TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

So four eggs at least four moon phases. Waning gibbous is golden, the white egg might be Full Moon, and the blue might be the New Moon, and the tan one the waxing gibbous? Will be interesting to see, but now I have way too many waning gibbous eggs!

Edited by erobey

Ugh.

Can't. Catch. One.

tongue.gif

Oh well, keep trying.

Maybe the color of the gold egg just changes according to the moon phases. That would make most sense.

So four eggs at least four moon phases. Waning gibbous is golden, the white egg might be Full Moon, and the blue might be the New Moon, and the tan one the waxing gibbous? Will be interesting to see, but now I have way too many waning gibbous eggs!

In the case of the possible Full/New Moon eggs, those would probably be harder to get if Valkemere's moons are anything like Earth's, and they would only be available for one day out of the month. Which would be frustrating, 'cause breeders and hunters would need to time themselves.

My theory is this:

Full moon to last quarter: Gold egg

Last quarter to new moon: Silver/White egg

New moon to first quarter: Blue egg

First quarter to full moon: Bronze/Brown egg

In between full moon and last quarter is the waning gibbous, between last quarter and new moon is the waning crescent, between new moon and first quarter is waxing crescent, and between first quarter and full moon is waxing gibbous.

Maybe the color of the gold egg just changes according to the moon phases. That would make most sense.

Nope, if you look at TJ's post you'd see four different colored dragons. They're like Seasonal's in that their color correlates to when they were picked up.

Edited by Seghs

Maybe we will get different colors depending on when the moon phases are aligned or not. As of right now, both moons are in waning gibbous phase. If one moon is faster than the other, maybe we will get different colors when they are out of synch.

- There are two moons; one is gold and the other is blue. Maybe the gold one is more dominant, since when they are in sync (like today) the eggs are gold.

- Maybe the eggs will change say blue if the blue moon is full, and the gold moon is waning. Or something.

- Maybe you get a silver egg if the blue moon is waxing, but the gold moon is waning.

- And maybe you get brown eggs when both moons are New Moons.

I don't know. I'm just making up stuff and theories.

Maybe we will get different colors depending on when the moon phases are aligned or not. As of right now, both moons are in waning gibbous phase. If one moon is faster than the other, maybe we will get different colors when they are out of synch.

- There are two moons; one is gold and the other is blue. Maybe the gold one is more dominant, since when they are in sync (like today) the eggs are gold.

- Maybe the eggs will change say blue if the blue moon is full, and the gold moon is waning. Or something.

- Maybe you get a silver egg if the blue moon is waxing, but the gold moon is waning.

Oh yeah, I forgot there were two moons. :/

And making up theories is fun! I suspect we have little else to do now as we wait for the other colors to appear/TJ's dragons to grow up.

I hate waiting for things : - : That's why seasonals are such a drag.

Isn't it supposed to be a full moon tonight? I wonder if that would mean anything about these eggggssss ;-; or maybe it does and I'm not catching onto it lmbo

Nope, if you look at TJ's post you'd see four different colored dragons. They're like Seasonal's in that their color correlates to when they were picked up.

TJ having all these different eggs doesn't mean anything though. He also has CBs of colored stripes, alts, and hybrids.

I hate waiting for things : - : That's why seasonals are such a drag.

Isn't it supposed to be a full moon tonight? I wonder if that would mean anything about these eggggssss ;-; or maybe it does and I'm not catching onto it lmbo

The eggs are affected by Valkemere's moons, not our moon.

The eggs are affected by Valkemere's moons, not our moon.

Figured that out after I posted *sigh* Thank you though >.<

Waiting is still a drag xd.png

In a real-life two-moon system, they're not orbiting in sync and those would be probable results. I misread the Time page at first and thought Cirion was 'waxing'. The next few weeks will tell if Valkemare's moons move independently, but that might be unnecessarily complicated programming for one breed, no matter how cool it might be. And way too much of a headache for anyone trying to plan a lineage. sad.gif I know I'd balk at it.

TJ having all these different eggs doesn't mean anything though. He also has CBs of colored stripes, alts, and hybrids.

That's not what I meant. I mean the eggs won't change colors depending on the phase of the moon, like Seasonal's, they will be the color of the Season, or in this case, the time they were picked up, similar to day/nightglory drakes.

Yep, to the convo going on above me. If the eggs simply changed color depending on the moon phase, then TJ wouldn't have eggs of each color~ wink.gif

"Gibbous" is the name given to a moon that is between 50% and 99% lit. Crescent is its opposite. Waxing means it's getting fuller, waning less full.

So the moons of Valkemare, golden Aurax and blue Cirion are both between full and "third quarter" (the half moon), and headed towards the latter.

Yep, to the convo going on above me. If the eggs simply changed color depending on the moon phase, then TJ wouldn't have eggs of each color~ wink.gif

TJ can manipulate his eggs to make them appear differently to how they "should". That's how they've hatched already; he set the time on them to under 4 days.

Edited by Ansela Jonla

Of course he would.  He always shows all the varieties when they are released.

No, what I mean is that each variation is its own separate dragon. The person earlier suggested that the gold ones will turn into silver/blue/brown ones when the moon phase changes. They were suggesting that the already existing gold eggs will change into the different colors.

And what I was saying was that if that were the case, then he wouldn't have 4 different colors already.

I mean, it's not like TJ had a separate Spirit Ward for every single glow stage. tongue.gif

Edited by xxBurningxx

But stripes and seasonals don't actively shift. Spirit Wards actively shift. Nocturnes actively shift. Did these releases see the different phases separated so that we could see them simultaneously? I don't recall the Nocturne release, but Spirit Ward phases definitely were not separated.

Edit: ninja.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

But stripes and seasonals don't actively shift. Spirit Wards actively shift. Nocturnes actively shift. Did these releases see the different phases separated so that we could see them simultaneously? I don't recall the Nocturne release, but Spirit Ward phases definitely were not separated.

Edit: ninja.gif

Nocturnes were adjusted later, I think. So, they weren't separated.

I was saying that if these are like seasonals, stripes, glories, or the sunrise/sunsets, it's entirely possible for TJ to have all of the variants available.

If they change color by time of day, then it would not make sense to have all of these sprites. But I still would prefer for that to happen.

Now I'm wondering if I should abandon some of my eggs at all...

I wouldn't until you see for a fact that there's new eggs. Why take the risk on a 'maybe'?

That's like all the people that abandon eggs in anticipation of a new release only to find out there isn't one and they just abandoned their 3rd gen prize for no good reason. xd.png

I'm thinking it'll be some time before the next color becomes available. I would at least save them until you see the moon phases change on the page or people report getting/seeing a different egg.

Now I'm wondering if I should abandon some of my eggs at all...

I personally would wait until people start finding other colors

Edit: ninja.gif'd

Edited by Capella

What a wonderful release! I can't wait to see the adults!

Thank you, TJ and LadyLyzar! Will be actively collecting these dragons haha biggrin.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I'm going to make it easier myself and just use four general phases for the moons: Waxing, Full Moon, Waning, and New Moon.

Now let's iron out the two moon theory:

NOTE: Where Aurax's (Gold Moon's) effect is dominant, and Cirion's (Blue Moon's) effect is weaker, Waxing = all phases when the moon is transitioning from New to Full, and Waning = all phases when the moon is transitioning from Full to New

- When moon's are in sync regardless of phase except for New and Full Moons: Gold Egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is Full: Silver egg (with a chance of Gold and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is Full: Gold egg (with a chance of Silver and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waxing: Silver egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is Full: Blue egg (with a chance of Silver)

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waning: Gold egg *CONFIRMED*

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waxing: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is Full: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waning: Blue egg (with maybe a chance of Brown)

- Aurax is New and Cirion is New: Brown egg

---

And that's it.

This is for CATCHING ONLY. I have no idea how breeding will work.

- I'll add a big Confirmed to the things that actually happen.

So anyone got new colors yet? and is willing to add that to the DC Moon Watch doc?

Edit: minor edits.

Edited by Shokomon

I'm going to make it easier myself and just use four general phases for the moons: Waxing, Full Moon, Waning, and New Moon.

Now let's iron out the two moon theory:

NOTE: Where Aurax's (Gold Moon's) effect is dominant, and Cirion's (Blue Moon's) effect is weaker, Waxing = all phases when the moon is transitioning from New to Full, and Waning = all phases when the moon is transitioning from Full to New

- When moon's are in sync regardless of phase except for New and Full Moons: Gold Egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is Full: Silver egg (with a chance of Gold and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is Full: Gold egg (with a chance of Silver and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waxing: Silver egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is Full: Blue egg (with a chance of Silver)

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waning: Gold egg *CONFIRMED*

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waxing: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is Full: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waning: Blue egg (with maybe a chance of Brown)

- Aurax is New and Cirion is New: Brown egg

---

And that's it.

This is for CATCHING ONLY. I have no idea how breeding will work.

- I'll add a big Confirmed to the things that actually happen.

So anyone got new colors yet? and is willing to add that to the doc?

Shoko, personally I don't think the full and new moons will factor into it. They're too short a time period.

The time page specifically says "waning gibbous". If it was just about waxing and waning, why specify the second part? I think the four phases are waxing crescent, waxing gibbous, waning gibbous, and waning crescent.