Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

From the news thread (bolded for emphasis:

Can we says COMPLICATED?!!!  So... with all the rules regarding what you get with what and from where, etc. etc., can we have a FAQ dedicated to all of this?  Or do we already and my brain just isn't seeing it?

Coppers and, to a lesser extent, Xenos seem to confuse a few people with regards to their breeding mechanics. Non-hatching Sunrise/set dragons also pop up here quite frequently. I know we have the wiki (and bluesonic does an excellent job over there), but not everyone knows about that, or can use it.

With that in mind, which would be the best subforum to put a short Non-Standard Breeding Mechanisms FAQ in? Or is it not a good idea?

um...... I think it might be my brain but I cannot seem to find the forum level thingo, were it tells you how many posts you need for a certain level.........

um...... I think it might be my brain but I cannot seem to find the forum level thingo, were it tells you how many posts you need for a certain level.........

Help (at the top of the forum above your inbox) -> User Levels: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=H...&CODE=01&HID=17

This is also in the FAQ: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=48

Q: What are levels/when do levels increase/how do I increase my level/how do I change my custom title?

A: Levels increase when you post, exact numbers and other information can be found here. Levels have nothing to do with anything except showing how much you've posted. Your custom title can be changed in My Controls, but only after you reach level 10.

:3

Is anyone else having trouble with alternate custom sort? It does work, but the images are aligned in a single vertical column which makes sorting quite a pain.

It was fine about 12 hours ago when I last used it. I've already tried the usual stuff (refresh/hard refresh, clear cache/cookies, restart browser, change skins) - no effect (latest FF version).

It is working okay for me. I just sorted my eggs.

I'm having a rather odd glitch right now. I noticed it the other day, when I was hunting for Lunar Heralds.

I refresh the biomes and either catch or miss an egg, and it tells me whether I caught it or it was taken, like normal. However, when I go back to the biome and continue refreshing, the eggs haven't changed, even though at least one has definitely been taken at that point. This has happened to me both on my phone and at my computer, on and off my personal wifi, so I'm fairly certain it's not something on my end. If I hit enter in the URL instead of manually refreshing, it fixes the eggs, but that's a pain for hunting and makes it much easier to miss the eggs. Weirdly enough, if I switch biomes and go back to the first one, the glitch still persists until I manually hit enter on the URL, at least on my phone. I haven't tested that yet on my main computer.

I first noticed this when I kept refreshing on my phone, yet every time I clicked a Herald, it showed the same /get/code link. Then, since I use the cmd + click option on my computer, I noticed that all the tabs I was opening were the same egg's "get" page.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? If so, I'll go make a separate thread for this.

I haven't seen that glitch before o.o I think it's definitely something to make a thread for.

Now, my two questions:

One, I can't seem to find this: Which Biomes are the Lunar Heralds in?

Two: I have a story I'm working on. Once I've finished it, I want to share it on DC; where should I put it? I figured probably Original Works, but it seems to be entirely sprites and pictures, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Two: I have a story I'm working on. Once I've finished it, I want to share it on DC; where should I put it? I figured probably Original Works, but it seems to be entirely sprites and pictures, so I wasn't sure.

Under original works it says: Post your own art, stories, or other original works here. So I would say that is the place. smile.gif

I'm having a rather odd glitch right now. I noticed it the other day, when I was hunting for Lunar Heralds.

I refresh the biomes and either catch or miss an egg, and it tells me whether I caught it or it was taken, like normal. However, when I go back to the biome and continue refreshing, the eggs haven't changed, even though at least one has definitely been taken at that point. This has happened to me both on my phone and at my computer, on and off my personal wifi, so I'm fairly certain it's not something on my end. If I hit enter in the URL instead of manually refreshing, it fixes the eggs, but that's a pain for hunting and makes it much easier to miss the eggs. Weirdly enough, if I switch biomes and go back to the first one, the glitch still persists until I manually hit enter on the URL, at least on my phone. I haven't tested that yet on my main computer.

I first noticed this when I kept refreshing on my phone, yet every time I clicked a Herald, it showed the same /get/code link. Then, since I use the cmd + click option on my computer, I noticed that all the tabs I was opening were the same egg's "get" page.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? If so, I'll go make a separate thread for this.

Earlier today this happened to me too. I had to go back to the main page and then click the biome again to refresh the eggs.

Just checked - now it seems to be working fine. Maybe the glitch is kinda random.

(Using Windows + Chrome.)

Is anyone else having trouble with alternate custom sort? It does work, but the images are aligned in a single vertical column which makes sorting quite a pain.

It was fine about 12 hours ago when I last used it. I've already tried the usual stuff (refresh/hard refresh, clear cache/cookies, restart browser, change skins) - no effect (latest FF version).

My sort was weirdly aligned also. A hard refresh should fix that. control+F5 on windows and command+shift+R on Mac.

Even though it's happening on two devices, I would still try clearing your cache and cookies on both and seeing if that helps. I haven't noticed this yet myself.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I noticed a variant of this during the initial Lunar Herald gold drop (after the massdrop was over and other eggs were mixing in) - grabbing a Lunar Herald egg wouldn't clear it from the cave, it would stick for several seconds before moving aside for the next egg.

I haven't seen it since then though.

I know this has been asked before rolleyes.gif which/what hatcheries auto adds eggs/hatch when they hit ER Stage? what ever it is its driving me insane not to mention messing uo trades sad.gif

i usually only use one after incubate but for the last couple of weeks i have noticed that eggs/hatchies that i have tried to keep lowish have hatched or grown around 4 day

I think if you have an option to ER your dragons when putting them onto the Fansite it won't auto-ER, while those fansites without an explicit ER option to check when putting them in will auto-ER.

I know this has been asked before rolleyes.gif which/what hatcheries auto adds eggs/hatch when they hit ER Stage? what ever it is its driving me insane not to mention messing uo trades sad.gif

i usually only use one after incubate but for the last couple of weeks i have noticed that eggs/hatchies that i have tried to keep lowish have hatched or grown around 4 day

EATW and Silvi's do. AoND and Hatching Club don't. I don't think DragHatch does. Not sure about others.

EATW and Silvi's do. AoND and Hatching Club don't. I don't think DragHatch does. Not sure about others.

DragHatch does not. Valley Sherwood and Egg Drop Soup do.

actually, Hatching Club has an option , but adds them anyway after a time

if you are trading I would NOT Incubate or add to any hatcheries until VERY ER

that keeps it from hatching/growing for the longest amount of time

How long does it take to get a 'freezing slot' back?

I believe it is 2 weeks from the moment it is used

Edited by dragonpuck

Thanks for replies biggrin.gif i knew something was happening rolleyes.gif even when they have been fogged for a day they started to move at 4 days

I want to ask what does it take for a suggestion/BSA to get implemented into the game... I mean there are many useful ones sitting around for years in the Suggestion/Request section and we never get anything put into the actual game unless it comes with new release or holiday... Half of them could be implemented right away so I don't understand.. Is there a certain amount of time between these things or what is it?

I want to ask what does it take for a suggestion/BSA to get implemented into the game... I mean there are many useful ones sitting around for years in the Suggestion/Request section and we never get anything put into the actual game unless it comes with new release or holiday... Half of them could be implemented right away so I don't understand.. Is there a certain amount of time between these things or what is it?

There have totally been feature updates, also found in the news section, many of which are suggestions in the suggestions section.

Keep in mind that there are things TJ knows we don't about the code and site stats, etc. But just because he doesn't say "this is in the works" to all viable suggestions doesn't mean suggestions aren't being listened to or haven't been implanted.

I have unlocked the Spessartine Pyralspite images in the encyclopedia and now have a growing hatchling but there is no link from the view page of this hatchling to the encyclopedia? blink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

So has anybody else the same problem?

Edited by Tigerkralle

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but my search found nothing...

Anyway, under the Breed Sort, are the Yellow-Crowned Dragons supposed to be placed between the Striped River Dragons and the Sunrise Dragons, or is this an "oops" somewhere?