TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Just a theory...

If gold = waning gibbous, could the other eggs appear during waning crescent, waxing crescent, and waxing gibbous? New/full moon and first/third quarter could use either the colour of the preceding/succeeding phase, or both?

I.e. if blue is waxing gibbous and gold is waning, then the full moon would have blue eggs in the first scenario, or blue and gold in the second.

I had to abandon 3 caveborn Coppers in order to make room for some new eggs.  I hope that they are worth it.  smile.gif

I also hope that I will not have to wake up in the middle of the night (CET timezone) to grab the right type of eggs from the cave.

I guess at this point, you're hoping they're not going to be common xd.png

I think that the top right corner of DC shows the time. Right next to the log out button.

Only if one is using the Default skin. Anyone using other skins will not have a clock visible to them.

I guess at this point, you're hoping they're not going to be common xd.png

I dunno, if something as pretty as the xenos were super common, I wouldn't covet and hoard them any less. tongue.gif

I definitely should have waited until morning to do this, now I'm too excited to sleep! xd.png

I definitely should have waited until morning to do this, now I'm too excited to sleep! xd.png

-sings a soothing lullaby for Seghs-

Managed to lock myself with four. Will be interesting to see how these guys turn out, by the looks of it!

Welp, I'm off to bed! (At 3:34AM my time xd.png)

Hopefully I'll wake up around 10 or 11 and see some new colors! :3

Wow these new eggs are so different! can't wait to see all the colors they're going to be so unreal : ) Thank you TJ & Spriters for these new pretties!! : ) tongue.gif

Just woke up to find this and decided to almost scroll-lock myself with AP eggs. At this rate, I don't think the whole release will cover an entire moon cycle (approx, 29.5 days) so i'm happy to wait so I can get 2 of each cycle. But then Dragcave moon timings could be completely different.

Egg sprites are very nice, however. Looking forward to seeing the hatchies and adults!

Oh man, as lovely as I'm sure these are, I don't think I'll be using them for any breeding projects after I get the m/f sets for the collection. It's getting a bit too complicated for me. Seasonals are okay since they only change every three months, the day/night time reliant dragons, okay, easier to forget and mess up, especially if one's in a different time zone, but not too complicated. The biome dependent breeding is already too much for me, tbh.

Four different kinds for moonphases of TWO moons and they don't appear to correspond to rl moon phases either, so no checking the calendar... and who knows what other complications or restrictions they have for breeding specifically.

Definitely looking forward to what these grow into. Grabbed myself one gold from each biome, but I'd love to get some of those blue ones! Thanks again, TJ and spriters!

Got myself settled with three eggs of this first color for now. Just waiting to see cracks on those eggs up there!

I thought I was getting sick of these frequent releases but I really LOVE this one because it references Valkemare lore! biggrin.gif

I love how the world is more and more taking shape. I knew about the two moons before, but never had a reason to really pay attention. Now I do. It makes the whole experience more immersive - without forcing anyone to learn all the lore stuff if they just want to collect sprites. This is why DC is my favourite game. xd.png

Thank you TJ, thank you spriters, and happy birthday SockPuppet Strangler! biggrin.gif

Such pretty eggs!! o:

I caught 6 of the yellow ones, I wonder if these are dropped based on the time of day or the time of year.

Such pretty eggs!! o:

I caught 6 of the yellow ones, I wonder if these are dropped based on the time of day or the time of year.

Probably time of the month.

(PMS dragons?)

Um, unless TJ has set Valkemare's moons to a super-fast cycle, that isn't how moon phases work. The wiki chart is saying that, in the time of month there's a waning gibbous, it is halfway through it's rise/set arc at 3 am. It won't turn into a waning crescent at 9 am, but after enough days have passed that it's in the waning crescent phase, it's daily midpoint will have shifted forward to 9 am.

Again, that may not be how TJ is running this, but that's what the chart means for Earth's moon.

I think requiring us to be on at that many specific times of day to get all the eggs would be needlessly cruel to our sleep and work/school schedules. Because we'd try. tongue.gif

I agree, but maybe the Valkemare moons have a much faster cycle that changes in different times during the day. I'll see if my theory for this works, and if it doesn't, I'll just fill my other slots with the currently available eggs. smile.gif