TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I agree, but maybe the Valkemare moons have a much faster cycle that changes in different times during the day. I'll see if my theory for this works, and if it doesn't, I'll just fill my other slots with the currently available eggs. smile.gif

That's the question. Though it'd be a good idea to lock, just in case, and trade the "excessive" eggs with those people that missed the initial goldie eggs...

They look so lovely! I'm sure they will be really awesome dragons! happy.gif

Rotflol, I see someone else rememebers that advert! xd.png Now I want a big stack of Jaffa cakes. D:

Lovely eggs, I only have room for two right now. *pokes other eggs impatiently*

Pretty pretty! I managed to fill up my open slots at the 4am slot :3 Plus I have at least one from each biome. All are gold though. Can't wait until we can grab other colors! It'll be a month long period of discovery unless DC's moons wax/wane on a faster scale then Earth's moon :3

How long do these releases last for? I don't usually have to think about it, but I'm waiting on an egg to hatch. ^^;

That's the question. Though it'd be a good idea to lock, just in case, and trade the "excessive" eggs with those people that missed the initial goldie eggs...

That's what the new releases have as a problem - when a new release starts dropping in the cave, many people tend to trade some extra eggs for super rare things and take advantage of the fact that their rarity isn't established until some time after the release. Just like with the xenos two months ago.

Anyway, I'm not gonna hunt for any more of these until a significant time has passed for me to see if anything has changed with the Valkemare moons' cycle. Once we figure out how it works I'm sure it will be a piece of cake to plan when to hunt and what to aim for. smile.gif

Oh man, as lovely as I'm sure these are, I don't think I'll be using them for any breeding projects after I get the m/f sets for the collection. It's getting a bit too complicated for me. Seasonals are okay since they only change every three months, the day/night time reliant dragons, okay, easier to forget and mess up, especially if one's in a different time zone, but not too complicated. The biome dependent breeding is already too much for me, tbh.

Four different kinds for moonphases of TWO moons and they don't appear to correspond to rl moon phases either, so no checking the calendar... and who knows what other complications or restrictions they have for breeding specifically.

yes, I agree, it's getting so complicated, I have a real life too, Job, house, 4 Dogs, often booked Weekends, having to calculate when to breed what to get the lineages I want is getting a bit much...

And I so love creating lineages...

That's what the new releases have as a problem - when a new release starts dropping in the cave, many people tend to trade some extra eggs for super rare things and take advantage of the fact that their rarity isn't established until some time after the release. Just like with the xenos two months ago.

Anyway, I'm not gonna hunt for any more of these until a significant time has passed for me to see if anything has changed with the Valkemare moons' cycle. Once we figure out how it works I'm sure it will be a piece of cake to plan when to hunt and what to aim for. smile.gif

Completely agree, jus wish that didn't happen with the super over powered Xenos T__T

Now, by the way, what I'm wondering is if the two moons share cycles? I guess it's already a fact that both moons are in waning gibbous at the same time (in the month or whatever is set), but what about the other fases?

I mean like in Skyrim, sometimes you see just one moon in the sky and sometimes you see both moons in waning gibbous, smh...

Soooo....this is the first ALL MONTH "Monthly Drop".....? Wow.... laugh.gif

got 3 gold ones from alpine desert and volcano hope they will hatch differently :-))

thanks!

That's what the new releases have as a problem - when a new release starts dropping in the cave, many people tend to trade some extra eggs for super rare things and take advantage of the fact that their rarity isn't established until some time after the release.

I've stopped seeing that as a problem, and more of an opportunity - allowing players that can't usually catch/breed valuables to gamble on being able to replace any new releases they trade away before the ratios stabilize. wink.gif

Thanks ever so to TJ and the spriters for this lovely egg and the others I hope we all get to have enough of, lol.

And, of course, to our lovely and charming Mods, with extra-best wishes to our B-day Mod. smile.gif

Stay 21 forever, Socky! (Over time, I've found it saves having to count years on too many other hands laugh.gif )

Just managed to snatch one! Was wondering why all the locations had no eggs in them... Anyways, big thanks! biggrin.gif

I can barely keep track of earth's moon cycle, so this one is gonna be tricky for me xd.png. Having said that, the eggs are surpassingly lovely and I'm eager to see what they hatch into.

Does anyone know how often the 2 moons change phase? If there's any correlation with the speed of RL moon phases?

And, now that I think of it, the geographical location of the biomes could be a factor too?

I'm just rambling anyway but it'd be interesting to see.

Has anyone been paying attention to the little moon icon in the default skin in the past few weeks/months? I don't use it and can only find 1 screenshot of it, taken in April, where it is the same 'phase' image as now. I was wondering if we could sort of work out the phases from what it has previously been doing, assuming the mechanic for the image has been there a while.

Thank you TJ, thank you spriters, and happy birthday SockPuppet Strangler! biggrin.gif

Hahaha, thanks for sticking me in with the bold. =p

<3

Probably time of the month.

(PMS dragons?)

Nooooo, lol.

I guess we do have dragons we refer to as STD, though. rolleyes.gif

How long do these releases last for? I don't usually have to think about it, but I'm waiting on an egg to hatch. ^^;

Do you mean how long will the dragons be around or how long will they drop in mass?

They are permanent, they may drop in mass for half a day to a day. For the first few days they may be extremely common in drops. It depends on their ratios and how much users like them.

And, of course, to our lovely and charming Mods, with extra-best wishes to our B-day Mod. smile.gif

Stay 21 forever, Socky! (Over time, I've found it saves having to count years on too many other hands laugh.gif )

LOL, thanks! That is a much better method than my dad - who has switched to counting down the years until his probably death. rolleyes.gif

Does anyone know how often the 2 moons change phase? If there's any correlation with the speed of RL moon phases?

+

Has anyone been paying attention to the little moon icon in the default skin in the past few weeks/months?

Nope, no one that has posted yet has paid that close attention to the moon phase info.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

These are way too complicated... I doubt I'll get any more when the flood ends.

I hope the next release is simple without tons of alts or weird timing to keep track of.

Has anyone been paying attention to the little moon icon in the default skin in the past few weeks/months? I don't use it and can only find 1 screenshot of it, taken in April, where it is the same 'phase' image as now. I was wondering if we could sort of work out the phases from what it has previously been doing, assuming the mechanic for the image has been there a while.

The icon has always been a crescent moon, iirc. Which doesn't match the phase(s) currently listed if you open the time page, so the icon itself isn't useful for this.