Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

You've got a limited number of kills but not of revives. Any dead hatchling or adult will have a revive option the consecutive two weeks following its death.

Failed revives stay dead and lose the revive option. Like normal, the tombstones will disappear from your scroll after two weeks.

Also, if you successfully revive (not zombiefy) a dragon, don't kill it again - you won't get the option to revive it anymore.

Only a few of the dragons you kill will turn into Zombies. I find my chance for success best if I do them right after Midnight when it becomes Halloween. If I wait until later in the day, I don't seem to be as lucky. There may or may not be a reason for this. unsure.gif

Does anyone happen to have descendants of the Arsani, Cavern Lurker, Desipis, or Mistletoe spriter's alts? I've been trying to get lineage tiles for those alts but can't seem to find them.

Does anyone happen to have descendants of the Arsani, Cavern Lurker, Desipis, or Mistletoe spriter's alts? I've been trying to get lineage tiles for those alts but can't seem to find them.

I may have a couple more somewhere, but this one is the only alt Desipis descendant I can find right now, https://dragcave.net/lineage/qbEnG. I think I have an Arsani and a Cavern Lurker, but they're not sorted as alt offspring, and they're hiding. dry.gif. I'll try again later. smile.gif

Here's one of the arsani alts for you. http://dragcave.net/lineage/3BaBm

And a second arsani alt. http://dragcave.net/lineage/Z7f91

Edited by Dracaena

Thanks! Just need the Cavern Lurker, birdzgoboom's male Desipis, and the two Mistletoes now.

Got 'em, thanks so much Socky! Just need birdz' male Desipis now.

Edited by AGYK

If you have more than one Shallow Water dragon, can you use splash more than once a day, or is it scroll-wide one per day?

If you have more than one Shallow Water dragon, can you use splash more than once a day, or is it scroll-wide one per day?

It's once per dragon per day.

I know hatching is random and all as far as V:UV:C but has anyone ever had an egg not hatch with over 4k Views? D: This Spessartine is being ridiculous.

EDIT: Hatched at 4434 V, 312 UV, 2 C and that was not fun. Question still stands.

Edited by Eclipseheart

I know hatching is random and all as far as V:UV:C but has anyone ever had an egg not hatch with over 4k Views? D: This Spessartine is being ridiculous.

EDIT: Hatched at 4434 V, 312 UV, 2 C and that was not fun. Question still stands.

Views don't matter half as much as UVs. You had a ton of views, sure, but your UV count was really, really low, so I'm not surprised it took so long. 600ish is a more standard amount.

Views don't matter half as much as UVs. You had a ton of views, sure, but your UV count was really, really low, so I'm not surprised it took so long. 600ish is a more standard amount.

Thank you! Definitely helped clarify. I'd just never seen anything like that.

I have also had that experience, Eclipseheart, and NOT with a low UV count either. I've had a few eggs just be straight up extremely stubborn. Mostly not eggs you'd expect to do that either. The amount of views/UVs/clicks needed for any given egg is randomized within a range set by the egg's species, which is why some species are known to be a bit more difficult than others on average (GoN, Avatars, and prizes, I'm looking at you). But you can also just sometimes get freak eggs that just happened to randomly get the high (or low) end of their species' numbers, so that they take a freakishly large (or small) feeding to hatch. It just happens from time to time. Randomness! tongue.gif

Here are stats on my latest hatchlings, fogged right after hatching, and not to be unfogged until i want them to gender:

Soleful Frills----------Hatchling -- 2,380/175/0

Neone Qo------------Hatchling -- 1,605/207/0

Purifying Kebechet--Hatchling -- 1,752/223/0

Indigo Oracle--------Hatchling -- 3,694/265/0

unnamed ------------Hatchling -- 3,554/272/0

unnamed ------------Hatchling -- 4,262/286/0

unnamed ------------Hatchling -- 2,647/422/1

Indigo Empathy-----Hatchling -- 2,595/416/0

DB Cooper----------Hatchling -- 2,613/426/0

I'm going for 0-clicks, but it is still a good representation of possible V/UV variations at 4d0h.

I think I remember having an extremely ER egg I caught hatch very quickly.

It was at 0d 17h when I caught it in the AP. I put them (there were 2) on two hatcheries and they hatched in probably under 3-4 minutes. They started cracking around 300 views I think so it really surprised me.

Or I get that occasional alt lottery egg that does not wanna hatch. 1500+ views? Pfft nah I'll stay in my egg and hatch normal, thanks.

Edited by Stellaluna22

Thank you! Definitely helped clarify. I'd just never seen anything like that.

Some breeds are also harder to hatch than others. ^^

I think I remember having an extremely ER egg I caught hatch very quickly.

It was at 0d 17h when I caught it in the AP. I put them (there were 2) on two hatcheries and they hatched in probably under 3-4 minutes. They started cracking around 300 views I think so it really surprised me.

Or I get that occasional alt lottery egg that does not wanna hatch. 1500+ views? Pfft nah I'll stay in my egg and hatch normal, thanks.

The less time an egg has left, the less it needs to hatch.

An egg at 0d 17h won't need nearly as many views/UVs as an egg with 4 days left, not to mention if it was incubated on top of that. ND experiment eggs - which you don't unfog until they've only a couple of minutes left - can hatch with as little as 150 UV, sometimes less. (Usually without turning into an ND, mind you.)

A while ago I heard something about the snow angels and their wings, can you now have more than one wing type on your scroll at the same time?

A while ago I heard something about the snow angels and their wings, can you now have more than one wing type on your scroll at the same time?

No, you only can have one of the three wing types and you can't control which one you get.

The less time an egg has left, the less it needs to hatch.

Technically, that isn't entirely correct. It's actually:

The older an egg is, the less it needs to hatch. Nope, that's not the same thing that you posted - due to the existence of incubate, and due to the AP adding a day upon first pickup. An incubated self-bred egg at 4d is still only 2 days old, not 3. A non-incubated AP egg at 4d is actually already 4 days old.

That means, a non-incubated (non-AP) egg at 4d needs about as many stats as an incubated (non-AP) egg at 3d to hatch (ignoring breed-specific and individual variences for now).

Unfortunately, sickness works almost the same way. That means that an incubated egg at 6d gets sick with the same few stats that a non-incubated 7d egg gets sick from.

I do recall TJ saying somewhere that self-bred eggs have a slightly higher resilience against sickness though, compared to eggs from other places.

I have 2 CB Eggs, one a Gaia, one a Rainbow Copper.

They're being gifted to two different people.

As soon as I had caught them I had fogged them. 0/0/0.

And a few minutes after I send the teleport links, they start accumulating views.

48/4/2 for each. I've hidden my scroll just to protect these. Does anyone think it could be someone trying to view bomb me? Or is it just curious scroll visitors?

Edit:

Maybe 2-3 minutes after I had unfogged them, 15:1:0. I don't think I refreshed my scroll enough times to do that, though...

Edited by Stellaluna22