TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

How can I know when the moon phase changes?

Check back at the linked page, or maybe you'll notice the egg color change I guess.

I don't know how often the moons cycle on DC, but it could potentially take us a few weeks to actually know for sure the way these eggs work.

Happy Birthday Sockpuppet Strangler, our lovely mod <3 Have a great day c:

Thanks so much! <3

EDIT: Thank you, xxBurningxx, as well! <3

~

Oop, locked myself. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Can you get a different colour from Cave? Or how you get a different colour? I didn't quite understand how this works..

Apparently we have to follow the phases of the moon. According to Wikipedia, here's how it goes:

user posted image

Keep an eye out for the mid-phase standard time, I think the time listed in this table is the same as Cave Time, and so we can keep track of which moon phase is up at what time, or at least assume when it will switch.

Also, as someone mentioned, maybe the Aurax and Cirion cycles represent this: Aurax shows which of these new dragons are dropping in the cave, and Cirion which you would get by breeding these, no matter which type you breed to begin with. wink.gif

Click on the link in the first post. It tells you the current phase/s. I haven't kept track of them to know when they change myself. I'm sure people will start posting when new colors come out though.

I did but I don't understand it, it says what it is currently but still i don't know when it's gonna change. I mean, does it change with a clock like day and night?

The eggs are based on moon phases, which are the same right now. The blue/golden is the color of the moon, not the moon phase. The moon phase right now is waning gibbous.

Huh. I could have sworn the first time I looked at the time link, one moon said waxing...

Anyway, if they're in the same phase, then both of Valkemare's moons are swinging around the planet close together. The world of DC must have some hella powerful tides, then! blink.gif And lots of earthquakes, probably. Even without reckoning giant dragons and/or mana.

I did but I don't understand it, it says what it is currently but still i don't know when it's gonna change. I mean, does it change with a clock like day and night?

Earth's lunar cycle takes approximately 28 days to complete - to go from one phase all the way around to the same one again. We don't know how long it may take in the site's version, though it'll probably be the same for our convenience.

Edited by Gryphonic

Thanks, Sock.

It's late and I'm more easily confused than normal. rolleyes.gif

Having one blue moon/egg and one gold moon/egg is what had me wondering. On well. Ignore my loony theory everyone. laugh.gif

Apparently we have to follow the phases of the moon. According to Wikipedia, here's how it goes:

user posted image

Keep an eye out for the mid-phase standard time, I think the time listed in this table is the same as Cave Time, and so we can keep track of which moon phase is up at what time, or at least assume when it will switch.

Also, as someone mentioned, maybe the Aurax and Cirion cycles represent this: Aurax shows which of these new dragons are dropping in the cave, and Cirion which you would get by breeding these, no matter which type you breed to begin with. wink.gif

Based on this chart I'm gonna come back at 9AM cave time to see if another egg type is dropped in the cave. Maybe that is the key.

Thanks, Sock.

It's late and I'm more easily confused than normal. rolleyes.gif

Having one blue moon/egg and one gold moon/egg is what had me wondering. On well. Ignore my loony theory everyone. laugh.gif

I totally know where you got it from because I did the exact some thing the first time I looked at the page. xP

I don't think any of us have paid well enough attention to know how often the moon phases change. xP

What an awesome birthday present, haha. Happy B-day, Sock! <3

Thanks! =)

It'll be interesting to see how the mechanics of these all work. ^^

Same~ One of the funnest parts of releases is speculating! biggrin.gif

Awesome. Are they in every biome?

Alpine, desert and volcano

So... if will lock myself now I will get only gold eggs? Huh, I'm not sure what to do. It all depends how fast the moon phases change in DC world. If it's a few days, then it pays off to lock myself now, but if it's very fast then it's better to take 2-3 eggs and wait...

I think with the Addition of the Valkemare Story and Mana etc. this has gotten really complicated.

I'm more into collecting Pixels and arranging them in lineages than following the happenings in a different world...

We'll see how it goes.

Really regretting not paying attention to how quickly DC's moon phases change... xd.png

Like Natli said, I really wish I knew if it was a few days, weeks, or what rolleyes.gif

where are the blue? Or are those bred?

Current assumption is this breed is like seasonals, except with the moon phases. So they may appear in a couple days. Perhaps.

Edited by Gryphonic

So... if will lock myself now I will get only gold eggs? Huh, I'm not sure what to do. It all depends how fast the moon phases change in DC world. If it's a few days, then it pays off to lock myself now, but if it's very fast then it's better to take 2-3 eggs and wait...

I think you have to wait to get all the colours, so I wouldn't lock yourself fully right now (Unless you want to)

As I said, I'm gonna follow the wikipedia chart and come back at 9AM cave time to see if anything has changed. smile.gif

Has anyone figured out how this works? I've nabbed two of the gold for a male and female and don't want to have to mess around trying to get some of the other colors