TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Right on! Don't let that calendar tell you what to do. tongue.gif

Hehe, you know it! It's still Halloween for me! in fact, isn't midnight the "Witching Hour"? laugh.gif I actually do that with holidays, sometimes they don't work out too well around my place, so I make the absolute most of them by setting my own time frame for them. tongue.gif

Now that I zoom in on the new eggs, I think I can see a dragon skull and several long legs... I had a crazy thought. What if... these new dragons are SKELETAL SPIDER DRAGONS?! blink.gifbiggrin.gif

(Unless those legs are actually feathers.)

Edited by Loki.Dottir

The hatchling isn't what I expected (I thought it'd be a skeletal fetus-y thing because of the symbol on the egg), but it's still very pretty. Black (or a very dark brown) and gold is a good color scheme, and extra eyes are one of my favorite monster aesthetics.

So glad I was able to grab my load of eggs before it ended, I almost forgot. tongue.gif

Edited by majors

I must say that this year it was harder to catch the new Halloween eggs. ..

I have only 3 ...

Edited by aneles

It seems that in the Halloween event thread, there is no credit for who made Ice Thyme and Twilit Moss.

Also, who made the sparkly effect on the dragons for the sparkly potion that made the dragon sparkly?

I still wish the event effects lasted the full 24 hours though. At least I got some eggs. AND A LEETLE TREE! biggrin.gif

And it's...mostly over. We've still gotta see how these new dragons look! But the event was fun, and I'm excited already for the next one. :3

I completely missed the new dragons :S Please take trading to the Trading section. There are also gifting threads in the trading section.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I find it....amusing that people are saying they only got two or three, when some probabl didn't get any. I will, in the end, only have three myself, as I'm giving four away to people. I managed to get a third for myself when my cheese hatched and there was still time (YAY).

I also managed to get one of each gender of the other halloween dragons from previous years, so I"m happy. Good lineages, so I'll be continuing them next year especially if I manage to get a caveborn gold.

Does the same thing happen at Christmas time with the holiday dragons?

I wonder if the wall of Halloweens will stay up until they are all gone or will the other dragons integrate.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess I didn't pay enough attention in the past years to remember what happened with all the Halloween eggs bred close to the end of the event....

Watch the AP, several people dropped new ones to the AP & then picked up more.

I dropped my first batch of 7 New Releases to the AP, and I'm not even one of the fast catchers, so probably a fair number of people did that, I hope. It's unfortunate that there wasn't a steady Flood so that the lag could have been reduced more quickly and so that people could catch them... but, yeah, if you missed out, try the AP, and I'd guess that they'll be in with the last day's worth of Halloweens.

Edit: in previous years, the Holiday Walls stayed, I think, until taken, as I recall complaints from those not much into Holiday dragons. But those who forgot about DC Halloween will presumably be in there getting at least something and I know that I'm hoping to have a chance to grab more myself, just not all that sure that it'll last another day or so until my new ones hatch.

Edited by Syphoneira

I can't believe I missed the new drop. This is the first event dragon I've missed since starting DC back in late-Feb 2009. sad.gif

I can't believe I missed the new drop. This is the first event dragon I've missed since starting DC back in late-Feb 2009. sad.gif

A couple of us picked up some up to drop them in the AP ~5 hours later! Watching the AP, there should be some eggs moving through!

It seems that in the Halloween event thread, there is no credit for who made Ice Thyme and Twilit Moss.

Also, who made the sparkly effect on the dragons for the sparkly potion that made the dragon sparkly?

Feexed!

The sparkly potion effect was in the post - it's just basically invisible on the forum backgrounds. xP

~

Yep, good thing I abandoned those extra bred eggs to grab this year's cbs. The ghost tour definitely landed us home too late for any more grabbing. xP

I completely spaced this morning before work!! I guess I'll have to trade for some of these guys.... Can't wait to see the adult sprites!

I dropped my first batch of 7 New Releases to the AP, and I'm not even one of the fast catchers, so probably a fair number of people did that, I hope.

Oh man, I've never thought of doing that! Of course, this year I got my eggs super late and nearly didn't get all of them, so I couldn't do this, but I gotta remember this for future holidays. Assuming my slow computer lets me Dx Do people do this for the limited CB holidays where you can only catch 2?

There's 3 days to get those, but I'm sure they do. ^^ I only ended up dropping 7 eggs into the AP, but hopefully they'll help some people out.

So will there be a chance over the next 24 to get one of the new Halloween eggs still or is that done now? I was rather hoping I'd be able to grab one at some point during the day but as my eggs didn't hatch in time I was a little sad that I missed out. Just wondering if they'll integrated into the biomes every so often?

They're done dropping in the biomes. You'll have to hunt the AP in the hopes of snagging one of the bunch that people like me dropped in there.

They're done dropping in the biomes. You'll have to hunt the AP in the hopes of snagging one of the bunch that people like me dropped in there.

Darn.

Oh well~ it was still fun.

And as I graze the AP for eggs fairly often I can happily do that. If I catch one, awesome~

If not, then to the one that caught it first, GO YOU~!

The hatchling isn't what I expected (I thought it'd be a skeletal fetus-y thing because of the symbol on the egg), but it's still very pretty. Black (or a very dark brown) and gold is a good color scheme, and extra eyes are one of my favorite monster aesthetics.

The egg marking is definitely not a fetus. xd.png

I can't wait till they grow ~

Oh man! How did I manage to miss this? I've never missed a holiday drop in all the time I've been on DC. So disappointed! sad.gif I can't believe it just totally slipped my mind.

Oh man, I've never thought of doing that! Of course, this year I got my eggs super late and nearly didn't get all of them, so I couldn't do this, but I gotta remember this for future holidays. Assuming my slow computer lets me Dx Do people do this for the limited CB holidays where you can only catch 2?

Probably, yes. If I remember correctly, Christmas and Valentines drops last three days, not just one. So there's more than enough time to catch those two eggs for yourself after you drop more into the AP for others.