Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Going through the dragon sub-types on the dragcave wikia, I saw that Red-finned Tidals are classified as Lindwyrms. For me, they don't seem to have a pair of front legs? Or am I just blind? xd.png

Lindwurms, also known as Linnorms, Lindworms, Linwurms, etc. are serpentine dragons with no hind legs, only forelegs. They may or may not have wings.

Lindwurms, also known as Linnorms, Lindworms, Linwurms, etc. are serpentine dragons with no hind legs, only forelegs. They may or may not have wings.

Yes, that was Chococat0815's point: they don't see any forelegs, yes the encyclopedia lists them as lindwyrms.

Chococat0815, I've wondered that myself, if they shouldn't be amphipteres. I don't know if I ever included it in a report, though, as I wasn't sure if it was just me. I guess they're considered lindwyrms because that's what the artist stated she considered them?

Yes, that was Chococat0815's point: they don't see any forelegs, yes the encyclopedia lists them as lindwyrms.

Chococat0815, I've wondered that myself, if they shouldn't be amphipteres. I don't know if I ever included it in a report, though, as I wasn't sure if it was just me. I guess they're considered lindwyrms because that's what the artist stated she considered them?

They have wings instead of forelegs ~ forelegs with wings or however is best to explain ~ You can see one foreleg finger which shows that is not just a wing like by amphipteres ~

They have wings instead of forelegs ~ forelegs with wings or however is best to explain ~ You can see one foreleg finger which shows that is not just a wing like by amphipteres ~

Oooh, thank you for explaining further. I always wondered what that was: tbh, I cannot get the image of a giant ear out of my mind when I look at the male...

I guess that makes sense, thanks and also thank you, Sock =)

Another point for them being lindwyrms (not amphipteres) is the fact that the hatchling has these forelimbs as soon as it hatches. They don't grow in when they mature, unlike most wings. I think the only exception are skywing hatchlings - or aren't they?

Are we still able to garner views by refreshing on our scrolls while logged out?

I know using it on holidays work but they don't seem to be working for me recently. My Zyumorphs are so low on views and I've been trying to give them some more but it's not working for me. =/

I've always found it to be hit and miss to try and give myself views by scroll refresh.

There is always the AOND auto refresher if it continues not to work for you. :0

I've always found it to be hit and miss to try and give myself views by scroll refresh.

There is always the AOND auto refresher if it continues not to work for you. :0

I didn't think the AoND AR worked on anything with more than 2 hours left?

I didn't think the AoND AR worked on anything with more than 2 hours left?

It doesn't. I'm just mentioning it in case the eggs refuse to hatch due to lack of views.

I think you get views if you're on your user/username page, but not on your /dragons page?

Edit: I just tested and didn't get views on either. Hm. :/

Edited by AppleMango

Seems like the /user/ images have been changed from the usual "CodeX.gif" to "CodeX/1.gif". The first is the one that should be able to give your dragon views if loaded onto a page. The second one is the "safe" version that won't take views at all.

Basically, right now no one can get views from people vising their scroll, as far as I know. I checked multiple scrolls that have accept aid on and off, and all use the second image type.

Edited by 11th

Seems like the /user/ images have been changed from the usual "CodeX.gif" to "CodeX/1.gif". The first is the one that should be able to give your dragon views if loaded onto a page. The second one is the "safe" version that won't take views at all.

Basically, right now no one can get views from people vising their scroll, as far as I know. I checked multiple scrolls that have accept aid on and off, and all use the second image type.

Actually I just tried getting views using the image link and it worked just fine. I got me three whole views.

Actually I just tried getting views using the image link and it worked just fine. I got me three whole views.

Which image link? Are you sure that they weren't from a hatchery? I just tried on one of my eggs that isn't in any, and it still didn't gain views.

Edited by 11th

If I remember right trades are cancelled when eggs hatch. If so why does this cancel the trade, if the code for the egg/hatchling is the same?

I never knew the reasoning behind this, to be honest. (Or did I forget, because it wasn't important for me to remember?)

Edited by olympe

Which image link? Are you sure that they weren't from a hatchery? I just tried on one of my eggs that isn't in any, and it still didn't gain views.

I took the image link from my scroll. As in dragcave.net/ image/ mJvMY (THIS IS AN ADULT !) - mJvMY being the dragon's code. Worked a treat. It was NOT from a hatchery - it was done all by ME.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I took the image link from my scroll. As in dragcave.net/ image/ mJvMY (THIS IS AN ADULT !) - mJvMY being the dragon's code. Worked a treat. It was NOT from a hatchery - it was done all by ME.

Seems like the /user/ images have been changed from the usual "CodeX.gif" to "CodeX/1.gif".

Did you use the one with or without the "/1" at the end?

Did you use the one with or without the "/1" at the end?

I used it exactly as I just posted. (but with no spaces - I hit the autodelete if I put it EXACTLY as it was !) No gif or anything.

Edited by fuzzbucket

If I remember right trades are cancelled when eggs hatch. If so why does this cancel the trade, if the code for the egg/hatchling is the same?

If it didn't cancel the trade, someone might get something they did not want to trade for.

Imagine you offer on a lineaged egg that you need to influence a specific gender, but it hatches before your offer is accepted.

Then suddenly you get a hatchling that might be completely worthless for you because it is the wrong gender.

I used it exactly as I just posted. (but with no spaces - I hit the autodelete if I put it EXACTLY as it was !) No gif or anything.

That does load an image, but I'm still not getting views from it.

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that visiting scrolls still doesn't give views. I'm just wondering when/why the change was made.

That does load an image, but I'm still not getting views from it.

Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that visiting scrolls still doesn't give views. I'm just wondering when/why the change was made.

Well, I did biggrin.gif

I was never convinced that viewing a whole scroll DID, actually. But what do I know ?

Pandalf was trying to give views to all of their eggs via the "user" page, hence my focus on that. I know that it used to give views because whenever I went to poke a single egg along a bit, all of my growing things would gain an OV.

So, names are still removed after being inactive for a long period of time? I thought a change was implemented, but a few days ago in help, I saw otherwise.

So, names are still removed after being inactive for a long period of time? I thought a change was implemented, but a few days ago in help, I saw otherwise.

Where'd you see? I don't think this has happened in years. It's possible someone went inactive during the time this was happening and just now came back.

How do I make text in my signature a different color than the default? I keep trying to use the color tag but it's not working