TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Try to use only one hatchery and then when your dragons are older add it to a second until you have added it to the number that you are used to.

That's actually what I do, they were old enough to be added to one or two more hatcheries like I normally do with my eggs. I suppose maybe I did add them to too many with a holiday release going on and as was said, hatcheries being more active. I haven't quite gotten the hang of the differences between releases yet.

I have them (and my other eggs too) fogged now, so they'll get better, probably.

Thanks, everyone, for your advice and knowledge. I'll check things out.

PS: This might be a really, really stupid question, but an incu-hatch attempt would be a bad idea with a sick egg, right?

Edited by Loki.Dottir

I grabbed two and they died overnight because I posted them in two hatcheries yesterday. Grabbed two more and figured one hatchery wouldn't be a problem, but nope! They got sick again. I managed to save one, but I don't know about the other one. I definitely won't be putting them in any more hatcheries until tomorrow. wacko.gif

PS: This might be a really, really stupid question, but would an incu-hatch attempt be successful with a sick egg or not?

The problem with eggs getting sick isn't the time it has left until hatching, but the moment it was laid. If you have an egg that has 6 days and 19 hours left and incubate it to make it have 5 days and 19 hours, it's still too young to be put into hatcheries. The age of the egg still stays the same (five hours) even though you have decreased its time left by an entire day. So be extra careful. smile.gif

Edit: Looks like the eggs are constantly dropping in the biomes, so if anyone had problems with getting them before, they are sure to catch them now...

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I feel like a boss now.

I got one of all the old eggs, and three of the new one. Plus a chicken.

You got a chicken? Lucky. I saw 2 during the event but was locked with Halloween eggs.

The problem with eggs getting sick isn't the time it has left until hatching, but the moment it was laid. If you have an egg that has 6 days and 19 hours left and incubate it to make it have 5 days and 19 hours, it's still too young to be put into hatcheries. The age of the egg still stays the same (five hours) even though you have decreased its time left by an entire day. So be extra careful. smile.gif

Edit: Looks like the eggs are constantly dropping in the biomes, so if anyone had problems with getting them before, they are sure to catch them now...

Well, that makes sense. but the eggs that are sick here are 4 days and 9 hours, and I've forgotten if I incubated them or not. I'll have to unfog them and check, I guess. And, I've added 7 day eggs to a single low-traffic hatchery and they hardly ever get sick.

Edit: Huh, I guess I did incubate them and forgot that I did so. dry.gif Boy has it been a hectic couple of days for me. that's probably why I forgot.

I've been playing this game for over a year, so I know the basics of it and some other general things, just not everything about the workings of it. So thank you for your info, and thanks to everyone else for being helpful too.

From now on, on holidays, I'll keep my precious eggies hidden during the release, just to be safe. even if this wasn't actually a view-bombing.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

Bwahahaha. 4/6 of my new eggs are Z codes, and I have one more I need to grab in an hour when my last egg hatches. *pokes it with a stick*

Then in about 5 hours it's time to start begging someone to swap eggs with me so I can have all 7 with z codes. wink.gif

Waiting until evening on Halloween but before the mad dash at the end is the best way to grab eggs, rather than being crushed by the swarm at midnight. Yes good.

2/20 zombie attempts succeeded. Bah. None of my adults zombified this year. Laaaaaame. I ran out of dead things.

Well, that makes sense. but the eggs that are sick here are 4 days and 9 hours, and I've forgotten if I incubated them or not.

If you do not remember, there's an easy way to check: your Action Log.

If you do not remember, there's an easy way to check: your Action Log.

Thanks, I guess I should have noticed that. =P

Is it just me or does the pale shadow on these eggs look like Elmo waving at you? My 13 year old grandson pointed that out to me and now that's all I can see when I look at the eggs.

Hmm, I zoomed in and now I can see what appears to be double-eyes on the hatchies. A spider-inspired dragon would be so cool! I mean, I totally hate spiders, but not DC-spiders!

I want to see the adults now! *waits impatiently* *has a long time to wait*

I love how avian the S2 hatchlings are! I also dropped a total of 7 new release eggs into the AP, so hopefully I'll be able to get at least one more once mine hatch to complete my 4 pair goal. happy.gif

Love the sprites so much I can't wait to see what the adults will look like biggrin.gif

During holidays, hatcheries will always have a lot more traffic than usual. This also happens during new releases. Check all the active hatcheries in the fan site section and see if your scroll is in any that you did not add.

Example:

Say that you added your eggs in EATW and AoD, but you found it in Silvi's and Valley Sherwood. That's a viewbombing attempt.

Interesting - I'd have said it would be the other way around. I put brand-new eggs into Silvi's, (as well as DDF) because it's lower-View, and add in Valley Sherwood when they reach 6 1/2 days, because it's also lower-View, and would never myself (although AOND's Viewership has also Dropped with that of other fansites) put new eggs in one, never mind two, typically higher-View sites like AOND and EATW, the latter having been frequently used in the past for View-bombing attempts precisely because it's higher-View.

People putting eggs in Silvi's/Valley Sherwood sound to me more like people mistyping scroll names or new people/little kids trying to help, not realizing what a bad idea this could be.

But I also watch my eggs and Fog when I can't.

Not to mention that we've long been warned about variable Views during Releases, which had been quite low but jumped a good bit last night, not necessarily even from people running Viewers, a number which is still relatively low (Total Entries: 21087 - Users online: 21 around 7:30 PM Cave Time, when you'd expect more traffic) but from people providing incidental Views while entering eggs.

If we all regularly gave Views to the fansites we used, we'd normally only need to use one, maybe two, but adding new eggs to multiple fansites (especially if higher-View, although the current incarnation of AOND does have fewer Viewers than once it did) and leaving them overnight is never a good idea to begin with, even if not during a Release.

It's pretty cool how so many of us perceive the new Halloween hatchies differently. Upon first seeing them, I thought 'deer-cat' (or Doberman, as did another commenter, those being THE most elegant lap-puppies ever, no matter their size,) but whatever, they do look very promising.

At any rate, many thanks to TJ, the spriters, our lovely and charming Mods and anyone else involved in this enjoyable Event! thumbs_up.png

Looks like the male has antlers. And i think i see feathers. Details are always hard to make out on the darker dragons,lol.

Oooh, loving the new dragon breed so far (and I can see the resemblance to griffons, as some people have pointed out). Looks like the gendered hatchlings might have horns of some kind, or maybe some feather tufts on their heads. Seeing as their egg description is "the pattern makes you uneasy", I'm kind of expecting them to have some emotional effect on other dragons. Maybe a sort of magical fear spell or something? blink.gif

Can't wait to see what they grow up into!

Welp, bred ALL my CB Halloweens to the AP. Now I just have to stay awake long enough for two of my eggs to hatch so that I can grab two last new Halloween eggies. *pokes them fretfully*