TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

They're in waning gibbous right now, so they'd go to third quarter, then waning crescent before the new moon. Otherwise why bother being so specific?

Went to re-study the moonchart on the wiki, and now I see where I erred. (I got the "gibbous"/"crescent" part of the waxing and waning mixed up, we don't have such different words in German.) Thank you for pointing that out to me !

So nope, no relation between the exact time of the phase change of our moon and Valkemare's.

So anyone have any theories s to why the help time page ( https://dragcave.net/help/time ) has two different colors of eggs listed for this moon phase (Aurax (Golden moon) Waning gibbous and Cirion (Blue moon) Waning gibbous)?

Those are the colours of the moons.

From the encyclopaedia:

Valkemare has two moons: The large, golden moon Aurax, and the smaller, blue moon Cirion. These two moons not only create interesting tidal patterns; they also are believed to have effects on wildlife and mana itself.

So anyone have any theories s to why the help time page ( https://dragcave.net/help/time ) has two different colors of eggs listed for this moon phase (Aurax (Golden moon) Waning gibbous and Cirion (Blue moon) Waning gibbous)?

Aurax is just the golden moon while Cirion is the blue moon. Those are just their colours as per the lore.

ninja.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

My zodiac sign is Cancer and my "planet" is the Moon, so I'm also super excited for this release. Looking forward to having them all, but the blue ones look so silky and hypnotizing I think I may already have a favourite. wub.gif

It's so weird listening you guys discussing the RL moon as not being full yet, when I'm staring at it now and it's already at full tongue.gif

That's astronomy for you ! laugh.gif

Looking full is one thing, being in exact opposite postion to the sun another. (And yes, I'll call the thing that rises later a full moon as well, regardless of what exact scientific formulas say...)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

If you'd asked me before I nabbed any eggs what I'd assume the correspondence of eggs to moons to be like, I would have said:

First, group moon phases like this:

Group A:

- first quarter

- waxing gibbous

- full moon

- waning gibbous

Group B:

- last/third quarter

- waning crescent

- new moon

- waxing crescent

In that case, the colours work like this:

- White: Aurax A, Cirion A

- Gold: Aurax A, Cirion B

- Blue: Aurax B, Cirion A

- Dark: Aurax B, Cirion B

But that's evidently not what's happening. xd.png

Edit:

Soooo....this is the first ALL MONTH "Monthly Drop".....? Wow.... laugh.gif

Ahahaha. xd.png That's a great way of looking at it.

Edit II:

Stay 21 forever, Socky! (Over time, I've found it saves having to count years on too many other hands  laugh.gif )

If you count in binary, you can get 31 on one hand! biggrin.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Got two this morning, and I'm taking two more in an hour, when my two eggs hatch.

I love them, they are super! smile.gif I don't know if I'm the only one, but they remind me of silky vanilla pudding and desserts, so one day, when I get the new dragon babies, I'm naming them that way! happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

I really hope they are going to drop in 4 different stages, not only would that give us time to hatch another batch of eggs inbetween floods, the excitement will also continue throughout the whole month biggrin.gif

I woke and decided to check for new release just in case it came early. I immediately grabbed 2 golden eggs but wonder how the new eggs will roll out so I don't want to grab too many and fill all my nests before I understand the progression. So good so far, except for one misclick already.

Thank-you to TJ and Lady Lyzar and any other spriters who've worked on the August release!

I really hope they are going to drop in 4 different stages, not only would that give us time to hatch another batch of eggs inbetween floods, the excitement will also continue throughout the whole month biggrin.gif

Same here, I couldn't agree more. I'd really like to see the site buzzing like a beehive throughout the entire month for these! biggrin.gif

Thanks TJ!

BTW still gold egg, right?

Considering that the Valkemare moon stats have stayed the same, I think so. smile.gif

These look awesome! What a time to be traveling with only a cell phone and a crappy network.

With two eggs being "golden" and "brown" and the other two "silver" and "blue", my theory is that the first two are governed by the golden moon (probably gold when it's bigger than half) and the other two by the blue moon (silver when bigger than half). The question is when the blue ones will drop, of course. Midnight until almost eight has dropped gold, so perhaps after noon, cave time we'll see silvers?

Considering that the Valkemare moon stats have stayed the same, I think so. smile.gif

Thank you for the answer!

I can't wait other eggs show up wink.gif

I went to some fansites just a moment ago and noticed that some people have already put their eggs into hatcheries. Why on Earth? blink.gif They won't hatch any sooner than usual, they're just gonna get sick! sad.gif

If you count in binary, you can get 31 on one hand! biggrin.gif

Brilliant! biggrin.gif I wouldn't mind staying 31 forever.

Oh, and happy b-day, Sock! What a lovely present you got. smile.gif

Edit: Ooh, and there's a golden hatchie now! They look really cute!

Edited by walkinslow

I think one clicksite for eggs with 6 days left is ok, they aren't as sensitive as 7 day eggs.

I went to some fansites just a moment ago and noticed that some people have already put their eggs into hatcheries. Why on Earth? blink.gif They won't hatch any sooner than usual, they're just gonna get sick! sad.gif

Some people put their eggs in as soon as they get them and then just leave 'em until they hatch. I used to do that and only got sick eggs a few times (it's not wise to do this during holiday seasons!)

---

Caught six Gold eggs myself, before I stopped to think about it. tongue.gif I'll probably try swapping them for the next phase if it shows up before I can hatch these (or at least for other biomes, four of mine are from the Desert...).

I think one clicksite for eggs with 6 days left is ok, they aren't as sensitive as 7 day eggs.

But, that's the problem - no eggs are left with under six days unless incubated, and even so they are still laid too soon to be added into hatcheries. One may not affect them, but I saw them in multiple hatcheries, sadly. sad.gif

Also, I noticed something. I was catching eggs before my sister woke up and one of the eggs escaped from me as I was hunting in the volcano biome with the typical "egg grabbed by someone else" message, but I quickly replaced it with one of the eggs from the next batch, also in the volcano. Later, when my sister came to catch her own she went to the desert and caught an egg with the VERY SAME CODE I remembered missing in the volcano. I was quite surprised. blink.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Another sneaky 3 am release?

I managed to fill my 5 available spots in one 5-minute drop. I got 3 from alpine, 1 from desert and 1 from volcano, in case that makes any difference.

It will be interesting to see how this moon phase thing w, orks out.

Thank you, TJ and spriter(s) for this new release!

Happy Birthday, Sock!

Thanks to the combo of only having the newest eggs on my scroll and the animated banner rotating them over and over again, it looks like I have an infinite number of these eggs. Oh, why can't it be true?! sad.gif

Thanks to the combo of only having the newest eggs on my scroll and the animated banner rotating them over and over again, it looks like I have an infinite number of these eggs. Oh, why can't it be true?! sad.gif

Lol! I feel this way about the blue ones. If only... an infinite number of blue Lunar eggs... wub.gif