TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

The icon has always been a crescent moon, iirc.  Which doesn't match the phase(s) currently listed if you open the time page, so the icon itself isn't useful for this.

I wonder if perhaps the phases haven't been programmed to show until now, having possibly been planned for something like this?

I'm going to hope, at any rate, lol.

Sorry to hear about your father, Socky, if he's serious about that! I know mine used to joke a lot...???

You'll have to get yours hooked on DC, then he'll be too busy complaining about the biomes not moving to worry about dying of anything but boredom! (Apart from at lovely Releases, of course.)

I wonder how the two moons will factor into it. I must admit I noticed the Time reference page before but I did check to see how often the moon phases changed.

if you clicked the link in the 'poster,' both moons were in the same phase. waning gibbous. i doubt the two moon thing will factor into it at all as they are in the same phase.

thanks for the release. i was hoping there would be one today as i held off for the last 2 days collecting/breeding eggs. so far i love the eggs and the moon phase thing is quite creative and different.

if you clicked the link in the 'poster,' both moons were in the same phase. waning gibbous. i doubt the two moon thing will factor into it at all as they are in the same phase.

thanks for the release. i was hoping there would be one today as i held off for the last 2 days collecting/breeding eggs. so far i love the eggs and the moon phase thing is quite creative and different.

Are they always in the same phase, though?

Nope, no one that has posted yet has paid that close attention to the moon phase info.

*starts paying attention to the moon phase icon*

Today I learned a lot about moon phases, let it not be said that playing DC is not educational lol.

Also, I prefer dragons with stange breeding/catching rules to "just another pretty sprite, lets move on, thank you". Not that I don't appreciate a pretty sprite, but we have so many breeds in the cave right now. If a dragon is not different it gets lost in the crowd.

Ack, missed the release. Shouldn't have gone to the movies.

But I'm happily egglocked now, two from the Alpine, two from the Desert and one from the Volcano. All incubated. Now for the wait. biggrin.gif

I think the description is going to be a magnet for misclicks. I look for the word metallic when hunting, and my god I am going to misclick this so many times.

I hope it's not going to be too hard to get the other three phases, all of mine are gold right now.

It's still Waning Gibbous, so it could really mean that the Valkemare moons follow the cycle of the Earth's moon, but that's yet to be seen so that we can be sure. smile.gif

I really don't get this... I guess we have to wait a few hours before catching the next set of eggs? ;p

Just a thought....but since the "full" moon is golden....maybe the silver one will be at new moon phase?? And the others at the half phases?

It could be that we will be catching them for a month, if the moons of DC follow Earth's moon pattern. It will be a release in 4 stages smile.gif

Still trying to figure all this out. Do the phases of the moon change according to the time of day or the actual moon(which means we'd have to wait for a few days for the next phase)?

It could be that we will be catching them for a month, if the moons of DC follow Earth's moon pattern. It will be a release in 4 stages smile.gif

That's what I've been thinking; just hope that they Drop well enough they'll be easy to catch, and ideally Flooded every weekend of the first month, as the next new colour appears.

They are pretty easy to catch right now, I caught another four. happy.gif

I bet they're commons. happy.gif

I hope they are, especially if the adults look as stunning as the eggs. It'll be fun to hoard them wub.gif

And what if the moon phases change on every seven days? So that we have a week to catch each of the new eggs and four weeks would fill up almost the entire month. That is also a possibility.

God, not knowing how this works is driving me crazy!