TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

I think these ones could look nice with Black Tea dragons. :3 It's nice to have another brownish breed.

Yay! Traded two of my Forest ones for one from the Alpine and one from the Coast, so now I have one from each Biome + a second Forest to gift away as I only collect six of each Halloween breed. :)

Now to log off the Internet for today so I can man the front door for the little (and little at heart) costumed boos and ghouls! :D Though it started to rain here barely five minutes ago so we'll see how the night goes...

Edited by Denwayasha

Dog with wings is what I'm thinking of.

It can't be a drake, it can be vampired.

It can't be a pygmy, overall different appearence.

Looks canine at first than grows more avian features.

Hmmm

I can't believe I almost forgot to grab my eggs today! Thank heavens I didn't miss them--those eggs are awesome and the hatchies are adorable so far!

I've only just realised these hatchies had dimorphism. I must've missed it the first time!

Such subtlety is really nice to see; we usually have vast differences between them, or none at all!

Have 6 new ones, will pick up the last when the last Cave Lurker hatches. Bred & dropped all my remaining PB Pumpkins (9 pairs, 24 eggs). Now to finish off the other Halloweens...

Edit: Okay...I take that back...no sooner had I posted my original message I got the new egg xd.png

Edited by Anaria

Edit: Okay...I take that back...no sooner had I posted my original message I got the new egg xd.png

Any time you can't catch new eggs and post about this, it generally works like an appeal to the Dragon Gods - surprising how often this occurs! smile.gif

Four-eyed, evil crow-dog looking things. xd.png I love them!

im having a huge issue with the treats this year @___@ they aren't appearing every 5 minutes for me like they have for the past 4 years, and it's making me really afraid I won't get them all. has anyone else had this issue? and it isnt that i havent been checking multiple pages, i have been. but they wont show up...

im having a huge issue with the treats this year @___@ they aren't appearing every 5 minutes for me like they have for the past 4 years, and it's making me really afraid I won't get them all. has anyone else had this issue? and it isnt that i havent been checking multiple pages, i have been. but they wont show up...

i think they show up every 12 minutes not 5

It seems I'm experiencing the same. I'm not at home right now but I've been online for about an hour and half and I think I grabbed about 4 or 5 (in that time)

So I was super excited to get two more zombies so I got one and then tried to kill another but when I revived it it was successful but it didn't transform into a zombie. I didn't realize I can only revive a dragon once so I killed it again. So I pretty much just killed one of my dragons for no reason. xd.png Good thing it was a common.

At first, the babies reminded me of perytons, but they're more avian and less cervine, and photophobic on top of that... *rubs chin*

;_; if this is the case, i'm screwed this year. which really does suck and is irritating because i know for a fact i've been able to pick them up every 5 minutes in the past years. it's why i have the routine in the first place to just jump on around 9 cave time and finish up the ones i dont have yet...

but it does appear that i havent been able to grab them consistently on 5 minute marks... which means this will be the first time i dont get all of the treats. -sighs- great.

Wondering... how did you find out that would be 12 minutes? Just curious.

Waiting on one stubborn pumpkin to hatch, and then I'll be able to grab a 7th new egg. I'm reserving judgement on the hatchlings--I liked the s1 but the s2 is less to my taste, so I'm apprehensive about the adults. The eggs are awesome, though.

lag hit super hard all of a sudden and I still don't have all the treats

wish it would have stayed at dropping every 5 minutes instead of every 12 minutes

I'm kinda hoping the adult switches it up a bit and is a lighter color. Don't get me wrong, I love our black-based dragons, but sometimes the dark colors make it hard for me to see details. Like this 2nd-stage hatchie here. I have to get like 5 inches from the monitor to see the feathers, otherwise they just look like faint streaks. My eyesight can't be *that* bad, can it?

I've screenshot-ed all my potioned dragons, they look so cool! This has been a really fun event.

Edited by Marie19R

Grabed 5 eggs this afternoon, took an unintended nap, and just spent the last hour scrambling for eggs. It seems like quite a lot of people are doing the same, because I haven't gotten any more and the drops are tapering off pretty quickly, which sucks. I couldn't grab any at the hour drop just now, and now there's only one hour drop left. Man, I'm not even doing any actual Halloweening, at least gimme this, DC :T

Say, in the EDT time zone (which is the same as that of Dragon Cave), summer time switches to winter time tonight. Does that mean that Halloween will last an hour longer this year (on Dragon Cave at least, that is)? :3

Say, in the EDT time zone (which is the same as that of Dragon Cave), summer time switches to winter time tonight. Does that mean that Halloween will last an hour longer this year (on Dragon Cave at least, that is)? :3

The official time to switch the clock is 2 am. It shouldn't have any effect on DC time before then.

I have to get like 5 inches from the monitor to see the feathers, otherwise they just look like faint streaks. My eyesight can't be *that* bad, can it?

It could be that it's a dark sprite and it's on a light background? Typically with darker sprites, it helps to view them on a dark background, then you can get a better sense of the colors and all the nice details. I've found that these hatchlings look gorgeous on a dark reddish brown background. They don't even appear black to me.