TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I refresh through the cave each time yes, just struck me as odd as it seemed as a neverending egg in one batch

Might be obvious, but: Keep in mind there are lot of these eggs right now. Unless the code of the egg is the same, it's not actually the same egg, even if it's in the same slot and has the same description.

Edited by pinkgothic

Well, they sort between Luminas and Magis. Hmmmmm......

Well, they sort between Luminas and Magis. Hmmmmm......

Lunar something definitely. Maybe even Lunar dragons and nothing more. tongue.gif

I tried so hard to stay up 'til 3am, too. laugh.gif  At least I have one egg and a misclick now.

Wait... a misclick?! blink.gif Are they mixing in already?

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Ah, I love midnight releases on Saturdays. For me that usually means getting up after sleeping in a little, arriving a few hours into the release, when the worst frenzy has died down but the new eggs are still dropping exclusively, and catching while drinking my morning tea. smile.gif

These Lunar dragon's relation to the lunar cycle sounds really intriguing ! I'm always happy if dragons have some little special, and it gets even better by relating to the world of Valkemare ! And other than the seasonals these won't be such a pain to make lineages with - getting a chance to continue every month is fine to work with (waiting nine months - not so much). On top of that I like astronomy, so it's nice to have a dragon related to things celestial, imaginary or not.

As for the speculations about the different types - perhaps it is

white = full moon, yellow = waning, brown = new moon and blue = waxing ?

The only hiccup I see would be that technically the full-moon and new-moon version should only be available for a day, while the others would last two weeks each. (It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but I guess many players would differ). So perhaps the theory mentioned further up (sorry, I forgot whose post it was) is more likely: one colour for each week, with the full and new moon included in the one that occurred before or after.

Or it has something to do with the relations between the two moons, in which case I give up any speculating, and just wait to see. wink.gif

Oh, and technically the full moon this month doesn't occur until 2:37 pm cavetime (if I read the chart correctly), so maybe the phase of Valkemares moons will also change then (moving to new moon). That way we would have two types released in one go.

And last but not least: A very happy birthday to you, Sock ! Enjoy your very special birthday dragons, and have a great next year of life !!

That's an interesting theory.

Since there are two moons perhaps some colors appear when there's a certain cycle combo.

Like Aurax full moon - Cirion waxing moon... There are 4 colors so the combos are limited.

Lunar something definitely. Maybe even Lunar dragons and nothing more. tongue.gif

Wait... a misclick?! blink.gif Are they mixing in already?

I saw an Ember in the volcano an hour ago while hunting my eggs.

Where are they and what are the descriptions?

"This metallic egg shows faint iridescence in moonlight." - Apline, Desert, Volcano. Good luck hunting. wink.gif

Ahhhhh a new release and it's a LadyLyzar dragon! *starts shoving eggs into backpack*

Thanks for the new release, TJ. Caught four eggs from 3 different biomes, all gold thus far.

Wait, it's Socks' birthday today? Wow, I hope I get a new release for my birthday tongue.gif

*goes to prepare a cake*

Anyways, It's probably smart for me to wait until the next egg change before I go to grab another, with my limited space.

Happy Birthday, Socky! Are you enjoying your "birthday dragons"?

I went to bed instead of trying to stay up for these, so I haven't any yet. I'm sure I'll get mine soon. They're in all biomes, right? I'll have to spread out my catching so I get at least one of each gender from each biome then. (For potential copper breeding. Yay!)

edit: just saw someone who said where to look. Alpine, desert and volcano? No verdigris combos then. Sadfaec.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

If the dragons are as pretty as the eggs, I am going to have a new obsession. >_> I don't need a new obsession. It's fall soon. I need to focus on autumn seasonals. blink.gifunsure.gif

I wonder if they will be all opalescent like the egg. If so, they might be super-pretty with undines...of which I already have a bajilion. I'm such a sucker for opalescent sprites. GUH!

Thanks for the release!

Only one eggy so far and it seems people are only getting gold from what I can tell....

Oh no! Just got on (just woke up actually xd.png) and new eggs are already mixing? blink.gif I've seen a Canopy, A Frostbite, an Ember... and some others....

Edited by Clya

Managed to nab one from the volcano and one from the desert now just need one from the alpine and I'll at least have one from each dome.*giggles and facepalms over very NEARLY replacing the three dome areas with Moltara Lost Desert and Terror Mountain*

Thanks for the release!

Only one eggy so far and it seems people are only getting gold from what I can tell....

Oh no! Just got on (just woke up actually xd.png) and new eggs are already mixing? blink.gif I've seen a Canopy, A Frostbite, an Ember... and some others....

The only ones dropping so far are the gold eggs, so don't be so surprised. wink.gif

I'm more surprised by the fact that there are commons seen by more than just a few people... that soon? ohmy.gif

Yay! Thank you for the new release TJ and LadyLyzar (and any other spriters that may have worked on them ^-^ )

They look beautiful so far and I'm so excited :3

I grabbed 2 so far, one from Alpine and one from Volcano, only bad thing is that my five other eggs slots are full to the gills of iou eggs ;-; oh well, I can work with two smile.gif

Edit: at the moment I see the silver one hatched, so far my favorite :3

Edited by DevilAngelWolf27

Ahhhhh a new release and it's a LadyLyzar dragon! *starts shoving eggs into backpack*

TJ, can we pretty-please have that Time-Based Egg Slot you suggested NAOW?

These are going to be the sort of dragons we need a lot of and even if uber-Common may not be visible for most of us after the Release due to demand...

And many thanks to TJ for the Release and LadyLyzar for the pretties, which I really hope you had the decency to make darned Common, lol. The eggs are gorgeous, but the hatchies are amazing!

Thank God, my theory was wrong. The moon's cycle in high speed mode obviously does not apply to the Valkemare moons. I'd hate to be locked with these and not be able to pick other eggs (or at least more than one) for quite a while. sad.gif

Wow an hourly drop that lasted barely over two minutes? Could you SPARE the eggs??!

New eggs related to lunar phases? New eggs related to lunar phases!

NEW EGGS RELATED TO LUNAR PHASES?!

AWESOME!

I love all these new dragons with special colors. These are so going to be rare.

Also, does that mean we'll have to wait a whole month to get all the eggs? Someone post a lunar calender!

The theory of each moon affecting two type of color (one for CB and the other for bred) seems more plausible imo.

Edited by Kukuru

New eggs related to lunar phases? New eggs related to lunar phases!

NEW EGGS RELATED TO LUNAR PHASES?!

AWESOME!

I love all these new dragons with special colors. These are so going to be rare.

Also, does that mean we'll have to wait a whole month to get all the eggs? Someone post a lunar calender!

I think it has something to do with site's own personal moons, so unless someone knows the lunar phases of the two moons (you can click on the clock to see them) we are kinda guessing right now.

I'm seeing so many commons mixing in already... how could the flood end so soon? sad.gif I mean, the typical type of flood giving only the new breed.

OOH!

This is a just a theory so don't base anything off it, I'm just putting it out here.

What IF, we are seeing so many commons because the initial golden egg flood is ending and the other ones might become grab-able? Just a theory, probably wrong but I thought I might as well put it out there for you guys.

Edited by Clya

The theory of each moon affecting two type of color (one for CB and the other for bred) seems more plausible imo.

Soooo....you are thinking that only two of these eggies are going to be CB....and the other two can be gotten by breeding the the CB ones at the correct time of the moon phase?

Very interesting indeed, if true.