TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

They're metallic?

So cool.

I wan't expecting the release today. Only managed to catch two and now I'm egglocked. But at least I managed to see the release very early this time so I could catch those two. And my current group should hatch soon.

I'm happy for the new release but i can't figure it out how the moon thing work.

Join the club - I'm just hoping that other people do and explain, lol.

Edit: New eggs are Dropping in Alpine, desert and Volcano. smile.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Awww, the new dragon baby looks like a doggy scratching itself, so adorable! wub.gif

I think the description is going to be a magnet for misclicks. I look for the word metallic when hunting, and my god I am going to misclick this so many times.

I thought about the same thing when I saw their description. xd.png

so if i understand correctly these are different for each moon? or time of day? now theres only the yellow ones?

Ah, I love midnight releases on Saturdays. For me that usually means getting up after sleeping in a little, arriving a few hours into the release, when the worst frenzy has died down but the new eggs are still dropping exclusively, and catching while drinking my morning tea. smile.gif

These Lunar dragon's relation to the lunar cycle sounds really intriguing ! I'm always happy if dragons have some little special, and it gets even better by relating to the world of Valkemare ! And other than the seasonals these won't be such a pain to make lineages with - getting a chance to continue every month is fine to work with (waiting nine months - not so much). On top of that I like astronomy, so it's nice to have a dragon related to things celestial, imaginary or not.

As for the speculations about the different types - perhaps it is

white = full moon, yellow = waning, brown = new moon and blue = waxing ?

The only hiccup I see would be that technically the full-moon and new-moon version should only be available for a day, while the others would last two weeks each. (It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but I guess many players would differ). So perhaps the theory mentioned further up (sorry, I forgot whose post it was) is more likely: one colour for each week, with the full and new moon included in the one that occurred before or after.

Or it has something to do with the relations between the two moons, in which case I give up any speculating, and just wait to see. wink.gif

Oh, and technically the full moon this month doesn't occur until 2:37 pm cavetime (if I read the chart correctly), so maybe the phase of Valkemares moons will also change then (moving to new moon). That way we would have two types released in one go.

And last but not least: A very happy birthday to you, Sock ! Enjoy your very special birthday dragons, and have a great next year of life !!

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

What a nice surprise to wake up to! The eggs look lovely and I cant wait to try and get them all! Egglocked with 3 of the new ones so I may wait a little bit to see if there is any sort of change in them before grabbing more

As for the speculations about the different types - perhaps it is

white = full moon, yellow = waning, brown = new moon and blue = waxing ?

The only hiccup I see would be that technically the full-moon and new-moon version should only be available for a day, while the others would last two weeks each. (It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but I guess many players would differ). So perhaps the theory mentioned further up (sorry, I forgot whose post it was) is more likely: one colour for each week, with the full and new moon included in the one that occurred before or after.

Or it has something to do with the relations between the two moons, in which case I give up any speculating, and just wait to see. wink.gif

Oh, and technically the full moon this month doesn't occur until 2:37 pm cavetime (if I read the chart correctly), so maybe the phase of Valkemares moons will also change then (moving to new moon). That way we would have two types released in one go.

And last but not least: A very happy birthday to you, Sock ! Enjoy your very special birthday dragons, and have a great next year of life !!

Well the full moon for me is 19:35 tonight (12:00 now). DC's moons are already waning, so I don't think they're completely tied to our moon.

Just gonna quote my own post as a response to Lantean Pegagus, because I cba to rewrite it.

Just a theory...

If gold = waning gibbous, could the other eggs appear during waning crescent, waxing crescent, and waxing gibbous? New/full moon and first/third quarter could use either the colour of the preceding/succeeding phase, or both?

I.e. if blue is waxing gibbous and gold is waning, then the full moon would have blue eggs in the first scenario, or blue and gold in the second.

Edited by Ansela Jonla

Thanks so much, TJ and the awesome artist(s)that created these beauties! I'm locked with 7 now. These are very interesting. It'll be fun to find out how to get the other 3 colors. I'm hoping these will be rares...I associate 'metallic' with rares...hopefully, that holds true here. We haven't had a true rare in a long, loooong time. If they're not, well, like others have said, there will be a whole lot of misclicks in everyone's future.

The baby is adorable, like someone mentioned, it looks like a little dog giving himself a good scratch. lol

That EXTRA EGG SLOT you asked us about 20 years ago sure would come in REALLY handy right about now, TJ. smile.gif And in case you missed it, why YES, we WOULD like and appreciate it!

Good luck hunting, everyone!

Well the full moon for me is 19:35 tonight (12:00 now). DC's moons are already waning, so I don't think they're completely tied to our moon.

Yepp, about seven and a half hours from now, that will be 2:35 pm DC time.

I didn't intend to suggest that the moons of Valkemare are completely tied to our moon, I just thought that maybe they change their respective phases at the same time. In this case: When our moon goes from waxing to full, the Valkemare moons go from waning to new moon (which is their next stage).

And thanks for quoting, so everything is in one place ! smile.gif

OMG, the hatchy is SO ADORABLE! wub.gif

With reference to a previous comment, I'd hope that the new eggs wouldn't change over after only a day or two, making people who missed out wait a month to try to catch any of that colour.

Personally, I'm hoping that they'll change coliours on week-ends and in Floods, at least for the 1st month, so that hopefully everyone can get some easily.

Especially with such outstanding hatchies...

*iz in luv* wub.gif

Yepp, about seven and a half hours from now, that will be 2:35 pm DC time.

I didn't intend to suggest that the moons of Valkemare are completely tied to our moon, I just thought that maybe they change their respective phases at the same time. In this case: When our moon goes from waxing to full, the Valkemare moons go from waning to new moon (which is their next stage).

And thanks for quoting, so everything is in one place ! smile.gif

They're in waning gibbous right now, so they'd go to third quarter, then waning crescent before the new moon. Otherwise why bother being so specific?

It's so weird listening you guys discussing the RL moon as not being full yet, when I'm staring at it now and it's already at full tongue.gif

Also, congrats to LadyLyzar for the release wink.gif (at least the brown version anyway!)

Edited by bluesonic1

New eggs, hooray! A big thank you to everyone involved!

Caught 6 golden eggs so far, but my favourites are the blue and silver ones. I wish I knew when we're going to get these!

It's so weird listening you guys discussing the RL moon as not being full yet, when I'm staring at it now and it's already at full tongue.gif

Well, iirc there's little difference between the full moon and the gibbous moons either side of it to the naked eye.

Which is why some people who write werewolf stuff make them furry three nights of the month instead of one.

I think I might die.

August is my birthday month, and I am so connected to the moon, this is like a dream!

~~Wake me up when it's blue, because I'm hoarding you!~~

wub.gif

Well, iirc there's little difference between the full moon and the gibbous moons either side of it to the naked eye.

Which is why some people who write werewolf stuff make them furry three nights of the month instead of one.

Yeah I keep my moon counter close, and today is technically the correct full moon day although yesterday and tomorrow can also be considered full too.

I really like the new eggs. Congratulations to the Spriters. smile.gif

I´m excited to see them as hatchies.

And Happy Birthday to you @Sock!

Enjoy your special day. All the best for you!

happy.gif