Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Anyone else just getting an error page when trying to use DC? It's a very DC-specific one, so it's not on my end (at least, not entirely).

e: It's a page that just has the default background with the words "An error has occured" with a link to the forums and IRC.

Edited by Guillotine

Is the Cave down? I am getting the tombstone inscribed w/'An Error Has Occurred' on it. (Must be down, the reply above mine just posted, lol)

Oh, well, disregard, it's back now smile.gif

Edited by perzephone

I know I saw this mentioned somewhere, but whether it was in this section or in the news thread I am not sure. Anyway, I can't find it and I never saw the answer if there was one.

In my scroll header it lists Grown Dragons 7,479

but above the page list it says Viewing 1 to 250 of 7,461

I know one is grown dragons and the other is everything, so if anything it would seem that the second number would be the larger, but it isn't. Does someone have an explanation for this, or is it a glitch?

At first I thought it might be the zombies, but the numbers don't match that either ...

Show All: Viewing 1 to 500 of 6,809

Grown Dragons: 6,796

Growing Dragons: 16

I assumed it was "grown dragons" in the way that it is "dragons you have grown to adulthood" - which is to say that the number would stay the same even if you released dragons, which could explain why the "grown dragons" number would be higher than the total dragons number.

The same way, if one hasn't released many dragons, but still has many eggs/hatchlings the "grown dragons" number could be lower than the total dragons number.

This is just a theory, though, and I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know... And I don't really know where frozen hatchlings fits in either.

Edit: Just tested by releasing a dragon, and both numbers went down by one, so it doesn't fit.

Edited by Saikachan

At first I thought it might be the zombies, but the numbers don't match that either ...

Show All: Viewing 1 to 500 of 6,809

Grown Dragons: 6,796

Growing Dragons: 16

If I add my growing dragons + zombies to the Grown Dragons number, it matches the Viewing x of x number.

Work for you?

That doesn't explain why purplehaze's total dragons is a lower number than her Grown Dragons, though. o_O

Ay this seems off.

I see that my oldest dragon (bolz) was born on feb 4 and my join day is feb 5.

Is that because he was an ap find or something?

If that's the case then the only other oldest dragon is Shiny And Striped.

Ay this seems off.

I see that my oldest dragon (bolz) was born on feb 4 and my join day is feb 5.

Is that because he was an ap find or something?

If that's the case then the only other oldest dragon is Shiny And Striped.

If you have a specific date, that means you joined when the site was tracking your join date. It should be accurate for when you joined.

Yes, your oldest dragon being an AP dragon would mean that your first dragon could have been laid before you joined the cave.

If you're really think it's incorrect, try searching your email for your old validation email for the cave. But otherwise it sounds plausible to me.

The join date being the date of your oldest dragon was only an estimation for those of us who joined before the site kept track of our join date (and currently, we just see a range of years for our join date, not a specific date).

If I add my growing dragons + zombies to the Grown Dragons number, it matches the Viewing x of x number.

Work for you?

That doesn't explain why purplehaze's total dragons is a lower number than her Grown Dragons, though. o_O

Unlikely. See, 6796 + 16 = 6812 in my book, which is 3 higher than 6809, and as far as I can tell, I have 15 zombies. I also definitely released more dragons than that, it was several dozens I'd say.

I still have my registration email from back then, from 2009-03-13, so I could enter my join date manually if given the option xd.png

I get an error whenever I use the search on the forum, is anybody else having this problem? Should I report it??

No problem here - are you sure you are using it right ? What error message do you get ?

I get this error here

user posted image

and if I click on the link to refresh the page it actually refreshes the page but it gives me a search error because it says I didn't enter any keyword (I guess that by refreshing it doesn't actually remember that I entered a keyword and it gives me that error)

And I think I'm using it right: I click on search and I enter the word I want to find, then click on search so...

Is there a Dragon Encyclopedia FAQ anywhere? Or a thread that helps unlock dragons?

I get this error here

user posted image

and if I click on the link to refresh the page it actually refreshes the page but it gives me a search error because it says I didn't enter any keyword (I guess that by refreshing it doesn't actually remember that I entered a keyword and it gives me that error)

And I think I'm using it right: I click on search and I enter the word I want to find, then click on search so...

AH. I don't know if that applies here, but on another forum I'm on, you get that message if the word you are searching is so common it hits a kind of overload. And sure enough - I just tried dragon as the keyword, and got exactly that...

Can you narrow it down with things like +blue or "eastern dragon" and limit the forums it searches ?

Alternatively, you could try using google, including the "site:forums.dragcave.net" keyword to limit search to only the forum.

AH. I don't know if that applies here, but on another forum I'm on, you get that message if the word you are searching is so common it hits a kind of overload. And sure enough - I just tried dragon as the keyword, and got exactly that...

Can you narrow it down with things like +blue or "eastern dragon" and limit the forums it searches ?

Alternatively, you could try using google, including the "site:forums.dragcave.net" keyword to limit search to only the forum.

Ah I see! thanks, I'll narrow the search smile.gif

I know I saw this mentioned somewhere, but whether it was in this section or in the news thread I am not sure. Anyway, I can't find it and I never saw the answer if there was one.

In my scroll header it lists Grown Dragons 7,479

but above the page list it says Viewing 1 to 250 of 7,461

I know one is grown dragons and the other is everything, so if anything it would seem that the second number would be the larger, but it isn't. Does someone have an explanation for this, or is it a glitch?

Just noticed something strange:

earlier today my Grown Dragons showed 5.441 and my Scroll says I have 5.472 Dragons. This seemed to be right at this point (5.441 + 13 growing + 13 Zombie + 5 Dead Adults)

Just a few moments ago I tested two dragons if they liked each other and both pairs bred an egg that was autoabandoned because I'm locked.

After that my Grown Dragons counter showed 5.443 !

Just tested it and bred another pair that bred an egg (to the AP) and the counter now shows 5.444 grown Dragons.

So this is my guess:

As long as this eggs aren't picked up by someone else they will count to my Grown Dragons counter.

Maybe you have some eggs out there in the AP that aren't picked up yet and that might explain why your counter shows more than your Scroll pages unsure.gif

Just noticed something strange:

earlier today my Grown Dragons showed 5.441 and my Scroll says I have 5.472 Dragons. This seemed to be right at this point (5.441 + 13 growing + 13 Zombie + 5 Dead Adults)

Just a few moments ago I tested two dragons if they liked each other and both pairs bred an egg that was autoabandoned because I'm locked.

After that my Grown Dragons counter showed 5.443 !

Just tested it and bred another pair that bred an egg (to the AP) and the counter now shows 5.444 grown Dragons.

So this is my guess:

As long as this eggs aren't picked up by someone else they will count to my Grown Dragons counter.

Maybe you have some eggs out there in the AP that aren't picked up yet and that might explain why your counter shows more than your Scroll pages unsure.gif

Same is by me and I know I breed a lot of dragons to the AP before DC Birthday happened so ~

I have 4,078 dragons on my scroll

The counter shows I have~ 4249 blink.gif

Have pending dragon descriptions stopped appearing for anyone else? I have them set to be shown in my account settings, but I'm finding that dragons that I'm looking at in the 'review user descriptions' section don't show any pending descriptions on their pages. (St. Patrick's skin, by the way.)

Does anyone else have this issue? Can anyone confirm being able or unable to see pending descriptions on view pages?

That just means those reviewers with 'description magic' haven't reviewed them as yet!

There aren't many to review these days as Earth Gurl and co have the queue down to almost 0. wub.gif

Proof - https://forums.dragcave.net/d.png

so... I feel like I'm missing something here... with the new release yesterday. I haven't even *seen* any new eggs. I haven't seen empty biomes from people taking all the eggs. Everything in the cave looks like any other day and I'm so confused, I've been looking the past few days and... nothing? They are dropping in the cave right? Or is there a BSA I'm missing or... I don't even know what lol.

so... I feel like I'm missing something here... with the new release yesterday. I haven't even *seen* any new eggs. I haven't seen empty biomes from people taking all the eggs. Everything in the cave looks like any other day and I'm so confused, I've been looking the past few days and... nothing? They are dropping in the cave right? Or is there a BSA I'm missing or... I don't even know what lol.

This happened with the fire gems. Methinks, TJ needs to return to tweak the ratios again.

(Other people are having the same issue - you are not alone!)

How do raffles work? Or at least, how have they worked in the past? The news post mentions "dragons raised over the past several weeks will be counted towards the May raffle" but I have no context and thus no idea what this means...

How do raffles work? Or at least, how have they worked in the past? The news post mentions "dragons raised over the past several weeks will be counted towards the May raffle" but I have no context and thus no idea what this means...

You have to raise 3 dragons in order to be able to enter the raffle ~ highly unlikely you didn't do so already ~ 60 prizes will be gifted so 60 people will win every month

Each month there will be a different task to enter the raffle ~ like raise/freeze/breed X amount of dragons etc.