TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

damn, I was half right about the skeleton dragon..... it has skeletal designs....... but not an actual skeleton dragon xd.png

so close

Love the adults (especially the female) and the description.

I'm speechless. They look like mythological beasts yay no spiders! and less creepy than I thought. Great, Infinis.

I should've kept all the eggs for myself... but no, I can always do so next year!

Woooooow, way to go Infinis!!! They look like dark angels of death with those feathered wings, love these guys SO MUCH!

(These could pair so well with Radiant Angels xd.png)

Edited by bluesonic1

I'm really glad I kept all my eggs / hatchies. Wasn't too fond of the hatchies with those big bright red eyes, but the adults are amazing! I would hunt for more but I think 12 should suffice..

Oh, I like these ones, very very much!!! Gorgeous!! And I was able to get the names I wanted for them.

Gratz to the artist.

I also got a few cool lineages from the ap (got a Halloween x silver dragon with the x shaped wings... I cant think of their name xd.png)

Wow! Really cool! I also like the female just a squink better, but both are fabulous. Thanks!

Got 5 of 8 named, still working on the last ones.

Beautiful! Those wings are exquisite, and detail's great. Wonder what mates they'd go well with... I'm thinking Radiant Angels, because wings.

Absolutely LOVE these guys <3 Big-time congratulations, Infi, and thank you for giving us these awesome dragons! I love their descriptions c:

Cool adults! I'll never remember that name "Caligene" though.

The Caligene Dragons are most beautiful. Thank you Infinis!

user posted image

Is it only me ... or do the dragons Totally remind me of ...

Me too! That had already been the first thing I thought of when I had seen the eggs laugh.gif

The adults look neat, their wings are gorgeous!

Thanks spriters, TJ and everyone for this great Halloween event =)

Edited by Chococat0815

Oh man. Such mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I adore the dragons themselves. I think they're incredibly awesome.

On the other hand... just because it's death-related doesn't make it Halloweeny and I honestly feel like these guys don't make a good Halloween species. They just don't look/feel like a Halloween species to me. I would've adored them without qualification as a normal release, but for Halloween... I dunno. Something just doesn't sit right.

If the highlights/accents were orange instead of gold that might've helped, or even silver or purple or some other even somewhat traditional Halloween color... or maybe if the skeleton markings were a lot more obvious... but as it is the combination of nontraditional color AND nontraditional design just makes it not feel very Halloween to me. Again, just because it relates to death doesn't make it Halloweeny, at least not IMO. Honestly I get way more of an Ancient Egypt vibe from these guys. Which, again, please don't misunderstand - the dragons themselves are completely kickass. But I also find myself feeling a little bit... maybe disappointed is the wrong word. Let down doesn't feel quite right either. But there 's definitely sort of an, "... Oh." feeling in there.

Which really makes me sad, because everything else about these beauties is exactly the sort of thing I adore. Antlers/antler-like horns. Gold-accented black. Deathly aspect. I'd've LOVED to see these as, like, a January or February dead-of-winter normal release, something to emphasize the darkness of the winter season, or perhaps in high summer as the sun bakes things to dry skeletons. In short, I see the death thing very strongly, but somehow it just doesn't translate to Halloween for me. I'm sure this is just a personal reaction on my part and probably not very common one, but FWIW it's how I feel.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I like the female more than the male, though they are both very nice. I love the feathered wings and colors. But the males wings look like they start too far down the body. Like they attach in the mid back instead of the shoulder area. That could just be me though. Other than that they are both really cool.

Oh these look great. I realy like the female sprite. These will be my second fave halloween dragons, right after the marrows. I think I will need some time to not forget their name. Thanks Infinis!

Edited by SilverQuetzal