TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Now that I'm home from a trip and not on the mobile version I can finally see the S2 hatchlings properly and oh those silver ones are GLORIOUS! <3 <3 <3 If only the gold and brown ones could be bred with Day and Night Glory Drakes, respectively. *sigh*

Also, does anyone think Biomes are going to have anything to do with these guys (other than Copper & Xenowyrm breeding)? All of mine are from the Desert, because I didn't realize until I was already locked that they were also in the Alpine and Volcano. Oops. lol

Man, this is too complicated for me. I think I'll just do the lazy thing and wait until I see people talking about new color eggs being available. lol

I wanna see the adults though. Like, now. Stupid waiting.

I'm going to make it easier myself and just use four general phases for the moons: Waxing, Full Moon, Waning, and New Moon.

Now let's iron out the two moon theory:

NOTE: Where Aurax's (Gold Moon's) effect is dominant, and Cirion's (Blue Moon's) effect is weaker, Waxing = all phases when the moon is transitioning from New to Full, and Waning = all phases when the moon is transitioning from Full to New

- When moon's are in sync regardless of phase except for New and Full Moons: Gold Egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is Full: Silver egg (with a chance of Gold and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is waxing and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waxing: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is Full: Gold egg (with a chance of Silver and maybe Blue)

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is waning: Gold egg

- Aurax is Full and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waxing: Silver egg

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is Full: Blue egg (with a chance of Silver)

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is waning: Gold egg *CONFIRMED*

- Aurax is waning and Cirion is New: Gold egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waxing: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is Full: Blue egg

- Aurax is New and Cirion is waning: Blue egg (with maybe a chance of Brown)

- Aurax is New and Cirion is New: Brown egg

---

And that's it.

This is for CATCHING ONLY. I have no idea how breeding will work.

- I'll add a big Confirmed to the things that actually happen.

So anyone got new colors yet? and is willing to add that to the DC Moon Watch doc?

Edit: minor edits.

The problem with this idea is that the Browns are then super rare, simply because you'll only be able to catch them once in a blue moon (pun intended tongue.gif).

The problem with this idea is that the Browns are then super rare, simply because you'll only be able to catch them once in a blue moon (pun intended tongue.gif).

My opinion/theory is that Aurax controls caveborn colours, and Cirion determines bred eggs, and that they won't always synch up.

Makes more sense than browns, silvers, and blues being barely available while gold is present most of the time.

My opinion/theory is that Aurax controls caveborn colours, and Cirion determines bred eggs, and that they won't always synch up.

Makes more sense than browns, silvers, and blues being barely available while gold is present most of the time.

Ooohhh, I like that theory~~

Shoko, personally I don't think the full and new moons will factor into it. They're too short a time period.

The time page specifically says "waning gibbous". If it was just about waxing and waning, why specify the second part? I think the four phases are waxing crescent, waxing gibbous, waning gibbous, and waning crescent.

Theory In Question

Eh, I pretty much went with waxing and waning instead of all the phases (new moon, waxing crescent, first quarter, waxing gibbous, full moon, waning gibbous, last quarter, and waning crescent) because I was lazy and didn't want to figure out what kinds of eggs would come from 64 different moon phase combinations. So, your theory is perfectly plausible.

- I just wouldn't write off the new and full moons so quickly, as both phases are important in lore, myth, and even in real life. It would be unlikely that those two phases wouldn't have any effect in Dragon Cave.

That'll work too! Probably way easier to code anyway.

- Then how would you theorize you get bred colors versus cave colors?

Edit: Adding responses. And urls.

Edited by Shokomon

Eh, I pretty much went with waxing and waning instead of all the phases (new moon, waxing crescent, first quarter, waxing gibbous, full moon, waning gibbous, last quarter, and waning crescent) because I was lazy and didn't want to figure out what kinds of eggs would come from 64 different moon phase combinations. So, your theory is perfectly plausible.

- I just wouldn't write off the new and full moons so quickly, as both phases are important in lore, myth, and even in real life. It would be unlikely that those two phases wouldn't have any effect in Dragon Cave.

That'll work too! Probably way easier to code anyway.

- Then how would you theorize you get bred colors versus cave colors?

Edit: Adding responses.

Bred and CB have all four colours. One colour for each of the longer phases, with the full/new moon and first/third quarters either having two available eggs, or the egg from the pre/succeeding phase. I'm probably wrong, and only TJ and LadyL can say for certain right now. They're probably watching all this theorising with big grins on their faces.

Late to the party again - I need to make a habit to continuously check for releases!

But I haven't seen a single egg, am I missing something? Where/when are these dropping?

Edit: Never mind, I see them! Just have to be quick haha

Edited by Areous

Late to the party again - I need to make a habit to continuously check for releases!

But I haven't seen a single egg, am I missing something? Where/when are these dropping?

Alpine, Desert, Volcano.

Check during the five minute intervals

Edit: Whooooops

Edited by Capella

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this off the encyclopedia, and it is certainly possible that someone has, but the moons have an impact on mana:

"Valkemare has two moons: The large, golden moon Aurax, and the smaller, blue moon Cirion. These two moons not only create interesting tidal patterns; they also are believed to have effects on wildlife and mana itself."

Could this have anything to do with the other three colors? There are three "classes", if you will, of mana. And three variations that we haven't seen yet. tongue.gif

Chances are I'm completely off and it is time based. xd.png

Maybe Full/New moons are days when two types of these eggs are available? So rather than having a color only available one day out of the ___ we could overlap them. That would make breeding on those days pretty tricky though. xd.png I dunno. I just wanna see all four variants available as CBs. ^^

Maybe Full/New moons are days when two types of these eggs are available? So rather than having a color only available one day out of the ___ we could overlap them. That would make breeding on those days pretty tricky though. xd.png I dunno. I just wanna see all four variants available as CBs. ^^

I think this might be the case for First Quarter and Last Quarter, too! But this is all just speculation, so *shrugs*

Valkemare has two moons: The large, golden moon Aurax, and the smaller, blue moon Cirion. These two moons not only create interesting tidal patterns; they also are believed to have effects on wildlife and mana itself.

With this from the encyclopedia, here's my theory:

~TJ has, in a way, presented us with two sets of eggs. One set is Gold/Silver. These go with Aurax. One set is Blue/Brown. These go with Cirion.

~Aurax, being larger, has more sway than Cirion. When the two moons are in sync, I think we will have available only the eggs that go with Aurax.

~When the two moons are not in sync, we will have two eggs- one Gold/Silver and one Blue/Brown -available.

~For Gold/Silver: Gold is available from the start of the waxing gibbous, through the full moon, and into the end of the end of the waning gibbous. Silver is available the other half, starting with the waning crescent, through the new moon, and up during the waxing crescent.

~For Blue/Brown: Blue is available from the start of the waxing gibbous, through the full moon, and into the end of the end of the waning gibbous. Brown is available the other half, starting with the waning crescent, through the new moon, and up during the waxing crescent.

Edited by Millie_Azure

New release! I love this one's description, and now the golden hatchings looks so shiny.

Waiting for the other colors, I think they're beautiful partners with Moonstones.

Thanks TJ!

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Bah, was busy today and now I'm struggling to grab them. At least they're showing up fairly frequently, though a bit frustrating.

Aaah I totally forgot to look for a drop today... at least I have some now. I very much look forward to finding out the secret behind the different egg colors.