone to dashing off without my continued input.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Why can't I get to the third snowball? I keep trying, but I can't seem to get near to it.

You move two of the snowballs towards the third. You don't move the one that is not in the maze.

I may be misunderstanding, though. xP More description as to what you mean? Once you push the balls close enough to the base, they should magically float up to build a snowman!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hold on. I do not understand. Is this fixed already for the ones who played earlier or only for those who will play after the bug has been caught? My tree is still droopy and the watch is still in mah inventory.

Is VALA suppose to still be there after the "Day Complete!" & say "that he is building snowman and could we help him, please"?

My tree is still droopy, Vala asks to help with the snowman even though it's already built, and the watch is still in my inventory. sad.gif

Well... I just gave him the watch and I have a droopy tree. rolleyes.gif

Thanks, Sock. I was slow on the uptake, but finally figured it out by accident. wink.gif

Hold on. I do not understand. Is this fixed already for the ones who played earlier or only for those who will play after the bug has been caught? My tree is still droopy and the watch is still in mah inventory.

"should now correctly" implies that the option is correct now. Those of us that ended up with the mismatched option are likely stuck with it. It's just one day out of many, though. =)

I... realize it's a bit obnoxious, but since it's still really early in the day, can the day simply be reset for everyone so people can choose the option they really intended?

Actually as an alternative, a 'day reset' button might be nice.

I... realize it's a bit obnoxious, but since it's still really early in the day, can the day simply be reset for everyone so people can choose the option they really intended?

Actually as an alternative, a 'day reset' button might be nice.

Day reset button is better.

@Odeen: Glad to hear the bug has been fixed! :3 Though now when I try to redo what I've done, he just stands by the snowball area and the snowman is already completed, so I can't give back the watch =/ Does that mean my choice will stay, even though I want to fix it? =(

Day reset button is better.

Agreed because I am NOT building that snowman again, LOL. It really is just one day. In the long term, that really shouldn't affect you if you've been making majority naughty OR nice choices. it'll mostly affect folks who have about an even amount of each. o3o

I wish now that I had waited until morning like I usually do. Then the glitch would have been fixed and I wouldn't be left feeling guilty about keeping poor VALA's watch. sad.gif I really wish there was some way to get a do-over!

Aw man. sad.gif Apparently it wasn't fixed quite yet...because I got the naughty choice too even after selecting to 'give the watch back'. *Sad* I was going for all nice...and the pocket watch thing hit kind of close to home for me too. >_<

I would prefer a button for those who want to reset the days, since it took me way too long to get the game to cooperate enough to build the snowman. Not again, please. X_X

I'd be happy with a one time reset/do over.

"should now correctly" implies that the option is correct now. Those of us that ended up with the mismatched option are likely stuck with it. It's just one day out of many, though. =)

ohmy.gif Oh, alright. *is in shock* Thanks, Sock, for the clarification. *shrugs* Ah well, I don't mind being naughty once in a while. xd.png I get to have a cute cat and a beautiful Pocket Watch to keep. I know God knows I've been wanting to return the Pocket Watch since the time I've found it, and He is willing to forgive me for keeping the Watch by mistake. I'll return it to Vala in the New Year.