Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So, to get a zombie dragon on Halloween you have to kill it and try to revive it. If I wanted to get one, would I have to kill it on the very day of Halloween and try to revive it at once, or kill it a couple of days before Halloween and then try?

Thank you ParticleSoup, good to know!

So, to get a zombie dragon on Halloween you have to kill it and try to revive it. If I wanted to get one, would I have to kill it on the very day of Halloween and try to revive it at once, or kill it a couple of days before Halloween and then try?

Only the revival has to happen on Halloween, at least it was that way in previous years (I know people killed dragons two weeks beforehand so the kill action would come back in time for another set of attempts in time for Halloween).

I THINK you can get them all Halloween week long, while the old ones are fertile again, but the chances are better as you get towards Halloween, where it is pretty much guaranteed to work.

Not sure tho...

Oops, I thought the conversation about hatcheries where I responded to dragongrrl was in this thread, not the news thread. Since I just noticed, that makes my post wildly off-topic there, of course, but since it might be interesting for someone who wants to update their hatchery knowledge, here goes:

The only site I know of that allows eggs to be added individually, even fogged eggs, is Silvi's,

Just for completion's sake, Daily Dragon Fix also allows adding by code. (If it's fogged, it'll be removed, but only if the user doesn't pay extra clicks to keep it in.)

That being said, you can definitely not kill anything with DDF. xd.png (Only about 500 people actively use it, and it's click-centric, so it doesn't give a lot of views at all.)

Edited by pinkgothic

Oops, I thought the conversation about hatcheries where I responded to dragongrrl was in this thread, not the news thread. Since I just noticed, that makes my post wildly off-topic there, of course, but since it might be interesting for someone who wants to update their hatchery knowledge, here goes:

Just for completion's sake, Daily Dragon Fix also allows adding by code. (If it's fogged, it'll be removed, but only if the user doesn't pay extra clicks to keep it in.)

That being said, you can definitely not kill anything with DDF. xd.png (Only about 500 people actively use it, and it's click-centric, so it doesn't give a lot of views at all.)

I'm moving the viewbombing notes over here too, because it did feel out of place there. I also have another question about DDF.

I used DDF years ago, but no longer use it since I don't want clicks on my babies. It required registration and log-in when I used it before, and, while codes are added one at a time, I thought it was impossible to add eggs that didn't belong to you. I didn't test it when I tested other sites since I no longer have a registration with them, but has anything changed in the way eggs can be added?

My overall opinion of DDF is that it is very safe for eggs, and I just want to confirm that.

Also, would you mind if I add your information to my post in the view-bombing discussion thread?

I don't necessarily think it's a viewbomber if you put your egg on EATW.  If I add my eggs there before a certain time, they almost always get soft, even when it's not new release time. YMMV

I caught my eggs late during the flood.  I have 18 very long hours before mine hatch! I can't wait!

EATW no longer works as powerfully as it once did. I have trouble getting enough views using it alone anymore, and I don't see how an egg could get sick there these days. The only site I know of that allows eggs to be added individually, even fogged eggs, is Silvi's, and they seem to gather views much faster there than any of the sites I regularly use. Every once in a while, I find one of my eggs in there, so some pathetic tosser is playing rude games. dry.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8798565

I'm moving the viewbombing notes over here too, because it did feel out of place there. I also have another question about DDF.

I used DDF years ago, but no longer use it since I don't want clicks on my babies. It required registration and log-in when I used it before, and, while codes are added one at a time, I thought it was impossible to add eggs that didn't belong to you. I didn't test it when I tested other sites since I no longer have a registration with them, but has anything changed in the way eggs can be added?

My overall opinion of DDF is that it is very safe for eggs, and I just want to confirm that.

I just added one of my sister's hatchlings to DDF by code, so you can put other peoples dragons in there

Also, would you mind if I add your information to my post in the view-bombing discussion thread?

You can add anyone's eggs to DDF.

I do have the ability to require logging in to Dragon Cave to add eggs (if you check out the DDF thread, you can see I recently got API access!), but I'm not yet sure where in the workflow of DDF to put it, especially since my philosophy behind keeping DDF running is always for API access to be optional for the site. So I need a solid plan how to neither make DDF useless if the API is down, nor the security feature useless if the API is down... smile.gif

I suspect one of the reasons DDF isn't used much for viewbombing (aside from the negligible impact already mentioned) is that eggs are automatically removed after 24 hours if you don't click. That's not much of a deterrent for a dedicated, personal-vendetta viewbomber, but it's enough of a hurdle for the 'casual viewbomber'.

(And of course you're welcome to add the information to the post.)

Edited by pinkgothic

You have to revive on Halloween day, any time all day. I believe it's a 50/50 chance of turning to a zombie. Sometimes they stay dead and sometimes they revive to the original dragon. What I do is kill a group of dragons two weeks before Halloween, say at noon(or whatever time works for you). Then try and revive them in the morning. After noon my kill slots come back so I kill an other group and try and revive them. If you want hatchlings just fog them till they run out of time, that way you won't waste any of your kill slots. Also don't try to re-kill any dragons that have been revived before. You will not have the option to revive them again.

AND if you want hatchies - get some low time eggs, hatch them and hide them till they die. Don't waste a kill on them. The rather tricky bit is getting them to stay s1 - I have one baby that LOOKS s1 but says it is a girl sad.gif

https://dragcave.net/lineaqe/IH5hM

Edited by fuzzbucket

DDF is short for Daily Dragon Fix. smile.gif

Oh, yeah, I heard if it. smile.gif I got a little confused at first. biggrin.gif

Picked up a sunrise off the ap a few hours ago. It's under four days now, has 6900 views and 460 uvs, but it still won't hatch. Kinda stressing me out

Picked up a sunrise off the ap a few hours ago. It's under four days now, has 6900 views and 460 uvs, but it still won't hatch. Kinda stressing me out

It can't hatch at all between the hours of noon and 6pm cave time no matter how many views it gets. At 6pm it will hatch as a sunset. If you want a sunrise you will have to fog it and hatch it between 6am and noon.

ETA: Sunsets hatch from 6pm until midnight, and then midnight to 6am is another period when they will not hatch at all.

Edited by purplehaze

What do I do if I feel someone might have stolen my halloween dragon idea? I was working with this person and I told them everything about my idea. They gave me a sketch and never spoke to me again. This was months ago and I can't help but feel a bit paranoid. I still have the pms of me giving them all the information and name of the dragon and them responding to it.

What do I do if I feel someone might have stolen my halloween dragon idea? I was working with this person and I told them everything about my idea. They gave me a sketch and never spoke to me again. This was months ago and I can't help but feel a bit paranoid. I still have the pms of me giving them all the information and name of the dragon and them responding to it.

Have you tried asking them if there was an updates/progress? It's extremely likely they just got busy and forgot. I would only suspect theft if you saw it submitted in DR or if it was released on Halloween without you submitting it.

Why is it one of my lunar herlods hatched at 1400 and 237 views but I have another over 1700 and 300 views. what's up with that?

finally hatched

1,871 views 313 uv 3 clicks

Edited by KuroYukia

Sometimes things just feel like being stubborn. I'm not sure if there's a reason for it.

Have you tried asking them if there was an updates/progress? It's extremely likely they just got busy and forgot. I would only suspect theft if you saw it submitted in DR or if it was released on Halloween without you submitting it.

I have pmed them multiple times. Before they would say they haven't gotten to it yet but now I'm just not getting any reply back.

I haven't seen anything like it submitted onto DR, so I guess I'll just wait for halloween.

But what do I do if they did steal it and it ends up being used for halloween?

I have pmed them multiple times. Before they would say they haven't gotten to it yet but now I'm just not getting any reply back.

I haven't seen anything like it submitted onto DR, so I guess I'll just wait for halloween.

But what do I do if they did steal it and it ends up being used for halloween?

Are they even active on the forum? They probably just feel bad because they don't have time for it and feel guilty having to tell you that. It's really hard to commit to something and then to lose time or even energy or motivation to do it.

I suppose if you're really, really worried about it, you can PM TJ and let him know the idea is yours and if the dragon isn't submitted by you, it doesn't have your permission to be shared. Otherwise, you could PM TJ on Halloween if that did even happen.

Are they even active on the forum? They probably just feel bad because they don't have time for it and feel guilty having to tell you that. It's really hard to commit to something and then to lose time or even energy or motivation to do it.

I suppose if you're really, really worried about it, you can PM TJ and let him know the idea is yours and if the dragon isn't submitted by you, it doesn't have your permission to be shared. Otherwise, you could PM TJ on Halloween if that did even happen.

Alright.

I would recommend going ahead and telling TJ about the situation once it gets a little closer to Halloween if you haven't heard back from your partner before then. If you wait too long and your concept does somehow get released, there won't be anything that could be done for you at that point.

Have you tried tracking the PMs you send to see if they've been read?

When did the phrase for the Pink BSA change?

I'm pretty sure it said something like "dragon influenced the egg to be male/female"... now it says "dragon uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be male/female".

Is my memory fading away or it was actually changed at some point? xd.png

It was changed fairly recently.

AFAIK several of the BSA's action texts have been changed too. And you can now abandon named hatchlings.