Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

Why are there 2 rows of Snows in dragon Encyclopedia? 

You must have clicked an alt.

1 minute ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

You must have clicked an alt.

Oh yes I did both of them (green and gold) x'D

1 minute ago, FoxintheBox said:

Oh yes I did both of them (green and gold) x'D

I tested it myself and reported it to TJ for consistency. ^^

Does this mean spriter's alts are usually unlockable in the encyclopedia?

Is it normal that I am not able to give my own eggs (hatchlings I don't know as of yet) views in the "scroll" site? Not "My Dragons" there I was never able to, but on the site that others can see too. I wasn't here for... phew~ I think a few months? And now I see I am not able to anymore. I even had trouble to get that one click and first few/uv for eggs I just got. Today it worked somehow, but the last batch of (poor *sniff*) eggs didn't get them.

Just for the record: I didn't really change anything -- restartet everything already, tried hard-refresh too.

8 hours ago, Mangrit said:

Does this mean spriter's alts are usually unlockable in the encyclopedia?

Not as far as I know. I think it just wasn't coded out of the snow's page.

1 hour ago, Akasaki said:

Is it normal that I am not able to give my own eggs (hatchlings I don't know as of yet) views in the "scroll" site? Not "My Dragons" there I was never able to, but on the site that others can see too. I wasn't here for... phew~ I think a few months? And now I see I am not able to anymore. I even had trouble to get that one click and first few/uv for eggs I just got. Today it worked somehow, but the last batch of (poor *sniff*) eggs didn't get them.

Just for the record: I didn't really change anything -- restartet everything already, tried hard-refresh too.

Refresh after you're on the view page. Views are being stubborn these days, so a refresh or going to lineage view and clicking the dragon from there seems to work.

12 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Refresh after you're on the view page. Views are being stubborn these days, so a refresh or going to lineage view and clicking the dragon from there seems to work.

Hm... Well nothing changes -- wether I refresh the view page or go to it from the lineage page. But as long as it is nothing planned (the scroll site) I am happy already as it'll get fixed over time. I'm only afraid that it is "only me" -- but as long as that is not the case... I find it funny though that it worked at least ONCE for each of my eggs from today >< But my last patch and after the first time for each today it seems to be unfunctional again. *sigh*

1 minute ago, Akasaki said:

Hm... Well nothing changes -- wether I refresh the view page or go to it from the lineage page. But as long as it is nothing planned (the scroll site) I am happy already as it'll get fixed over time. I'm only afraid that it is "only me" -- but as long as that is not the case... I find it funny though that it worked at least ONCE for each of my eggs from today >< But my last patch and after the first time for each today it seems to be unfunctional again. *sigh*

If you just view your scroll, does that give your eggs all another view? (I thought you had eggs stuck at no views, but it doesn't look like it, so views should be working okay for you, but I think I did misunderstand what it is you wanted to do.)

@Akasaki 2 of your eggs are sick, they are too young to receive that many stats yet.

The good news is, if they're sick, they obviously were able to receive views and clicks :lol:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

2 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

If you just view your scroll, does that give your eggs all another view? (I thought you had eggs stuck at no views, but it doesn't look like it, so views should be working okay for you, but I think I did misunderstand what it is you wanted to do.)

Well -- I registered my eggs on "view-sites" (ones that were linked from the forum a few years back) that's where most of their views come from. When I refresh the scroll page -- NOTHING changes (only what they get from the sites). As I got most of my eggs from the cave, they did not have any views/clicks when I got them. Mostly though, when I click on the image after "getting" them, they get their first click/uv/v. With my last patch: Nothing. With this patch: The last did not, the others did. Somehow or another I got the first with the last egg too -- after witch I set them up to get views etc from sites. Which works (seemingly) without a problem.

So: Clicks/v/uv from me: Seem to work REALLY rarely. Others seem to work. Or it has something to do with "linked from other site" vs "linked from this site"? I don't know.

Either way: I hard-refreshed, restarted everything (browser/computer) but: Nothing. I tried a little with my plugins, but: No changes. At least none that I noticed.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@Akasaki 2 of your eggs are sick, they are too young to receive that many stats yet.

Haha. Thanks XD I was preoccupied ;P

EDIT @Ruby Eyes: That is true. Just not from me. *sniff* One c/uv/v yes, somehow -- but then: Nada. *sigh*

Edited by Akasaki

Ok, no spriter alts in the encyclopedia then. What about black sweetlings? I kind of feel like they should be in there.

11 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

Ok, no spriter alts in the encyclopedia then. What about black sweetlings? I kind of feel like they should be in there.

Blue-winged solstices still aren't even in the encyclopedia, so I'm not too worried about black sweets, but I can add that to my solstice report/request.

On 2017-07-23 at 9:45 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

TJ may introduce more variants of the existing skins at some point. I believe he wants to, but there's not timeline for doing so and it is a possibility it's something he never gets around to. So, I do think it would be okay for you to make a suggestion for a darker theme (I know I've seen a few users needing/wanting one) in Suggestions, just so it doesn't get forgotten and to get a better idea of how many people would benefit from a darker skin.

Until then, you might find a browser add-on helpful to you.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dark-background-light-text/

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

I haven't tried them, so I'm not sure how they'll work out, but hopefully one of them can help you!

Thank you Sock, I downloaded the add-on for Firefox and it's great for my eyes! I'll try to show a picture how it looks below.. hmm

Forum_dark_screen.png

Hope it'll show up!

Is there any way to make fonts larger all around on the new layout? I'm not just talking about the font size in these reply boxes, but almost everywhere - why did it have to be so tiny?? What is it? Six point type? Going to the fan sites is an exercise in squint-dom. 

On 7/22/2017 at 2:42 PM, fuzzbucket said:

Here it is, oddzi !

CZvvKwQ.gif

Quote me, copy and paste :)

Oh Fuzz! You are such a doll!  Thanks by the bunches!

20 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Is there any way to make fonts larger all around on the new layout? I'm not just talking about the font size in these reply boxes, but almost everywhere - why did it have to be so tiny?? What is it? Six point type? Going to the fan sites is an exercise in squint-dom. 

Tried zooming? E.g. [CTRL] + [+] usually works.

2 hours ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Oh Fuzz! You are such a doll!  Thanks by the bunches!

Posts are 14px font, which is larger than the old forums by several notches. That said, using your browser's built-in zoom to make everything bigger is probably your best bet.

It looks like forums upload profile photo even if I choose "import from URL" option. Is it possible to use external image link itself(e.g. image rotator) as my profile photo as now?

1 hour ago, sh20000sh said:

It looks like forums upload profile photo even if I choose "import from URL" option. Is it possible to use external image link itself(e.g. image rotator) as my profile photo as now?

I'm confused. When I choose "import from URL", I see a pastebox for a url. It sounds like yours just didn't load properly? Try refreshing or maybe hard refreshing the page and submitting again? Or am I misunderstanding your question? o.o

13 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I'm confused. When I choose "import from URL", I see a pastebox for a url. It sounds like yours just didn't load properly? Try refreshing or maybe hard refreshing the page and submitting again? Or am I misunderstanding your question? o.o

No, pasting a URL in that box will still download the image from the URL and store it locally. Presumably it's to reduce dependence on external hosts. Posts and signatures can have similar behavior, but I have it disabled. Avatars don't give me the option.

I grandfathered in old remote avatars when I upgraded the software, the there's nothing in the UI chat currently allows actually directly linking to an external image.

Does that mean no rotating avatars ?

1 hour ago, fuzzbucket said:

Does that mean no rotating avatars ?

It does, except for the lucky people who had one before the update.

Why is one of my posts marked as hidden? I posted a view link to an adult dragon by mistake, but other users were doing the same thing in the thread I posted in. :blink:

42 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Why is one of my posts marked as hidden? I posted a view link to an adult dragon by mistake, but other users were doing the same thing in the thread I posted in. :blink:

And it is making game-playing hell on wheels... CAN it stop ? Please with cookies ?